Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

^^^

Hey now! We are getting better damnit. And once Vesely learns how to shoot, Crawford when to shoot and pass, Young when to pass and not shoot, Wall how to slow down and shoot, Singleton how to shoot and defend consistently, Booker how to post up more effectively, Seraphin how to play professional basketball, Blatche how to stay in the strip club and away from this organization, and Mcgee how to play more consistently... We can finish 10th or 11th in the conference!

^^^

Hey now! We are getting better damnit. And once Vesely learns how to shoot' date=' Crawford when to shoot and pass, Young when to pass and not shoot, Wall how to slow down and shoot, Singleton how to shoot and defend consistently, Booker how to post up more effectively, Seraphin how to play professional basketball, Blatche how to stay in the strip club and away from this organization, and Mcgee how to play more consistently... We can finish 10th or 11th in the conference![/quote']

Lol. Great post.

^^^

Hey now! We are getting better damnit. And once Vesely learns how to shoot' date=' Crawford when to shoot and pass, Young when to pass and not shoot, Wall how to slow down and shoot, Singleton how to shoot and defend consistently, Booker how to post up more effectively, Seraphin how to play professional basketball, Blatche how to stay in the strip club and away from this organization, and Mcgee how to play more consistently... We can finish 10th or 11th in the conference![/quote']

iQtDcYxH8gcGb.gif

---------- Post added February-1st-2012 at 12:14 PM ----------

No Jameer Nelson or Jason Richardson tonight for Orlando, we are starting to become the opposing team's resting spot.

^^^

Not much makes me smile about my Wiz theses days, but this did. Haha great stuff.

really impressed by Shelden Mack's play tonight. Crawford looks good too. Between them and John Wall I feel really good about our long term PG situation top to bottom. Mack has a really high IQ and is very smooth operating the offense + plays opportunistic hawking defense. Strong sixth man potential IMO.

---------- Post added February-1st-2012 at 07:48 PM ----------

Seraphin is having a fantastic game too. Great rebounding on both ends so far and he's played Dwight both tough and smart. Howard doesn't completely push him around like he does for almost everyone else.

---------- Post added February-1st-2012 at 07:51 PM ----------

I understand we're a team full of young no names. But it gets really old how little respect our team gets from the refs.

Standing next to Howard illustrates how skinny JaVale's legs are. He's got a surprisingly strong upper body for how long his arms are, but his base is too slender to be a dominant post scorer.

Also what's with all of the Van Dykes on our team? Wall, Crawford, JaVale, Singleton, NY, Blatche, Booker, Mack, Mason, and of course Shard's magnificent example--most of the team sports one. Did Maurice Evans, Seraphin, and Jan Vesely miss the memo? Can Vesely grow facial hair yet?

Turiaf's full beard is also impressive.

---------- Post added February-1st-2012 at 08:06 PM ----------

Ugh! What a ****ing ticky tack BS over the back call on JaVale. Dwight's practically allowed to grab you by the throat and slam you down to push off to get rebounds and Javale can stretch over you with the slightest brush and get tagged. This is what I mean about getting no respect.

I don't know rather to laugh or cry.....

Sometimes you gotta laugh to stop from crying. Sounds like Im talking about another DC sports team we all love... But I do think they are playing better since Flip was shown ther door. I think we have to weather the storm and let these younger players get some more time under their belts. Annnnd maybe if I say that enough Ill begin to believe it haha. But heres hoping.

Probably belongs in the NBA thread but Durant deserves mention in here too since I know most of us are fans of him.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7529212/oklahoma-city-thunder-kevin-durant-not-fired-los-angeles-clippers-blake-griffin-dunk

Kevin Durant disses Blake Griffin dunk

"I have no appreciation for it at all," said Perkins' Thunder teammate Kevin Durant. "It was a layup, I think. He threw the ball in and got fouled and made his free throw, so it was three points at the end of the day, no matter how it happened, how it went in the basket. I really wasn't impressed. He finished it. So what? We've moved on."

Durant wasn't surprised the play gained so much attention.

"I wasn't surprised because Blake is a poster child," Durant said. "He dunks the ball a lot and makes spectacular plays. If it wasn't against us, maybe I'd say it was a good play, but it was against us, so it was a bad play. I have nothing against Blake, don't get me wrong. But it was against us, so I've got to stick up for my teammate."

Gotta love this guy. That's the heart of a competitor and the pride and the feistiness is Jordanesque.

Plus I think he said what most of us are thinking. The NBA and by extension have ****ing crammed Blake Griffin down our throats to the point we're choking on him. We get it. He's a huge talent with potential to be a true great but come on already. His farts don't smell like roses. And he didn't deserve to win ROTY as a sophomore... still bitter about that. And he sure as **** didn't deserve to win that dunk contest over Javale or even DeRozan really... also bitter about that. It was a cool "dunk" even though he got stoned by Perkins and barely got to the rim but it's not like it was some once in a season amazing event like ESPN made it out to be.

Even though it went for us, I don't like the Draconian technical foul rules. Seems petty that Dwight was T'd for that. Foul Karma?

****ing Ryan Anderson. Five threes now.

Orlando is not a good team. Let the threes go cold and they've got nothing despite the fact Dwight creates oceans of space for the rest of their players. Let them play against a quality perimeter defending team and they're screwed. They'll just foul Dwight his awful FT shooting will bury the team late. They wouldn't get out of the first round against the Sixers or Pacers...

---------- Post added February-1st-2012 at 08:46 PM ----------

What a terrible game for Wall so far.

Meh, he's running the offense well, making his teammates better, and playing solid defense. He's just not scoring. Some nights you have to defer to your teammates when they're hot and Rashard and the bench are hot tonight. I don't have a problem with his play. I have more of a problem with the fact that JaVale and NY both have four fouls at the beginning of the third, and even though two of JaVale's fouls were complete BS, he needs to avoid those close situations where he can get tagged. You're playing against Dwight, it's going to happen.

Even though it went for us, I don't like the Draconian technical foul rules. Seems petty that Dwight was T'd for that. Foul Karma?

****ing Ryan Anderson. Five threes now.

Orlando is not a good team. Let the threes go cold and they've got nothing despite the fact Dwight creates oceans of space for the rest of their players. Let them play against a quality perimeter defending team and they're screwed. They'll just foul Dwight his awful FT shooting will bury the team late. They wouldn't get out of the first round against the Sixers or Pacers...

---------- Post added February-1st-2012 at 08:46 PM ----------

Meh, he's running the offense well, making his teammates better, and playing solid defense. He's just not scoring. Some nights you have to defer to your teammates when they're hot and Rashard and the bench are hot tonight. I don't have a problem with his play. I have more of a problem with the fact that JaVale and NY both have four fouls at the beginning of the third, and even though two of JaVale's fouls were complete BS, he needs to avoid those close situations where he can get tagged. You're playing against Dwight, it's going to happen.

Yeah, his numbers for are decent if he was Mack. But for Wall, its a bit disappointing. Thankfully, Mack is stepping up and filling the scoring void for Wall.

Yeah because big baby's fat ass would have beaten Singleton down the floor from midcourt...

Interesting how there has been so much mind-changing from the ref's every time they've seemed to want to make a call in our favor.

---------- Post added February-1st-2012 at 08:55 PM ----------

Yeah, his numbers for are decent if he was Mack. But for Wall, its a bit disappointing. Thankfully, Mack is stepping up and filling the scoring void for Wall.

I see what you mean. He does need to score because he is our star after all. He's been on the bench a ton tonight. What's going on? Is he hurt?

Yeah because big baby's fat ass would have beaten Singleton down the floor from midcourt...

Interesting how there has been so much mind-changing from the ref's every time they've seemed to want to make a call in our favor.

---------- Post added February-1st-2012 at 08:55 PM ----------

I see what you mean. He does need to score because he is our star after all. He's been on the bench a ton tonight. What's going on? Is he hurt?

I guess they are just riding Mack's hot streak but I think it is over. Hopefully he isn't hurt and it is just an off night, but that could change in the last 9 min.