Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I don't mind Nick doing that. The entire Celtics team is a bunch of ****es. That must've felt good.

I agree, but we can't give away points right now.

---------- Post added January-22nd-2012 at 03:19 PM ----------

Too much Paul Pierce today.

---------- Post added January-22nd-2012 at 03:25 PM ----------

Blatche just watched Garnett dunk, didn't move a muscle to contest.

It was a fun game to watch till the end. Nick Young had some major head scratchers towards the end of the shot clock and Crawford takes some stupid shots as well. Can't even beat a lousy Boston team w/o their best two players.....long season. At least Wall has played pretty well in the last 3/4 games.

There is nothing left to showcase though. The league knows who he is. If anything, he is being exposed game after game.

Agreed he is not improving or showing anything new to anyone. He is a known quantity and I maintain that he is a valuable bench player that can generate offense and pull down boards in limited time at center and power forward. What he is not is an efficient player that can provide sustained professional level effort. I think Grunfeld is the driving force behind Blatche's continued presence on the court because I can't imagine a coach like Flip Saunders would be playing him so many minutes (or at all) if he had a choice.

There is nothing left to showcase though. The league knows who he is. If anything, he is being exposed game after game.

You're probably right...goes to show that flip doesn't have a clue as to what he's doing.

Also, PLEASE stop w. the Kevin Seraphin experiment. I'd rather see H come up from the NBDL and get a shot.

Team should've never agreed to not send Seraphin to the D-League.

He's awful and looking like a wasted pick. I just want to see H get a shot in some spot minutes (at Seraphin's expense), just to see what he can do. He's defensive minded the Wizards need any interior help they can get.

*If Blatche isn't traded this year, I still stand by the fact that they will use the amnesty clause on him in the offseason.

Seraphin is a space eating banger that will develop with time he has had some good moments. Drafting him was like drafting a high school player. He just will never be a offensive threat much like Vessely other then dunks. I actually wish they would give Jan more burn he is'nt gonna force shots,plays within the flow of the game,hustles and understands how to play team basketball, he will only get better. I think he can develop into that perfect glue type of player that we need.

I can't stand Crawford or Blatche anymore. Crawford for some reason just really bothers me he is a 1 on 1 gunner that just chucks shots. Half the time he looks like he is playing on the AND 1 tour bus. I know he has been playing alittle better but he forces some ridiculus shots outside of the offense.

The Bust is averaging 24, 8 and 8 over the last five games and has a TS% of 55%.

Get him a reliable scoring option and he's a triple double machine in the making. What I would do to have Kevin Love paired with him.

Like Button :)

Hopefully John improves that jump shot in the offseason and we make a push for Eric Gordon and Paul Milsap...they will improve this team dramatically. I'm also still on the trade the draft pick for a proven scorer boat. Love to trade that lottery pick for Rudy Gay.

Like Button :)

Hopefully John improves that jump shot in the offseason and we make a push for Eric Gordon and Paul Milsap...they will improve this team dramatically. I'm also still on the trade the draft pick for a proven scorer boat. Love to trade that lottery pick for Rudy Gay.

Not a huge fan of Milsap but Gordon would be nice.

I would be pissed if we traded our pick for Rudy Gay unless we end up with a nightmare scenario of picking sixth again.

We'll never do it. Ted likes to build through youth. We need to do what is best for the long term health of the franchise and get a potential franchise player. We have a high chance of getting the first overall pick. Anthony Davis is faaaaaar more valuable long term than an 18 PPG 18 PER wing like Rudy Gay.

I would be pissed if we traded our pick for Rudy Gay unless we end up with a nightmare scenario of picking sixth again.

We'll never do it. Ted likes to build through youth. We need to do what is best for the long term health of the franchise and get a potential franchise player. We have a high chance of getting the first overall pick. Anthony Davis is faaaaaar more valuable long term than an 18 PPG 18 PER wing like Rudy Gay.

x2 not only that but Gay is overpaid. If you have a top 3 pick in this draft then you better be getting a young all star if you decide to trade it. This is the deepest draft in awhile with talent.

I would be open to trading for Rudy Gay if the pick is somewhere between 4-6, six being our worst case scenario most likely in the lottery.

However, if we are able to hypothetically land Kevin Love or Paul Milsap in free agency, I'd keep the pick.

No matter what, next year we need to bring in two solid players, one being a draft pick and one being a key draft acquisition. Ernie and Ted need to cut the bull**** of ignoring free agency and going all out on draft.

I would be open to trading for Rudy Gay if the pick is somewhere between 4-6, six being our worst case scenario most likely in the lottery.

However, if we are able to hypothetically land Kevin Love or Paul Milsap in free agency, I'd keep the pick.

No matter what, next year we need to bring in two solid players, one being a draft pick and one being a key draft acquisition. Ernie and Ted need to cut the bull**** of ignoring free agency and going all out on draft.

Completely agree, we cannot go into next season with the same roster + a high draft pick.

Rudy Gay is a legitimate 20ppg scorer and can be the second best player on a championship team. You put Gay with Wall and he might even be able to score 25 per game. We need a scorer badly. I'd definitely trade a draft pick that might land you a franchise player for an already established franchise player.

Washington fans have gone to the other extreme when it comes to the draft (because of the redskins). History has proven over and over again you need to utilize trades and free agency to win a championship in the NBA. You have to draft a superstar (which Wall will be in the future) and then add another superstar via trade/free agency:

Lakers: draft Kobe, FA Shaq

Lakers: draft Kobe, trade Gasol

Pistons: All FA/Trade

Boston: Draft pierce, trade for Garnett and Allen

Spurs are really the only team that drafted all their key players....and it was more getting lucky that they were able to draft the greatest PF of all time.

We already have one guy; rather than hoping a draft pick pans out, we need to trade the pick for a known commodity.

Anthony Davis is way overrated on this board. The guy has no NBA offensive game and it could take at least 3 years to develop that offensive game (if it ever develops at all) We need scoring, and we need it now!

---------- Post added January-23rd-2012 at 01:03 PM ----------

x2 not only that but Gay is overpaid. If you have a top 3 pick in this draft then you better be getting a young all star if you decide to trade it. This is the deepest draft in awhile with talent.

It is deep, but their aren't any sure thing impact players like Griffin or Durrant.

Edited by Gator Bait

If we get the top pick I'd honestly consider trading down. I think Sullinger helps us more right away although Davis probably has more upside. We need smart players with high basketball IQ and that's exactly what Sully brings us. A PF like that also compliments McGee more and makes him a better C.

Anthoney Davis will be a gamechanger. He is a bigtime athletic 4 that plays defense like a madman, hustles can handle the ball and has a good jumpshot. If you trade the # 1 pick in this draft your nuts unless its Dwight Howard.

I'd rather have Davis,MKG, Drummond, Barnes, Sullinger and probably Lamb and Robinson plus cap space flexibility then trade that pick and our cap space for Gay. That would be the dumbest thing we could do at this point.

Edited by Samuels

Anthoney Davis will be a gamechanger. He is a bigtime athletic 4 that plays defense like a madman, hustles can handle the ball and has a good jumpshot. If you trade the # 1 pick in this draft your nuts unless its Dwight Howard.

I'd rather have Davis,MKG, Drummond, Barnes, Sullinger and probably Lamb and Robinson plus cap space flexibility then trade that pick and our cap space for Gay. That would be the dumbest thing we could do at this point.

Davis and Drummond hasn't shown any offensive consistency in college basketball; what makes you so sure they will develop in the NBA. I think both Barnes and Lamb will turn into Rudy Gay type players (on the good end) may not even pan out. I'd rather have a guy who is still young and has already proven himself at the nba level. We have tons of cap space once Blatche and Lewis are gone.....so who are you saving this cap space for? We aren't getting Dwight Howard or Kevin Love, so we might as well spend it elsewhere.