Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Wizards Thread: The Beal Era


BRAVEONAWARPATH
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

So two guys (Beal and Kuzma) who won’t get vaccinated and will miss games in arenas that require the vaccination, and Rui who is out indefinitely.  Not a great start.


some speculation that Kuzma is actually vaccinated based on the claim that on Schroeder on last years laker team wasn’t. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I knew he was an anti-vaxxer.  His wife tweeted some **** about it back in the spring and I just got the sense that it was a household view.

 

It's a dumb**** dangerous cowardly moron point of view to have and I can't stand it, but I'm not going to hate the guy over it.  Many people that I know and love have intolerable opinions and behaviors and I have to live with it.  This is like that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I knew he was an anti-vaxxer.  His wife tweeted some **** about it back in the spring and I just got the sense that it was a household view.

 

It's a dumb**** dangerous cowardly moron point of view to have and I can't stand it, but I'm not going to hate the guy over it.  Many people that I know and love have intolerable opinions and behaviors and I have to live with it.  This is like that.

If it’s just his view I won’t hate him for it.  If he’s one of the guys that are spreading conspiracy theories and pushing anti vax stances in NBA locker rooms… that’s different.  Plague rats spinning tales are getting people killed.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

If it’s just his view I won’t hate him for it.  If he’s one of the guys that are spreading conspiracy theories and pushing anti vax stances in NBA locker rooms… that’s different.  Plague rats spinning tales are getting people killed.  

 

Yeah that does feel like it crosses a line.  But good people can be loudmouth true believers about bad stuff.  Especially when they're scared. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the FO had any balls, they’d trade Beal, Hachimura, Kuzma, and any others who aren’t putting team first. Go young, stock up draft picks, and play the long game for 2-3 years in the future. This team, as constructed, is going nowhere during that timeframe anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

If the FO had any balls, they’d trade Beal, Hachimura, Kuzma, and any others who aren’t putting team first. Go young, stock up draft picks, and play the long game for 2-3 years in the future. This team, as constructed, is going nowhere during that timeframe anyway.

 

Why are you putting Rui on that list? 

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

 

Yeah that does feel like it crosses a line.  But good people can be loudmouth true believers about bad stuff.  Especially when they're scared. 

 

I used to not care at all, but now there are issues that will make me not cheer for players on my teams. MAGAts and anti-vaxxers are on that list. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, this **** still isn't sitting well with me.

 

To sum up this article: Westbrook desperately wanted to go to L.A. and thought if Beal asked for a trade the Wiz would be inclined to blow it up and trade him as well.

 

And before Westbrook resorted to calling Leonsis, he had tried to convince Beal in the weeks leading up to the draft that they should both ask out of Washington, according to sources. Short of Beal showing a desire to also request a trade, Westbrook was hopeful Beal would at least support his efforts to get to L.A. — which, sources said, Beal did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yeah, this **** still isn't sitting well with me.

 

To sum up this article: Westbrook desperately wanted to go to L.A. and thought if Beal asked for a trade the Wiz would be inclined to blow it up and trade him as well.

 

And before Westbrook resorted to calling Leonsis, he had tried to convince Beal in the weeks leading up to the draft that they should both ask out of Washington, according to sources. Short of Beal showing a desire to also request a trade, Westbrook was hopeful Beal would at least support his efforts to get to L.A. — which, sources said, Beal did.

Not sure why it matters to Westbrook whether or not Beal stayed or left.  There had to be something personal with Leonsis.  I respect Beal for wanting to stay, but I’m not too naive to understand that staying gets him the most money.

 

I do wonder if GS had reservations trading for Beal with the uncertainty of non vax players playing there at the time of the draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Not sure why it matters to Westbrook whether or not Beal stayed or left.  There had to be something personal with Leonsis.  I respect Beal for wanting to stay, but I’m not too naive to understand that staying gets him the most money.

Westbrook only wanted Beal to force his way out because he thought the Wiz would then trade him to Los Angeles.

 

Basically, he was perfectly willing to blow up the franchise in an attempt to get to L.A.

 

 

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

 

Why are you putting Rui on that list? 

 

I like his game, seems an okay guy, but, to me, he doesn’t look and act like he is fully committed to the NBA or this franchise. I could be dead wrong (wouldn’t be the first, or second, time), but that is the impression I get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Long n Left said:

I like his game, seems an okay guy, but, to me, he doesn’t look and act like he is fully committed to the NBA or this franchise. I could be dead wrong (wouldn’t be the first, or second, time), but that is the impression I get.

 

I respectfully disagree, and we should not tee off on his mental health without more details on what he's going through.  Far as we know he's coming back, it's not like he's Sua Cravens (mental health) or Haynesworth (checked out).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Long n Left said:

I like his game, seems an okay guy, but, to me, he doesn’t look and act like he is fully committed to the NBA or this franchise. I could be dead wrong (wouldn’t be the first, or second, time), but that is the impression I get.


I think Rui is struggling with being some kind of “face of the NBA in Japan” guy during the Tokyo Covid Olympics on top of rookie in DC stuff, and it kinda wore him out.

 

Not surprised and not mad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

 

People trashing Beal and he says he’s not anti-vaxx.  He’s still considering the vaccine.  Calm down people.  I go in for my second shot on the 4th.  I guess to most of you guys in here I’m a piece of **** for waiting so long to get the vaccine SMH

Edited by -JB-
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

 

I respectfully disagree, and we should not tee off on his mental health without more details on what he's going through.  Far as we know he's coming back, it's not like he's Sua Cravens (mental health) or Haynesworth (checked out).

Do we know he’s coming back?  The initial report said he’s out indefinitely.  Has that changed?  I’m all for him doing what he needs to do to get himself healthy, but the fact is he’s unavailable.  Also, I’m not a big fan of him texting the team if that Mayo report is true.  Something as serious as this deserves a phone call or a face-to-face.

 

And I really like Rui and want him to become great here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...