Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The unibrow is probably his secret weapon. We are only watching him on TV, imagine how distracting it is for the people playing against him!

Good point. It would take me a good 5-10 minutes to stop it from snagging my attention every time it entered my field of vision.

Would absolutely love to have him at the PF position. He looks to me like he could turn into a KG type player with range and enough quicks ball skills to attack the basket instead of simply need the ball on the block to generate offense. He needs to get rid of the unibrow though, that **** is distracting as hell.

Yes it is. When you type "Anthony Davis" into a google search, the first three suggestions that come up are "basketball," "kentucky," and "unibrow."

He's got really nice offensive potential and even higher defensive potential. Pair him with McGee and that's terrifying to try and get your shot off against inside. If we picked him up and extend McGee, between those two and Wall, Vesely, Booker, and Singleton, I think you'd have the potential to put the best defense in the NBA on the floor. Find a scoring two that can spot shoot well and I think you can make easily talk playoffs with that kind of formula, especially if that shooter is a periodic All Star a la Michael Redd or Ray Allen.

I'm watching this Heat Spurs game and remembering how much I wanted Kawhi Leonard in the draft. Not saying that he's an all star, but he does look nice guarding Lebron and he's getting some nice shots off too.

I said from the start that there was no way he should be going at 6. And sure enough, he fell to 15. Three picks before Singleton, who I'm more than happy with.

Flip has been Head Coach for 2 years, 9 months, 5 days, or 1010 days.

Just saying.

Flip has been dealt an awful hand. Came here to coach a veteran playoff team, ended up with a bunch of knuckleheads.

He's lost the locker room. This is basically a throw away season. I don't agree with it, but that's exactly what it is. At worst, the ownership should be attempting to hire a shooting coach. Where is Dave Hopla?

so if we were able to get Anthony Davis in the draft (who I must say I'm not sold on for this team....but it seems to be a consensus that he is the best player in the draft) do we throw a max offer at Eric Gordon to provide some desperately needed scoring?

---------- Post added January-18th-2012 at 08:15 PM ----------

I didn't get to see the first half; can anyone tell me why McGee only had 10 minutes in the first half?

so if we were able to get Anthony Davis in the draft (who I must say I'm not sold on for this team....but it seems to be a consensus that he is the best player in the draft) do we throw a max offer at Eric Gordon to provide some desperately needed scoring?

---------- Post added January-18th-2012 at 08:15 PM ----------

I didn't get to see the first half; can anyone tell me why McGee only had 10 minutes in the first half?

Seemed like Flip hit him with the Evil Eye after some bad pick and roll D.

I wouldn't give a max deal to Eric Gordon, he's good, but he's not max contract good. Then again, I don't think it will take a max deal to get him.

I wouldn't give a max deal to Eric Gordon, he's good, but he's not max contract good. Then again, I don't think it will take a max deal to get him.

could be a flawed opinion on how to get players here.....but I don' think anyone is going to want to come play in DC without getting overpaid. We aren't gonna be a playoff team until we get some scorers. I agree with you that Eric Gordon is not quite max contract good....but he is pretty damn good and likely hasn't reached his potential. offering a max deal will likely mean the Hornets don't match (he is a RFA) and it will give us a legit scorer/all star caliber guy to pair with Wall in the back court. This free agency is really lousy, so I don't see any other options.

could be a flawed opinion on how to get players here.....but I don' think anyone is going to want to come play in DC without getting overpaid. We aren't gonna be a playoff team until we get some scorers. I agree with you that Eric Gordon is not quite max contract good....but he is pretty damn good and likely hasn't reached his potential. offering a max deal will likely mean the Hornets don't match (he is a RFA) and it will give us a legit scorer/all star caliber guy to pair with Wall in the back court. This free agency is really lousy, so I don't see any other options.

I gotta give it some thought, but I definitely understand where you're coming from. I'm dying to see Wall play with a legit, NBA All-Star caliber scorer. Or two.

Your point is valid. It just may take a max deal to get some real talent to come here.

---------- Post added January-18th-2012 at 08:41 PM ----------

We are shooting like ****, yet we're only down 5. This game is winnable.

Does Harden realize he looks just like Deshawn Stevenson?

---------- Post added January-18th-2012 at 09:01 PM ----------

Jan is a nightmare on defense for the opposition and will only get better. I'm warming up to this guy....I say we start him at the 4 along with McGee, Singleton, Wall, and Young.

Holy **** blatche hahahahaha

say what you want about the man, he makes shots.

he's shooting like 40% this year, thats horrific for a PF.

Couple questions:

Being out here on the West Coast...I don't get to see as many games as I like. What happened to Ronny Turiaf? Is he hurt? Why isn't he playing?

Also, on a 1-12 team, why is old ass Rashard Lewis getting more minutes than Jan Vesely?

Turiaf broke his hand a couple of weeks ago.

My guess is they think Lewis is just in a slump and his jump shot will return, otherwise it makes no sense. Teams don't respect his jumper anymore.

Edited by StillUnknown

he's shooting like 40% this year, thats horrific for a PF.

My guess is they think Lewis is just in a slump and his jump shot will return, otherwise it makes no sense. Teams don't respect his jumper anymore.

I don't care if his jumper comes back and he scores 50 points per game.....he is old, makes way too much money, and wont be on the team next year. This team has no chance at the playoffs this year, so I just assume play the young guys.

I know you weren't defending the move at all....I'm just saying. The Wizards' higher ups strategy is completely flawed. I say we fire both Ernie and Flip tonight!

I don't care if his jumper comes back and he scores 50 points per game.....he is old, makes way too much money, and wont be on the team next year. This team has no chance at the playoffs this year, so I just assume play the young guys.

I know you weren't defending the move at all....I'm just saying. The Wizards' higher ups strategy is completely flawed. I say we fire both Ernie and Flip tonight!

Win or lose, tonights game will buy Flip & Ernie a 2 month reprieve from Ted. :ols:

Edited by StillUnknown