Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Alas, I fear you are correct.  I said it before, and I will say it again I think G.A.C.O.L.B. still had the best Wizards name on this board.  The team will remain cursed until it learns how to get out of its own way as it struggles to build towards a championship.  I liked how we closed the season, but I don't think we are in anyway set up to win in the playoffs.  Maybe a new coach changes that, but it will require teaching old dogs new tricks.  Unfortunately, I meant tricks rather than a trick.  Play consistent D, make opportunities to take high percentage shots, and don't turn the ball over.  That is a tall order for players praised to high heaven for their stats and production playing the old way. 

Kispert looks like Kyle Korver 2.0.  He'll be a good pro.  I'd rather go for Keon Johnson if he's there though.  Low floor, but I get a Zach Lavine vibe from him due to how explosive he is.  His ceiling is higher.

The best fit for us is Trey Murphy III though.  We need his defense.  If you've got Rui playing between him and Gafford, you've got a real chance at playing D.  Especially if we can find another perimeter defender playing guard.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Kispert looks like Kyle Korver 2.0.  He'll be a good pro.  I'd rather go for Keon Johnson if he's there though.  Low floor, but I get a Zach Lavine vibe from him due to how explosive he is.  His ceiling is higher.

The best fit for us is Trey Murphy III though.  We need his defense.  If you've got Rui playing between him and Gafford, you've got a real chance at playing D.  Especially if we can find another perimeter defender playing guard.

I like both Johnson and Murphy and agree with what you said.  Kispert is a good pick for a team that needs an additional piece.  Not a rebuilding team.  10 May be too high, but a shooter in Memphis would help Morant.

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I’d assume Harrell and  KCP would move on. Do we like Kuzma?

Harrell and Kuzma play zero defense.  I like them both but on this team?  Yikes.  Also who starts at PG?  Are we going to sign Dennis Schroder?  We really should have drafted Halliburton last year, we’d be in a good spot right now.

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Apparently there are rumors that the Wiz are doing this to keep Beal. Which would ****ing suck. 

There's gotta be more smoke hes gone then wanting to stay at this point, right?  Getting rid of our backcourt is only way id buy we are doing a true rebuild.

8 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I would love this trade. The team gets younger and all these contracts can be moved in the near future if they want. 

Get ready for the Wiz to draft the young Aussie pg if they can. 

He's going to be off the board.  Most mocks have him in the top ten.  He's good but he's not the right fit for this construction.   We need a bull dog defender who can stop the ball on the perimeter against dynamic guards.  And we also need a bigger defender who can do it to opposing forwards.  Hopefully our pick gets us one of those two types.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's going to be off the board.  Most mocks have him in the top ten.  He's good but he's not the right fit for this construction.   We need a bull dog defender who can stop the ball on the perimeter against dynamic guards.  And we also need a bigger defender who can do it to opposing forwards.  Hopefully our pick gets us one of those two types.

He won't be off the board at number 7 ;)

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Apparently there are rumors that the Wiz are doing this to keep Beal. Which would ****ing suck. 

I disagree.  I don't like the Golden State package, and if there is a chance Beal stays, then I would rather keep him than deal him and completely start over.  But we need a commitment from him.

At the very least, I think we should sleep on a move to trade him.  Like I said, those offer from Atlanta and Golden State will probably still be there in September or October.

Mobley, Green, or Suggs could get me to go ahead and blow it up, but if those aren't available, then we might as well wait.

22 minutes ago, Destino said:

Harrell and Kuzma play zero defense.  I like them both but on this team?  Yikes.  Also who starts at PG?  Are we going to sign Dennis Schroder?  We really should have drafted Halliburton last year, we’d be in a good spot right now.

I thought Schroeder and Kuzma can’t be in the same room together.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I disagree.  I don't like the Golden State package, and if there is a chance Beal stays, then I would rather keep him than deal him and completely start over.  But we need a commitment from him.

At the very least, I think we should sleep on a move to trade him.  Like I said, those offer from Atlanta and Golden State will probably still be there in September or October.

Mobley, Green, or Suggs could get me to go ahead and blow it up, but if those aren't available, then we might as well wait.

I'd rather a trade with any of those teams happen before the draft, be it Toronto, GS or whomever. That way they can control who is picked and if there are opportunities to move up, they can get it done. 

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I can’t believe we are going to unload that Westbrook contract.  That is a miracle!

I will insist forever that crippling the cap with the Wall supermax was one of the worst decisions in this franchise's recent memory. Wall got such a bloated contract that it was difficult to deal him, and the only equal trade was Westbrook who had an equally bloated contract. With all that money off the books soon this team can finally buy some proper talent

• Like 3