Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I can't believe I listened to Ted's hype and bought a Yi jersey :doh:

can't believe you admitted that...I would have just burned it and not told anyone it ever happened!

---------- Post added April-7th-2011 at 07:38 AM ----------

Blatche and Yi gear? Oh man... That's horrible.

something we can agree on

http://www.tedstake.com/tag/othyus-jeffers/

---------- Post added April-6th-2011 at 11:59 PM ----------

I wonder how NY and Javale feel about Ted not making them part of the new "Big 3"?

Part of me thinks that Ted hyped up Blatche in the "big 3" for trade purposes....remember, he said all the right things about Gil before/during the season, and he was eventually moved.

I would like to think this is just a ploy to up his trade value. We've seen this song/dance before with Blatche and the Wizards hurt themselves by giving him an extension.

As far as Nick Young (I think I read it on here), his situation might be similar to Ben Gordon. The team may let him walk....

I think $5 million per year on a front loaded contract is fair value for Nick. I'd be hesitant to give him anything more than that.

If he does stick around, I wouldn't give him anything more than a 3 year extension. There may be a team out there dumb enough to give him the full MLE (I hope it's not us). Although, with the new CBA, those numbers may go down....

Edited by RonArtest15

Part of me thinks that Ted hyped up Blatche in the "big 3" for trade purposes....remember, he said all the right things about Gil before/during the season, and he was eventually moved.

I would like to think this is just a ploy to up his trade value. We've seen this song/dance before with Blatche and the Wizards hurt themselves by giving him an extension.

As far as Nick Young (I think I read it on here), his situation might be similar to Ben Gordon. The team may let him walk....

It might just be Ted trying to bring positive energy into the franchise. I don't know how much time you guys have spent with business leaders but a good portion of these guys take the "positive thinking" thing seriously. I mean incredibly seriously. Ted even wrote a book on happiness. The wizards are in a cloud of negative press, results, and doubt at the moment and I am sure that this drive's Ted crazy. His tone and the tone of all leadership of the wizards is going to be all smiles and sunshine with Ted running the show. He might even be a law of attraction believer.

Edited by Destino

With Cleveland winning last night here are the chances of getting the # 1 pick in the draft through today

1. Cleveland or Minnesota 250 combinations, 25.0% chance

2. Cleveland or Minnesota 199 combinations, 19.9% chance

3. Washington or Toronto 156 combinations, 15.6% chance

4. Washington or Toronto 119 combinations, 11.9% chance

5. Sacramento 88 combinations, 8.8% chance

Edited by Rocky21

It might just be Ted trying to bring positive energy into the franchise. I don't know how much time you guys have spent with business leaders but a good portion of these guys take the "positive thinking" thing seriously. I mean incredibly seriously. Ted even wrote a book on happiness. The wizards are in a cloud of negative press, results, and doubt at the moment and I am sure that this drive's Ted crazy. His tone and the tone of all leadership of the wizards is going to be all smiles and sunshine with Ted running the show. He might even be a law of attraction believer.

I get the whole positivity thing...remember, that was one of the reasons why he was happy to get rid of Jagr. Blatche has some of the same characteristics. However, what good would it do to be an owner and publicly blast him? Hindsight is 20/20 and if the Wizards could get a mulligan on that extension that they gave Blatche, they'd probably want a mulligan. Best thing for Ted to do is to hype him up and hope that there is some GM out there who would be willing to take him. The dude has baggage galore and isn't a good influence on the roster (especially for a 6 year vet....).

With Cleveland winning last night here are the chances of getting the # 1 pick in the draft through today

1. Cleveland or Minnesota 250 combinations, 25.0% chance

2. Cleveland or Minnesota 199 combinations, 19.9% chance

3. Washington or Toronto 156 combinations, 15.6% chance

4. Washington or Toronto 119 combinations, 11.9% chance

5. Sacramento 88 combinations, 8.8% chance

toronto may be in full blown tank mode, they were down big most of the game to cleveland last night

our last 4 games are against better competition than their last 4 games

cle/minny have the top 2 opportunities wrapped up, I prefer to end up 3rd

I still have a feeling we will end up with the number one pick.

Check this out. I think this dude is the Brazilian McGee

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/lucas-nogueira

Lucas Nogueira

7'0 200lbs PF/C

NBA Comparison: Tyson Chandler

Strengths: Brazil's next big basketball hope after Nene and Leandro Barbosa ... One of the most promising International players of the next generation ... At just 18 years of age, shows a great deal of potential ... An athletic specimen ... Shows tremendous length and great balance ... Runs the floor like a deer, makes quick moves. Can change directions quickly. Very springy ... A big time shot blocker using his length and leaping ability to be an eraser around the basket ... Excellent on the break where he uses his tremendous fluidity and speed to convert dunks ... Shows some offensive ability with a solid shooting touch and ability to knock down free throws ... Tremendous rebounder. Shows good hands.

Weaknesses: The big knock against Lucas "Bebe" is that he is lazy ... Sources around the team claim that he is a little bit difficult to deal with and already has a star's attitude ... Nothing can derail a promising career faster than a kid not willing to put the work in, so for Lucas, keeping his head on straight, continuing to work hard and focusing on his development is crucial if he's going to realize his vast potential ... Must continue to develop his upper body and overall strength ... Still extremely skinny. 200 lbs. Must bulk up, but shows wiry strength and should be able to add weight successfully without diminishing his agility ... Needs to keep developing his offensive game, prove himself against a high level of competition ...

toronto may be in full blown tank mode, they were down big most of the game to cleveland last night

our last 4 games are against better competition than their last 4 games

cle/minny have the top 2 opportunities wrapped up, I prefer to end up 3rd

I think the Raptors are tanking it big time. Same with the Timberwolves. I know Toronto has one more winnable game against the Nets and I don't think we will win another with the exception of the last game of the year versus Cleveland.

Crawford had 29.

He's shooting really well now. That 29 came really easy for him and he crushed his FTs. He's getting so good so fast it's nuts.

Crawford took this starting opportunity and ran with it. Even Wall wasn't this ready to rock when his moment came along ealier in the season. I bet Crawford was languishing on the bench in Atlanta dying to get on the floor.

John Wall looks like he appreciates playing beside Crawford too. He looks loose out there and I think he likes the fact that he doesn't have to handle the ball every minute we're on offense (well except for when Blatche stupidly takes the ball up the court and immediately tries some dumb shot). I think he likes playing off a couple of occasions and taking open shots. He's shooting better next to Crawford IMO. IIRC, he drained a pair of catch and shoot open 3s last night at the top of the key. I'm pretty sure at least one of them was made possible by Crawford's pressure. Wall is also going to get to the point where defenses won't be able to leave him open like that any more and the day that happens our back court will become extremely dangerous.

I think Crawford is going to be a star.