Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Even if we lose tonight, I hope people take the positives out of this game. Add Josh Howard and Gil to this, and hey, things might be alright. On Friday BOTH radio stations did bits about whether we might threaten the record of 9 wins in a season. After one game. It's not going to be like that. We're not going to contend and we're gonna have some games where we just flat out suck and borderline embarrass ourselves, but the future is bright.

Anyway, Horford is a beast. I definitely wouldn't mind it if we made a run at him in free agency.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Excellent game by the team. Would have probably won this game if Flip wasn't an idiot. Keeping Javale on the bench and letting Yi get abused was a huge mistake.

Don't forget the 2/3. Though I'm not sure we were in it long enough for it to really kill us. I remember one made 3 against it.

Don't forget the 2/3. Though I'm not sure we were in it long enough for it to really kill us. I remember one made 3 against it.

Flip likes to randomly use the 2-3 for no reason at all during many parts of the game. He's not a good coach for a young team. He can take his talents to south beach or something. That's some real bush league coaching tonight.

Some guys on another Wizards board were talking about the ex Dakota Wizards coach who is now an assistant in Memphis or San Antonio. I can't remember his name but his resume looked really solid. He's been a winner at every level he's coached.

I want a coach who can grow with this team. Flip has as much patience as a fat guy resisting cake. He's a real douchebag. One mistake for a player he doesn't like and they get the shaft for the rest of the game. Like tonight how his boyfriend Yi kept getting abused late in the game and Javale and his 7 blocks sat on the bench.

Who else is there? Serious question. I don't want another retread.

John Wall tonight: 28 points, 9/17 shooting, 2/3 from downtown, 5 rebounds, 9 assists and just 3 turnovers in 42 minutes. Second game of his career. Believe.

For once I am feeling you GACOLB.

I lived through 30 years of incompetence with a sprinkle of hope.

We finally have a new owner and hope of building a franchise.

You don't do that overnight. We have a cornerstone to build on. I believe.

Coaching isn't the problem, it's talent. We have to build a winning franchise in DC. Once we do that, we can get non "retreads" to come here.

Some guys on another Wizards board were talking about the ex Dakota Wizards coach who is now an assistant in Memphis or San Antonio. I can't remember his name but his resume looked really solid. He's been a winner at every level he's coached.

I want a coach who can grow with this team. Flip has as much patience as a fat guy resisting cake. He's a real douchebag. One mistake for a player he doesn't like and they get the shaft for the rest of the game. Like tonight how his boyfriend Yi kept getting abused late in the game and Javale and his 7 blocks sat on the bench.

I'm a member of the board you just referenced and completely agree with you as far as Flip is concerned.

He also has a tendency to throw his players under the bus publicly.

That **** is not cool.

Seriously.

I was hoping Flip would have a little more patience with the young guys of this team this year. But so far it seems like the same ol' Flip has shown up. He's an *******. I'm done with him as far as being a coach for this squad. He's done some good things in his little time in DC but his overall management of the roster is really frustrating.

I really hate to see a great effort like Wall's go to waste because his coach is a dumbass. The future is hella bright though.

Edited by No Excuses

I was hoping Flip would have a little more patience with the young guys of this team this year. But so far it seems like the same ol' Flip has shown up. He's an *******. I'm done with him as far as being a coach for this squad. He's done some good things in his little time in DC but his overall management of the roster is really frustrating.

I really hate to see a great effort like Wall's go to waste because his coach is a dumbass. The future is hella bright though.

Maybe we can get Gar Hurd :ols:

Seriously, you don't get good coaches on bad franchises. Baby steps.

Maybe we can get Gar Hurd :ols:

Seriously, you don't get good coaches on bad franchises. Baby steps.

That's true. You can't forget how Ernie brought in Tim Thibodeu to coach defense under EJ. Thibs quit within two days of joining. I'm 100% it happened because he saw how third rate the structure of this franchise is.

That's true. You can't forget how Ernie brought in Tim Thibodeu to coach defense under EJ. Thibs quit within two days of joining. I'm 100% it happened because he saw how third rate the structure of this franchise is.

There is a new owner in town. Patience, good things will happen.

Scuttlebutt is that EJ never wanted Thibodeaux to begin with but Ernie insisted.

And the EJ (SUPPOSEDLY) made Thibodeau so uncomfortable that he quit after two days.

EJ suspected (and rightfully so) that Thibodeau was brought in as a potential replacement.

Scuttlebutt is that EJ never wanted Thibodeaux to begin with but Ernie insisted.

And the EJ (SUPPOSEDLY) made Thibodeau so uncomfortable that he quit after two days.

EJ suspected (and rightfully so) that Thibodeau was brought in as a potential replacement.

True story. Apparently Ernie wanted to fire EJ after the 2006 season but didn't have Abe's approval.

I wonder how Ernie feels about Flip right now. I know Ted isn't one to meddle with the coaches but he can't be happy with the constant yanking of young players when they make mistakes. I'm not a fan of negative reinforcement and I don't think Ted is either.

True story. Apparently Ernie wanted to fire EJ after the 2006 season but didn't have Abe's approval.

I wonder how Ernie feels about Flip right now. I know Ted isn't one to meddle with the coaches but he can't be happy with the constant yanking of young players when they make mistakes. I'm not a fan of negative reinforcement and I don't think Ted is either.

I think Flip is a solid coach.....for a veteran team.

He just doesn't seem to have a lot of patience.