Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I only saw the last minute of the game and that missed Kidd 3 definitely went over the top of the backboard. Bull**** I say.

We would've lost anyway though. This team is so horrid. We can't draft a good player to save our lives (I have a bad feeling about Wall) nor can we sign a good big man. Championship in 2022.

how can u have a bad feeling about wall? who would u preferred they drafted?

isnt he gonna be the rookie with the most double doubles by seasons end?

Yeah...I don't get how anyone can have a bad feeling about Wall. He's been one of the few bright spots on the squad. Dude is going to be one of, if not THE best all-around PG in the NBA in a couple of seasons. I just feel bad for him because of the deficiency of talent that's surrounding him. Just gotta go through these growing pains. It will be all worth it when things get turned around. Just gotta get rid of Blatche.

Yeah...I don't get how anyone can have a bad feeling about Wall. He's been one of the few bright spots on the squad. Dude is going to be one of, if not THE best all-around PG in the NBA in a couple of seasons. I just feel bad for him because of the deficiency of talent that's surrounding him. Just gotta go through these growing pains. It will be all worth it when things get turned around. Just gotta get rid of Blatche.

I don't have a bad feeling about Wall but he is not one of the best all around PGs in the league. He is a great passer, terrible shooter, and he looks weak on the defensive end.

Wall defense will improve he just have too give effort every play, he has elite size 6'4 and elite speed and amazing lenth if he can just go all out on the defensive end he will be an All NBA defender in a few years. Also he is used too going agaisnt college and high school guards, big difference in the NBA but he will get it together.

I don't think he will ever be a great shooter but if he can improve a little and get more aggresive attacking the basket he will be just what the doctor ordered. Everything is right there he just needs too go out and get it.

I don't have a bad feeling about Wall but he is not one of the best all around PGs in the league. He is a great passer, terrible shooter, and he looks weak on the defensive end.

Wall defense will improve he just have too give effort every play, he has elite size 6'4 and elite speed and amazing lenth if he can just go all out on the defensive end he will be an All NBA defender in a few years. Also he is used too going agaisnt college and high school guards, big difference in the NBA but he will get it together.

I don't think he will ever be a great shooter but if he can improve a little and get more aggresive attacking the basket he will be just what the doctor ordered. Everything is right there he just needs too go out and get it.

They said Jordan would never be a good jump shooter also.

Jump shooting is the easiest thing to improve. It is not an intangible, it just takes practice in the gym.

Man, you guys are awesome on the road.

How is it possible to be that bad on the road? 0-24 on the road... But 13-11 at home?

That's one hell of a mental block because the Wiz aren't a bad team when playing at home.

Edited by KDawg

Folks said the same thing about Derrick Rose's broke jumper when he came into the league, now he's a threat to score from just about anywhere on the court. I'm not concerned with his bad shooting because I know he'll put in the time to improve. He's a gym rat and has the desire to be the best...Wall has the potential to be the best PG in the NBA. I never said anything about him being it right now, because he's not. However, as a pure PG...he's further along at the age of 20 than guys like Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Rondo, etc....On top of it all, Wall is playing hurt. It's no coincidence that his defense and general lateral quickness have suffered since he came back a few weeks ago. Dude is gutting it out right now.

They said Jordan would never be a good jump shooter also.

Jump shooting is the easiest thing to improve. It is not an intangible, it just takes practice in the gym.

Yeah, if this is Wall at his worst, I can't wait until he learns the league, the players, the officiating and puts it all together. He's getting alot of double/doubles each night. Can we say triple/double machine in the future? He's the lone bright spot.

Is there anyone on our road schedule we can actually beat? I don't see Cleveland anytime soon.

We play Cleveland a day after we play San Antonio. We should receive the ass kicking of our life against SA.

Duncan against Blatche. :ols:

I don't understand why no one on the coaching staff asks Andray to stop shooting. At 1-8 through 1.5 quarters, Flip should have told him to quit chucking and focus on other parts of the game. I have never seen a big man routinely finish with shooting numbers as bad as 4-17.

We play Cleveland a day after we play San Antonio. We should receive the ass kicking of our life against SA.

Duncan against Blatche. :ols:

I don't understand why no one on the coaching staff asks Andray to stop shooting. At 1-8 through 1.5 quarters, Flip should have told him to quit chucking and focus on other parts of the game. I have never seen a big man routinely finish with shooting numbers as bad as 4-17.

the best way to stop him from shooting, short of benching his ass, would be to just refuse to pass him the ball. Blatche has never focused on any other parts of the game, and he doesn't strike me as a person that actually listens to anything Flip tells him

how can u have a bad feeling about wall? who would u preferred they drafted?

isnt he gonna be the rookie with the most double doubles by seasons end?

Just every game I've watched he is more flash and preening than actual output. I don't see him breaking his defender that often. His jumper is average. I dunno...perhaps it is just the Curse O' Les Boulez that has me cynical. Such a horrible organization.

The only other players I wanted us to draft were Favors or Cousins. But all in all it was the best pick we could've made. He is only 20 and he obviously has a lot of talent so more power, I'll try to stay positive. But remember I warned you when he's averaging 10.1 points and 5 assists in five years. :D

Just every game I've watched he is more flash and preening than actual output. I don't see him breaking his defender that often. His jumper is average. I dunno...perhaps it is just the Curse O' Les Boulez that has me cynical. Such a horrible organization.

The only other players I wanted us to draft were Favors or Cousins. But all in all it was the best pick we could've made. He is only 20 and he obviously has a lot of talent so more power, I'll try to stay positive. But remember I warned you when he's averaging 10.1 points and 5 assists in five years. :D

Right now Wall is what? 5th in the league in assists....in his Rookie year? He has parts of his game to improve. But if your PG is doing that right away on an awful team where they miss so many shots. That's a good sign. He's just under a double-double. 15 and 9.

I think he's one of the few brightspots this year.