Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Bit of a layoff this week, "easy" opponent. They came in sluggish and got caught sleeping. By the time they recovered they had too many starters hurt. 

This is a tough one to swallow, especially after I was saying after the Orlando game that the Bullez need to put bad teams away. Draw the line. Grrrr...

I'm gonna stay optimistic for now. 

Not playing since monday and being down 3 starters would hurt any team. Still tired of losing to sub-.500 basketball teams at home, though.

Btw, Breaking News: John Wall is a max player. I'm very proud of that guy, I really am.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

I missed the last possession of the 4th quarter when Wall drove and kicked it out. I kind of wish he would have just shot it at the round rather than make the right choice and pass it Booker for the wide open 3...

It was Singleton in the corner for that 3. He was wide open too because John pulled three defenders to him on the drive.

John wasn't going to get a foul there. And he couldn't shoot it over that kind of pressure. The kick out to the open man in the corner was the right move. Singleton just missed.

But I bet Webster or Beal makes that. That's where having those two go down and having to play Singleton hurts.

But I think the story of the night was injuries to Nene and Webster, Wall playing the entire second half, and the Bucks shot making. They made incredible shots all night and they're the worst shooting team. It was just one of those nights unfortunately. And we don't have the depth to cope with that. We're down three of our top six players now... And we've proven depressingly incapable of winning without Nene.

They might be one of the worst without Nene, Beal and Webster.

I think it's the training staff. No other reason why it seems like we are missing multiple key players all the ****ing time.

I will pass on that. The training staff definitely has its issues. Not sure how you can blame them for yet another injury to the most fragile big man alive in Nene and then a freak injury to Webster. Or even Beal being overplayed by Wittman/Grunfeld leading to his injury.

This is the second time this season Wall had a game like last night's and we lost to a team that was supposed to be worse (Toronto). He and Ariza were outstanding last night. Did anyone else show up?

My only real negatives with Wall were going 0-5 from three and some of the decision making which led to poor possessions or turnovers a couple times. I don't have a problem with getting called for charges, I thought the second one was egregious--he was spinning away from the basket and had a finger roll shot off the glass negated as he was falling away on a flop that should have been a blocking foul. Wall was pissed and got called for a tech for cussing as he got hacked on his next possession. That was a bull**** tech too BTW, he wasn't even talking to the ref and he got immediately T'd up. **** that ref. Guys cuss all the time, you can hear it in a quiet arena like ours.

Anyway, Wall had a pretty awesome game. Ariza was awesome too after he got warmed up. Webster started strong then got hurt. Nene did a bit of scoring but was pretty ineffective. Gortat was invisible for the most part and ineffectual down the stretch when we really needed him to step up. Vesely and Porter were terrible. Booker was OK. Singleton was actually pretty good. Maynor was terrible. GRJr was put in at a bizarre spot. And I don't recall seeing Seraphin.

Getting down 15 was what really killed us though. It took everything we had to climb out of that hole and we almost got away with it. But that's the reason Wall played the entire second half and that's why we ran out of gas down the stretch.

John Henson also thoroughly outplayed all of our bigs. He made a HUGE impact. And Kris Middleton had the night of his life. OJ Mayo and Brandon Knight shot the lights out too. And Ekpe Udoh made big contributions when he got in. Plus Nate Wolters was OK. An upgrade over Beno Udrih for sure.

When scrubs like Kris Middleton and Ekpe Udoh go off on you, it's clear the Basketball Gods are against you that night.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

It was Singleton in the corner for that 3. He was wide open too because John pulled three defenders to him on the drive.

John wasn't going to get a foul there. And he couldn't shoot it over that kind of pressure. The kick out to the open man in the corner was the right move. Singleton just missed.

But I bet Webster or Beal makes that. That's where having those two go down and having to play Singleton hurts.

But I think the story of the night was injuries to Nene and Webster, Wall playing the entire second half, and the Bucks shot making. They made incredible shots all night and they're the worst shooting team. It was just one of those nights unfortunately. And we don't have the depth to cope with that. We're down three of our top six players now... And we've proven depressingly incapable of winning without Nene.

Oh. I knew it was one of them buns that can't shoot...

Seems like every time one of my team starts to cook, something happens and my team takes about ten steps back.

I don't believe in curses, but this crap makes you wonder...

We've got systemic injury issues.

How many other teams out there are constantly missing 2, 3, or 4 of their top six players?

I blame Ted. Earlier that day, he put up another one of his patented smug blog posts about trading injured players. 

He will be unbearable if he ever wins anything.

Edited by StillUnknown