Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

If we are talking about what has happened in reality and none of this potential nonsense then I'd put Conley, Lillard, and Rondo below Wall.  Conley just isn't that good.  Lillard was great for a rookie and might get better but he didn't outplay Wall last season IMO.  Rondo is a guy that people love because for whatever reason they hate PGs that score.  I happen to think Rondo is a bit of a nightmare.  He's not "pass first" as much as he is "must pass" because he's just not a good or efficient scoring option.  He's not a godd free throw shooter which makes handing him the ball late in close games a risk.  His attitude has clearly caused drama in the locker room.  I'm not sure he's an easy guy to build around or that he succeeds on a team that needs him to be the star or the second star on offense.  

Irving is ahead of Wall.  He's a special player and while Wall has strengths over Kyrie a dominant scorer is more valuable than a well rounded point guard.  It's the rarest skill in basketball.  I'd say Wall is a terrific defender but that wouldn't be true.  He's a terrific defender when he wants to be, and that's not often enough for him to qualify as a terrific defender.  If Wall consistently gave 100% on defense I might give him the edge over Kyrie but he doesn't.  Right now Kyrie is clearly, IMO, the better player and a superstar in the making. 

The rest on G.A.C.O.L.B's list are clearly better than Wall based on previous results.  

All of this will change next season when Wall emerges as a top flight PG in the league.  

If Wall comes close to his potential, he might not take a backseat to anyone on that list.

That's what the discussion was about. I guess Wall was on Dan Patrick's radio show or something and he said something about becoming the best PG in the league. So on PTI they were playing an odds game. What's the chance Wall becomes the best PG? They both said 5% iirc and JA Adande went into the uisual rap about winning a playoff game first (ten mins earlier he was talking about how Greg Oden might be the difference maker in a Heat 3peat. )

Anyway, anyone NOT on that list that might belong in the discussion?

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Kyrie has a bigger body of excellent play than Wall Destino. His scoring stats are better. And he definitely has a highly valuable, bankable strength.

But Kyrie has never achieved the level of play that Wall did in March and April. Unless Wall really regresses next year, I don't think he's better than Wall.

And I think you're undervaluing being a complete player. I think it's the single most valuable player in basketball. Those are the superstars who you can build contenders around--Durant, CP3, Rose, LeBron, Wade, prime Duncan and Kobe and Garnett, etc.

Being a top notch scorer is great, but if they have to hide you on defense, then you're putting your team in a bit of a lurch in how they must build around you. And you're not really going to get MVP burn against the whole players, or power a team to true contention as THE guy because defense is so important.

It's why Nash was never even close to as good or valuable as Duncan or KG or even Dirk, despite his back to back MVPs. It's why Tony P and Curry can be two of the best scorers in the NBA but will never seriously sniff an MVP or win a title without other superstars who can play defense to lean on. It's probably the biggest reason why Melo is not in the same category as Durant and prime DWade and LeBron (though Melo can actually play fantastic defense when he can be bothered to try).

Kyrie is like a mix of Tony P and Steph Curry. Not as good a shooter as Curry--nobody is--but a great shooter from everywhere. Not as big as Curry, but bigger than Tony P. Not as fast as Tony P or as gifted a finisher and distributor as either Parker or Curry, but still a terrific ball handler and good finisher and he's got pretty good wheels. Definitely above average. Much better shooter than Parker, and has a better combination of slashing ability and shooting ability than practically any other guard in the NBA.

He's smart too, rebounds fairly well for his size, has tremendous scoring instincts and is a fearless shooter.

But he's as bad a defensive player as he is an offensive player. Wall is an inconsistent defender, goes from somewhat indifferent to totally dominant. And there is still no comparison between him and Kyrie on that end.

Wall is actually a better defender than most of the starting PGs in the league too. The position is pretty weak defensively right now, probably only about 10 or so guys you could say are actually good defenders.

Wall's also a lot better passer and distributor than Kyrie too. That is important from a PG, because it's essential for really making lesser players better on offense.

Now that Wall himself has become such a dangerous inside-out scorer, all of that adds up to Wall being the better option to build a team around as THE guy IMO. He's giving you more of a margin for error and covering up weaknesses at the positions around him rather than taking something off the table/forcing you to hide him somewhere. I think you'll see that extra flexibility come out in the win differential between us and Cleveland this year unless Andrew Bynum has a renaissance year. It's close between them, but Wall is a little better.

Both are going to be future superstars BTW. Soon those two, and Rose, and maybe Westbrook, and maybe still Paul, will be considered the four or five best guards in the league. Maybe as soon as next year. And actually I think Wall, Kyrie, Rose, Westbrook, Durant, LeBron, and Davis will be considered the seven best players in the league two years from now.

Lillard was great for a rookie and might get better but he didn't outplay Wall last season IMO.

Lillard did have an outstanding rookie year. But he definitely wasn't better than Wall last year. And I'd argue he wasn't really better than Wall as a rookie either considering how much better his teammates were than Wall's in 2010-2011. He got to play as the secondary star to an AS big man in his prime in Aldridge. And Batum and Mathews and Hickson were way better than anyone else on Wall's rookie team. Trevor Booker was the second best Wizard during Wall's first two years...

It is amazing how well Lillard shot and scored and how many minutes he logged for a rookie. I don't want to take that away from him, it was remarkable.

But like Irving, Lillard is a horrific defender, worse than Wall ever was. Not the facilitator Wall is either.

Lillard is also actually older than Wall by a few months. He's never going to be better than John. He's just not the transcendent talent that Wall was. If he had been, he'd have gone first or second overall. I actually think Beal is going to end up being better than Lillard.

I think it's cool that he and Wall are friends though. Wall seems to have formed personal connections with lots of very good players around the league. People like him and they love playing with him.

Crazy to think that a former #1 overall pick is underrated, especially one as hyped as Wall was, but I'm sorry, that's what he is at this point. It's almost like some people (not in here) consider him a bust or something. The guy is a legit player. I espect HUGE things from him this year. Definitely expecting an All Star appearance.

Sidenote, just curious, which PG's would you rank ahead of Wall right now. They talked about him on PTI today and Kornheiser gave a list of PG's that he believes he's behind (and with which cohost JA Adande agreed with). Just curious to your thoughts. Here's Kornheiser's list:

- Derrick Rose

- Chris Paul

- Deron Williams

- Ruseell Westbrook

- Rajon Rondo

- Kyrie Irving

- Damian Lillard

- Mike Conley

- Steph Curry

- Tony Parker

In no order

CP3, Rondo, Curry, Parker, Westbrook, D. Williams, Rose.  That's it. 

Outside of scoring, there is nothing Kyrie Irving does better than John Wall. 

Crazy to think that a former #1 overall pick is underrated, especially one as hyped as Wall was, but I'm sorry, that's what he is at this point. It's almost like some people (not in here) consider him a bust or something. The guy is a legit player. I espect HUGE things from him this year. Definitely expecting an All Star appearance.

Sidenote, just curious, which PG's would you rank ahead of Wall right now. They talked about him on PTI today and Kornheiser gave a list of PG's that he believes he's behind (and with which cohost JA Adande agreed with). Just curious to your thoughts. Here's Kornheiser's list:

- Derrick Rose

- Chris Paul

- Deron Williams

- Ruseell Westbrook

- Rajon Rondo

- Kyrie Irving

- Damian Lillard

- Mike Conley

- Steph Curry

- Tony Parker

In no order

CP3, Rondo, Curry, Parker, Westbrook, D. Williams, Rose.  That's it. 

Outside of scoring, there is nothing Kyrie Irving does better than John Wall. 

Kyrie runs a better half court offense than Wall, although I believe Wall is somewhat stunted by Wittman's lack of creativity.

There are some things John does better than Kyrie as a scorer. John is a better slasher and a better finisher at and around the rim. Though the difference between them isn't huge. John is so big and strong, I feel like that gets overlooked because people are so focused on his speed. John goes through guys as often as he goes by them. And I think John has better body control when he's going up to finish at the rim than Kyrie. Kyrie isn't bad or anything, John's is just phenomenally good, almost like Derrick Rose.

Kyrie is of course a far better jump shooter. His handle looks tighter than John's too. He's got an absolutely deadly mid range game and is really proficient pulling up off the dribble here. And he's also a fantastic 3 point shooter, can play off the ball too. His jump shooting is where John doesn't even compare, especially from long range. Kyrie is one of the best long range shooters in the league, John only just became respectable with his pull up jumper this season and it didn't start going in until March. And John does not have 3 point range.

But yeah, other than that, John is better than Kyrie at pretty much everything else. Better passer, better rebounder, better defender in all respects.

Steve I don't see Wall as being terribly strong. Westbrook is a strong point guard. He's a physical load that overpowers defenders and often knocks them around. Wall is nothing like that. He looks for contact but doesn't really power through it as much as get to the line. Which is really good in its own right. Just ask Harden how forcing contact has worked for him? The answer is amazingly well.

As far as finishers, he's not on the same planet as Rose. If Rose gets 10 feet from the basket he's got these strange bank shot floaters as is he has an extended layup range. He goes straight at shot blockers and score on them at will. Wall isn't on the same planet as a finisher. This isn't to say Wall is bad its just that you're comparing a guy who has never seen an allstar game and a guy that won an MVP while still in his rookie contract.

IMO Wall has developed slower than most. Probably because Grunfeld is terrible and Wittman can't X and O his way through a game of tic tac toe. That and his injury didnt help. I think this year we'll see Wall for who he is and I think he's going to be a less physical Westbrook with better passing ability. Which is to say, a flat out undeniable star.

Also his handles are ok for a star level point guard. Kyrie is probably top three in the league in terms of handles. CP3, Jamal Crawford, and Irving might be the best (off the top of my head)

Edited by Destino

Kevin Durant to the Wizards?

Click on the link to read the rest.

http://wizardsxtra.com/2013/08/01/kevin-durant-to-the-wizards/

Please understand, I didn’t just randomly think to write about a Durant to DC possibility in some rock-jock attempt to drive web hits.  I wanted to respond to an article I read online that mentioned this very idea and after some extra thought, I feel it could have some legs. In addition, after seeing some people comment that this could “never” happen, I wanted to put some more thought behind it.

In a piece found on Slate.com, blogger Michael Yglesias, breaks down the recent Zach Lowe piece detailing the Oklahoma City circumstances which allowed James Harden to leave OKC.  You can read Lowe’s piece here and Yglesias piece here.

Here’s the cliff notes:

Clayton Bennett made a decision to move the Seattle Supersonics to his hometown of Oklahoma City.  The team has been successful in Oklahoma City but unfortunately the media market is only so large to generate the type of revenue a team needs to go above and beyond.  According to Lowe, OKC makes $15 million a year annually from their local TV contracts compared to lets say, the Lakers who make $250 million.  Dollars are more important in OKC than they are in other cities.

Seattle has a media market almost triple OKC.  Despite the success of the team, the media market won’t necessarily grow and future situations like what took place with Harden could occur again in the future.  Does Durant want to risk that a second go around?  Durant witnessed his team allow a guy like Harden to walk away in the middle of their championship run(s), does that resonate in Durant and turn even the most loyal of guys like KD to look elsewhere once his contract is up?

The writer poses the question and then follows up asking the rhetorical question of: would Durant want to go back home and play for the Washington Wizards?  Hmmm….

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Steve I don't see Wall as being terribly strong. Westbrook is a strong point guard. He's a physical load that overpowers defenders and often knocks them around. Wall is nothing like that. He looks for contact but doesn't really power through it as much as get to the line. Which is really good in its own right. Just ask Harden how forcing contact has worked for him? The answer is amazingly well.

As far as finishers, he's not on the same planet as Rose. If Rose gets 10 feet from the basket he's got these strange bank shot floaters as is he has an extended layup range. He goes straight at shot blockers and score on them at will. Wall isn't on the same planet as a finisher. This isn't to say Wall is bad its just that you're comparing a guy who has never seen an allstar game and a guy that won an MVP while still in his rookie contract.

IMO Wall has developed slower than most. Probably because Grunfeld is terrible and Wittman can't X and O his way through a game of tic tac toe. That and his injury didnt help. I think this year we'll see Wall for who he is and I think he's going to be a less physical Westbrook with better passing ability. Which is to say, a flat out undeniable star.

Also his handles are ok for a star level point guard. Kyrie is probably top three in the league in terms of handles. CP3, Jamal Crawford, and Irving might be the best (off the top of my head)

Wall is actually very strong. Significantly bigger than Westbrook and at least as strong, if not stronger. That's what I'm talking about when I say people don't generally realize how strong Wall actually is.

Wall's speed and grace tend to define him because they are spectacular, jaw dropping attributes. But the way he splits double teams and breaks pressure defense and plays through contact and the way he plays defense, you can see the power.  He's 6'4 and over 200 pounds now. That's huge for a PG.  Westbrook is in the mid 180's and an inch shorter.

I think you're underestimating Wall a bit as a finisher too.  Rose is the best, but Wall is pretty phenomenal too. Rose's 3rd year, his best year, when he won the MVP, he shot .602 at the rim. That's incredible, especially considering how many shots he took at the rim. He shot just .389 from 3 to 10 feet though. Last year was Wall's third season, and he shot .594 at the rim. And he shot .421 from 3 to 10 feet. So he's actually a more efficient finisher in the lane.  He's nearly as good a finisher as Rose.

Rose is a much better jump shooter from range, but I think Wall is closing the gap a little bit there.

I think Wall has only been slow because of how awful the team was his first two seasons and the big injury in year three. Look how slow Rondo's development was, and he played with three HoFers on a championship caliber team. Derrick Rose got drafted by a playoff team and Westbrook got drafted by an even better team. Wall got drafted by us, but still came into the league setting an Oscar/Magic/CP3 like pace in terms of his individual stats. The winning will come now that the team is improving.  Switch Wall with guys like Rose or Westbrook and they'd have been just as slow to develop, if not slower.

Kyrie's handle is nice, but don't sleep on Wall's. He doesn't have to be as tight as guys like CP3 or Kyrie because he's so much bigger and stronger and faster than them.  He's every bit the threat to create a shot off the dribble that they are, and he routinely attacks multiple defenders off the bounce.  Plus he is very skilled, he put several guys on their butts last year.

Crawford is an overrated ball handler IMO. He can do playground things as well as anyone, but what's the point really? He doesn't dribble himself into good shots regularly and he's not a good passer. Those are big aspects of ball handling. I think Rondo is actually the best ball handler in the league, ahead of both CP3 and Kyrie. Rubio is up there, at least on potential. Parker is fantastic. DWade and Manu are guys who used to be there, but they're definitely on the decline. Westbrook and Rose are both legit ankle breakers too that are terrors because of their speed and strength. Wall is like them. He might not be quite as skilled a ball handler as them, but he's faster and stronger than they are, which puts him in their class.

If you don't believe me about his handles and his strength and his finishing ability, I strongly recommend watching these videos.  You know how the fastest guys never look like they're trying that hard when they run?  They glide.  The strongest guys never look like they're trying that hard either when they bump players or stone them or absorb contact.  Wall is pure grace at all times.

I like this highlight video too, this takes play from all three seasons:

Wall typically goes right at defenders too.  Especially in transition.  Look how often he used to go up and dunk it in his first two seasons too.  He dunked on Marc Gasol!  He used to like the hard finishes.

But the most spectacular thing about Wall's finishes is his reach IMO.  The way he goes up into the air so far from the basket and is able to change his shots is amazing.  He just has this reach and this body control and touch where he can make these scoops that is Dwyane Wade-esque.  He doesn't have any problems finishing through contact.

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2013/07/04/961402/durant-stays-loyal-roots   Durant stays loyal to roots

If he weren’t playing for the Thunder, Durant said he would prefer to play for the Washington Wizards. “I’m not suggesting it will happen someday,” he said. “I’m happy at Oklahoma City but it would be cool playing before friends and family in D. C. Right now, I love Oklahoma City, my new home.”

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2013/07/04/961402/durant-stays-loyal-roots   Durant stays loyal to roots

If he weren’t playing for the Thunder, Durant said he would prefer to play for the Washington Wizards. “I’m not suggesting it will happen someday,” he said. “I’m happy at Oklahoma City but it would be cool playing before friends and family in D. C. Right now, I love Oklahoma City, my new home.”

That said, if Durant ever did leave OKC, I think we're the most likely team to get him.  By far.  The hometown connection is huge and he'd certainly be able to contend with Beal and Wall, not to mention Porter.

If we could afford to keep all four together, that would be a potential dynastic team.  Four future top 20 NBA players IMO.  Plus Durant is going to be the best player in the league some day.  Probably some time during his next contract.

But again, I don't see Durant leaving OKC unless they lose Westbrook.  Let's hope Sam Presti makes another big mistake and loses him for nothing like he did with Harden.

Kevin Durant to the Wizards?

Click on the link to read the rest.

http://wizardsxtra.com/2013/08/01/kevin-durant-to-the-wizards/

Please understand, I didn’t just randomly think to write about a Durant to DC possibility in some rock-jock attempt to drive web hits.  I wanted to respond to an article I read online that mentioned this very idea and after some extra thought, I feel it could have some legs. In addition, after seeing some people comment that this could “never” happen, I wanted to put some more thought behind it.

In a piece found on Slate.com, blogger Michael Yglesias, breaks down the recent Zach Lowe piece detailing the Oklahoma City circumstances which allowed James Harden to leave OKC.  You can read Lowe’s piece here and Yglesias piece here.

Here’s the cliff notes:

Clayton Bennett made a decision to move the Seattle Supersonics to his hometown of Oklahoma City.  The team has been successful in Oklahoma City but unfortunately the media market is only so large to generate the type of revenue a team needs to go above and beyond.  According to Lowe, OKC makes $15 million a year annually from their local TV contracts compared to lets say, the Lakers who make $250 million.  Dollars are more important in OKC than they are in other cities.

Seattle has a media market almost triple OKC.  Despite the success of the team, the media market won’t necessarily grow and future situations like what took place with Harden could occur again in the future.  Does Durant want to risk that a second go around?  Durant witnessed his team allow a guy like Harden to walk away in the middle of their championship run(s), does that resonate in Durant and turn even the most loyal of guys like KD to look elsewhere once his contract is up?

The writer poses the question and then follows up asking the rhetorical question of: would Durant want to go back home and play for the Washington Wizards?  Hmmm….

Wow! I simply can't even allow myself to think about the possibility of this actually happening. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that I won't allow myself to think about it. It's sort of like the thought of us getting RG3 before the trade up to the #2 pick was announced. I just couldn't go there until it was clear it was going to happen.  ;)

Edited by Yusuf06

OKC would never trade Durant to the Wizards. The only way he leaves is by letting his deal expire and walking as a free agent and I think he's got 4 years left. They'd get rid of Westbrook first if they had money issues.

I'm not expecting a trade. If he leaves it'll be as a FA.

KD has three years left and interestingly, his and Nene's deals expire at the same time.

It'd certainly be amazing if KD came to DC.  I don't think any single move could alter the landscape of DC sports more than that.  You'd be looking at a situation where, four or five years from now, RGIII, KD, and Harper would all be in DC and be the best and most famous players in their sport.  DC people already universally love KD.  If he were actually here and winning championships with John Wall, the Wizards would go from being a laughingstock with one of the most toxic brands in pro sports--the fourth or fifth most popular pro team in DC!--to one of the strongest brands in American sports.  Maybe even displace the Redskins at the top of the DC food chain since people love basketball so much here.

It's way too good to be true.  I think KD retires after spending his whole career in OKC, winning multiple MVPs and championships there.  He'll go down as one of the ten best players ever.  Maybe five best ever.  I think he has a chance to even surpass LeBron by the end.  He is almost as good as LeBron is today even though he's four or five years younger.  He has no ceiling.

No, it's  not going to happen.  I'm not going to get my hopes up.

But as I told Brave in  a PM, I will get my hopes up for Kevin Love.  He'd be perfect here.  And DC loves him too.

It'd certainly be amazing if KD came to DC.  I don't think any single move could alter the landscape of DC sports more than that.  You'd be looking at a situation where, four or five years from now, RGIII, KD, and Harper would all be in DC and be the best and most famous players in their sport.  DC people already universally love KD.  If he were actually here and winning championships with John Wall, the Wizards would go from being a laughingstock with one of the most toxic brands in pro sports--the fourth or fifth most popular pro team in DC!--to one of the strongest brands in American sports.  Maybe even displace the Redskins at the top of the DC food chain since people love basketball so much here.

It's way too good to be true.  I think KD retires after spending his whole career in OKC, winning multiple MVPs and championships there.  He'll go down as one of the ten best players ever.  Maybe five best ever.  I think he has a chance to even surpass LeBron by the end.  He is almost as good as LeBron is today even though he's four or five years younger.  He has no ceiling.

But as I told Brave in  a PM, I will get my hopes up for Kevin Love.  He'd be perfect here.  And DC loves him too.

Durant reminds of a vastly more athletic Larry Bird (maybe the most complete, yet underrated top 10 basketball player ever) but not even remotely close to as good a passer.  Also, he's not close to LeBron's level so long as the huge defensive gap remains.  And with his wingspan there is no reason Durant can't be an All-NBA defensive player.

Durant reminds of a vastly more athletic Larry Bird (maybe the most complete, yet underrated top 10 basketball player ever) but not even remotely close to as good a passer.  Also, he's not close to LeBron's level so long as the huge defensive gap remains.  And with his wingspan there is no reason Durant can't be an All-NBA defensive player.

Durant is already an outstanding defensive player. One of the best in the league. His reputation just hasn't caught up with his actual level of play.  The gap between Durant and LeBron defensively isn't that big any more. He's posting elite individual defensive metrics and OKC was an elite defensive team. He and Ibaka are easily the best defensive forward tandem in the game.

LeBron is a better defender, but LeBron also wasn't as good defensively as he was during the lockout year. He comes away with a few more steals and is probably more comfortable matching up on PGs and covering the ball on the perimeter than KD. Durant is a better shot blocker than LeBron and probably a better paint defender.

LeBron is a bit better rebounder than Durant mostly because he gets some offensive boards whereas KD doesn't. They're about the same on the defensive glass. He's a better interior finisher than KD and a better back to basket scorer. Though LeBron had no post up offense at 24.

But the real difference is he's a significantly better passer and ball handler than KD. But then KD is a world's better jump shooter from all parts of the floor than LeBron. Consequently, that's why I think he gets few offensive rebounds.

I think people actually tend to underrate KD because he happened to come into the league four years behind LeBron. Switch their draft years and KD would probably be considered the greatest player of the era. He's already almost as good as LeBron is today, and he's basically as good as LeBron was at 24 give or take a few separate strengths for each.

I also feel like KD's remaining upside tends to get ignored. He's got room to grow as a scorer and passer and defender still. Hell, his body still has room to grow. He probably won't finish getting better for at least another three or four years like LeBron did.

It's a big drop off to the third best player in the NBA. Bigger than it is from first to second. CP3 was the third best player in the league last season. And actually, the drop off from third to fourth was far bigger last season.

I expect the top five to be a little closer next season. I expect Dwight and Rose to have a major bounce back seasons and at least come close to what LeBron, KD, and CP3 were doing.

This is the categorization system I came up with for volume shooters:

- Knockdown shooters: the best shooters who shoot for good percentages, they consistently take the best shots but also make the hard ones. Ray Allen, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Dirk Nowitzki, etc.

- Bad shot makers: good shooters who don't shoot for elite percentages because they take too many hard shots. Kobe Bryant, Manu Ginobli, Carmelo Anthony, etc. NBA people tend to value these guys a lot more than the general public does.

- Good shot takers: Mediocre or streak shooters who shoot for great percentages because defenses play them differently and they get and make a lot of easy shots. LeBron, Wade, Tony Parker, etc. The general public tends to overestimate their shooting ability.

- Guys who think they are bad shot makers, but are just chuckers: Jordan Crawford and Nick Young ahem. Monta Ellis. Josh Smith and Rudy Gay on the higher end.

Schedules were released, we have one game on National TV against Cleveland.

One is an improvement from last season's none I suppose.

the first 8 will be tough:

OCTOBER

30: at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.

NOVEMBER

1: vs. Philadelphia, 7 p.m.

3: at Miami, 6 p.m.

6: at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.

8: vs. Brooklyn, 7 p.m.

10: at Oklahoma City, 7 p.m.

12: at Dallas, 8:30 p.m.

13: at San Antonio, 8:30 p.m.

Edited by StillUnknown

The Wall versus Irving show on national TV! I hope Wall brings his A game for that one. Assuming they're both healthy which might be asking a lot, because I don't think they played eachother last year. Also I hope Wittman has Wall guard him because he pulled Wall off opposing point guards before.