Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Is that a good thing or bad thing.... :paranoid:

I been away from the computer since yesterday afternoon. So happy that that bum got waived. I do wish him well on his future endeavors :silly:

:silly: A great thing. I've been watching Summer League play and Beal gets it. You keep hearing how his mature his game is and then when you see it yourself you understand what people mean by that. There are some players in Summer League that are putting up big numbers but it seems more in an effort to show off their skills then it is within the team concept. As the 3rd pick in the draft I'm sure he has the green light to jack up a lot of shots but he's taken very good shots within the offense. Even though he hasn't shot well he has done everything else including playing defense, gathering assists, rebounding and driving to the basket. He's really going to be a great addition to this team. He'll fit right in.

:silly: A great thing. I've been watching Summer League play and Beal gets it. You keep hearing how his mature his game is and then when you see it yourself you understand what people mean by that. There are some players in Summer League that are putting up big numbers but it seems more in an effort to show off their skills then it is within the team concept. As the 3rd pick in the draft I'm sure he has the green light to jack up a lot of shots but he's taken very good shots within the offense. Even though he hasn't shot well he has done everything else including playing defense, gathering assists, rebounding and driving to the basket. He's really going to be a great addition to this team. He'll fit right in.

Summer league is all about adding things to your game and testing them out in game environments. As someone else wrote, the process is more important than the results. It'll be that way throughout the season as he develops.

Coaches don't focus on makes and misses for any player anyway. He just needs to take good shots and run his plays on offense.

With respect to that, I've been impressed with his assist numbers and his willingness to pass the ball (unlike Crawford and Young). That goes a long way towards keeping the offense in flow.

I'm not a huge Javale fan, but that comment from Eddie Huang is idiotic. He's better than DeAndre Jordan and everyone knew he was going to get paid. To even suggest that he's the 2nd coming of Jerome James shows that dude has very little b-ball knowledge.

Yeah that's actually a really fair deal for McGee. 11 million per year is actually what I think I said was fair for McGee pretrade.

Yeah that's actually a really fair deal for McGee. 11 million per year is actually what I think I said was fair for McGee pretrade.

Exactly...

I just looked and DeAndre Jordan is making 10 mil per year. This is a VERY fair deal for someone with as much potential upside as McGee. Compare what he got to what guys like Landry Fields, Jeremy Lin, and Omer Asik got. Again...it's a very fair deal for McGee.

Exactly...

I just looked and DeAndre Jordan is making 10 mil per year. This is a VERY fair deal for someone with as much potential upside as McGee. Compare what he got to what guys like Landry Fields, Jeremy Lin, and Omer Asik got. Again...it's a very fair deal for McGee.

McGee's deal looks like a downright bargain compared to what Asik got.

~10 million a year for a youngish starting center (true center too) is the going rate it seems.

Assuming he continues his progression, he'll be worth that contract. I think Denver got good value. I think that trade could be one of the rare ones where where both sides came out winners.

McGee's deal looks like a downright bargain compared to what Asik got.

~10 million a year for a youngish starting center (true center too) is the going rate it seems.

Assuming he continues his progression, he'll be worth that contract. I think Denver got good value. I think that trade could be one of the rare ones where where both sides came out winners.

I have a (string) feeling that McGee played himself out of a big contract last year. I think those bloopers lowered his negotiating value a lot. He still managed to get a good contract, but I feel like he would have been able to demand a lot more if not for that.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/7/24/3181377/aj-price-washington-wizards-nba-free-agency-2012

Shelvin Mack's struggles in the 2012 NBA Summer League convinced many fans that backup point guard was an area of need next season. Evidently, it has convinced the Wizards as well. They addressed the need on Tuesday, signing former Indiana Pacers guard A.J. Price, according to Michael Lee of the Washington Post.

More in the link

Price is awful as well, this is another lateral move. If we want a quality backup pg, or SG for that matter, we're going to have to initiate a s&t. Ernie once again shows his incompetence.

Agreed, we really need a solid backup pg option.

If Wall goes down with an injury, the train falls off completely.

---------- Post added July-24th-2012 at 01:21 PM ----------

I wonder what it would take to get Shaun Livingston out of Houston.

I don't get what you all are complaining about. Price is a BACK UP. That's it. We wanted an upgrade over Mack, and we got one. The dude isn't going to play more than 10 minutes a night. We could have signed Jesus Christ and some of you all would take issue with it. Jeez.

---------- Post added July-24th-2012 at 01:23 PM ----------

The thing is, ANY marquee top-10 PG goes down the train will fall off. We're no different than anyone else.

Probably a Forward, they seem to covet those. They have like 10 on their roster. I'd look at people like Livingston, Vasquez, Flynn, hell even Telfair is an upgrade.

---------- Post added July-24th-2012 at 01:31 PM ----------

I don't get what you all are complaining about. Price is a BACK UP. That's it. We wanted an upgrade over Mack, and we got one. The dude isn't going to play more than 10 minutes a night. We could have signed Jesus Christ and some of you all would take issue with it. Jeez.

Jesus was probably diminutive in stature, he wouldn't last very long in the league. As to Price, he had an average rookie campain Per 36, but he's been worse than Mack since than. I have every to ***** about a player that has sucked every bit as much as Mack has in his rookie campaign. Wall's reckless attacking style is not conducive to long term health, we need assurance at this position.