Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

**** NO!...Why would we give to the rich?

Because we want to win?

Wall

Harden

Ariza

Okafor

Nene

Is easily a playoff team maybe a potential 4-5 if things go right in a weaker eastern conference. If OKC offers Harden their 1rst and we give them 3rd(Beal) that's a deal I make yesterday.

Maybe I'm wrong but if he is a restricted free agent in a few years dosen't that mean you could match any offer he gets?

Yes after next season he is restricted. You control his rights the next 2 years and you can pay him more then anybody else if you wanted.

Harden as our number one scoring option is a bit depressing though. I don't really want to cap out at mediocre.

If Wall develops into the player we think he can be we won't top out up like the Hawks (4-6 seed every year). Plus the Ariza/Okafor contracts would come off in a few years so we could potentially be active in free agency by then being a more respectable franchise. This obviously is all hypothetical though.

Harden as our number one scoring option is a bit depressing though. I don't really want to cap out at mediocre.

He is a way more talented then Beal ever will be. Even in college he was basically the same guy but put up more points because he was the #1 option. If you look at it realistically if your expecting a #1 scoring option out of this draft your gonna be disappointed. I think Barnes is one of the few who could be a 20ppg scorer but still not a number 1 option. Harden will average 20ppg easily if he is the #1 option.

He is a way more talented then Beal ever will be. Even in college he was basically the same guy but put up more points because he was the #1 option. If you look at it realistically if your expecting a #1 scoring option out of this draft your gonna be disappointed. I think Barnes is one of the few who could be a 20ppg scorer but still not a number 1 option. Harden will average 20ppg easily if he is the #1 option.

If Harden is way more talented than Beal, then why on Earth would the Thunder be willing to deal Harden to get Beal? Like someone else said, they were three wins away from a championship. If Harden is that good, let Ibaka walk and pay to keep him.

If Harden is way more talented than Beal, then why on Earth would the Thunder be willing to deal Harden to get Beal? Like someone else said, they were three wins away from a championship. If Harden is that good, let Ibaka walk and pay to keep him.

Money. They can't afford to keep a third scoring option at a high price. Beal can be Harden for the next 4 years for half the price. They can't win letting their bigs walk and having nothing but shooters. They'd be like the poor mans Miami Heat.

It makes sense for them to trade Harden because Ibaka will be far cheaper to resign due to his lousy numbers, he's still developing. The league will pay Harden.

I'd pull the trigger in the Harden deal because Beal isn't as good IMO. I don't think Harden is a superstar but he's closer than a underachiever in college. Plus he has no questions in terms of creating his own shot, he can do so from anywhere on the court and the wizards lack that. Beal can't.

Edited by Destino

If Wall could actually develop a J he would be damn near close to a Westbrook clone. Now ask yourself, is a capped out team with Westbrook+Harden really going to contend in the east? This is all of course based on the notion wall will actually hit shots (I don't think he'll ever be as as good as Westbrook offensively). Even if Beal is 3/4ths the player Harden is, I'd rather have him at that salary, to help us contend and hopefully attract a REAL gamechanger in two years when contracts need to be addressed as Emeka will be coming off the books. Stand pat, take beal if given the chance or MKG and call it a successful draft. Trade Booker+32nd+C. Singleton for Houston's 12th pick and Take Ross. Dear **** I hate twitter rumors.

If Harden is truly special you don't trade him to replace him with a lesser version of him just to keep Serge Ibaka.

Am I missing something with Ibaka? Or do a number of guys like him come into the league almost every single draft? What's the difference between Ibaka and Bismack Biyombo or Larry Sanders or JaVale McGee or DeAndre Jordan or any other athletic shot blocker who brings little else to the table?

You can win with three All Stars. Ibaka is the worst and most easily replaceable member of their "Big 4." The only way you keep him over Harden is if you don't think Harden is that special. Or you think Beal is as good/potentially better.

Ibaka is a glorified role player. While he is an excellent shot blocker you can tell he doesn't rotate well or rebound all that great given his physical attributes. If I'm OKC i'd trade Ibaka before I trade harden. As bad as harden was in the finals, Ibaka was worse.

Do people Understand that Durant and Westbrook are on the team? They really just want the rest of their players to be defensive guys hence Ibaka over Harden. Plus they would be getting Beal to replace him and is cheaper which is good for a team like the Thunder. Not that hard to comprehend

Do people Understand that Durant and Westbrook are on the team? They really just want the rest of their players to be defensive guys hence Ibaka over Harden. Plus they would be getting Beal to replace him and is cheaper which is good for a team like the Thunder. Not that hard to comprehend

OKC's biggest issue isn't it's wing production, it's low post points. OKC's big three make it easy on themselves in the regular season and pretty much coast to a contender like record but it isn't that easy to jump shoot your way into the playoffs. They'd better off with someone like Zellar IMO, especially if they amnesty Perkins.

People need to wash Big Three out of their heads. That's Miami's thing and you'd better have amazing players on both sides of the court if you're to attempt it with the luxury tax. Teams need TWO stars, a system that fits (read: coach), and good role players. The thunder do not want a big three and Harden isn't on the level of Wade or Bosh. They aren't going to cash strap themselves to become the poor mans Miami.

It's worth noting that if Harden comes to DC, this may quickly cease to be Walls team. Think he could handle that?

People need to wash Big Three out of their heads. That's Miami's thing and you'd better have amazing players on both sides of the court if you're to attempt it with the luxury tax. Teams need TWO stars, a system that fits (read: coach), and good role players. The thunder do not want a big three and Harden isn't on the level of Wade or Bosh. They aren't going to cash strap themselves to become the poor mans Miami.

It's worth noting that if Harden comes to DC, this may quickly cease to be Walls team. Think he could handle that?

And Boston's. And San Antonio'. Teams of legit 3 all star construction win.

If Harden isn't at least on Bosh's level, then he's not worth a top 3 pick.

If the choice for them is between Harden and Ibaka, why is it even close? Ibaka is not special. Supposedly Harden is. Strapping yourself to keep Ibaka seems like the foolish move. Especially if it means letting a 6th man of the year walk. The Thunder are trying to build like San Antonio, and that is not what San Antonio would do. The only way you let Harden go is to replace him with a potential All Star big. Perkins and Ibaka are the weak links in their group.

I cannot understand why the media and some of our fans want to take Beal. Unless he is an unstoppable shooter, I can't see wasting a top 3 pick on a guy who can't light up the nets.

I'd like the draft to go one of two ways:

1) NO- Davis

2) Clev- Trade draft Beal

3) Was- Robinson

4) Cha- Trade draft MKG

5) Hou- Trade draft Drummond

6) Por- Barnes

or

1) NO- Davis

2) Cha- Robinson

3) Por- Trade and draft Drummond

4) Clev- Beal

5) Sac- Barnes

6) Was- Trade draft MKG

11) Was- Trade draft one of (Waiters, Lamb, Rivers- whoever is left).

We get a PF and a SG.

Edited by pjfootballer