Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I just like the luck of the team more post-trade and I suspect I'll like it even more with a healthy Nene out there. Things look more organized. No idea if it'll lead to more wins, but based on the eyeball test I like it.

Gotta crash the boards harder. The Griz are a ridiculously physical team.

Seraphin just owned Gasol with the old disappearing act on defense. Gasol is mad and wants to bang and Seraphin just stepped out of the way when Gasol tried to back into him causing him to just fall down. lol

Edited by Destino

Anyone else watching the UNC game at all? Barnes doesn't look good. He has no energy, dragging ass on defense, really lackadaisical on the offensive end, shooting poorly, isn't dealing with the physicality of an iffy Creighton team very well.

When I watch UNC, sometimes I can't help but feel like Henson is better than Barnes.

I'm trying to, but I just can't totally get behind Barnes.

Every time I watch UNC Barnes sucks so I don't watch anymore. Plus college ball doesn't do it for me. I'll watch an nba game that interest me over a college game. I do watch some though because it's still basketball at the end of the day, and I love this game!

Ditto, Destino. Just can't get into college ball. Barnes worries me a lot since that's where I see EG going especially with Booker playing better and Nene in town.

Seraphin just has much better court sense than McGee. Great passing and touch.

Seraphin looks like a completely different player compared to earlier in the season.

I agree. I remember after one game he said that Whittman told him to not think so much and since then (when he's gotten time) he's looked a lot better. But I've been impressed with him since the trade. He's near a double double at the half!

I agree. I remember after one game he said that Whittman told him to not think so much and since then (when he's gotten time) he's looked a lot better. But I've been impressed with him since the trade. He's near a double double at the half!

He's playing Gasol one on one on defense and is making life hell for Gasol. Gasol's only got clean looks when Blatche was in the game :twitch:

---------- Post added March-18th-2012 at 07:08 PM ----------

Crawford takes alot of bad shots, but he's making them in the first half.

I'll admit Seraphin is MUCH better than I thought. Still think he should be working on skills that allow him to get time at PF. If he could rotate between center and PF he'd greatly increase his value.

I would imagine thats the plan if Nene stays healthy. Start Nene & Booker and have Seraphin as the first big off the bench

Barnes just hit back to back threes to crush a Creighton run. He can really catch and shoot. I really get a Danny Granger vibe from him but the ball handling isn't quite there yet.

Henson is a nice player. High IQ, very long, really nice touch finishing around the rim and is good with both hands.

Zeller is also better than you expect, really good touch at the basket, high IQ, solid rebounder. But I've seen him really struggle against physical play at the college level, it won't get easier for him next year.

James McAdoo looks really good. He's got some Oklahoma Blake Griffin in him. Just a really fluid and strong athlete on the floor with a good BBall IQ. I'm interested to see how he develops. It's probably a mistake for him to come out early, but if he did, moving back into the mid first to snap him up could be really smart. His upside is really high.

He's playing Gasol one on one on defense and is making life hell for Gasol. Gasol's only got clean looks when Blatche was in the game :twitch:

Seraphin has been really, really, really good against the best centers in the league considering. His two games against Orlando were excellent, really bothered Dwight, and he did a great job against Bynum during the Lakers game. He's strung together a lot of excellent defensive performances in the limited time he's gotten.

Seraphin has plus potential as a low post defender. So strong and he's got good length and a legit mean streak. If he grows into a great team defender too then he's got All NBA defensive team potential.

---------- Post added March-18th-2012 at 07:27 PM ----------

John Wall jumped out of the building for alley oop.

He got insanely high. His length and his leaping ability are freakish. Most centers can't get their hands that high above the rim.

---------- Post added March-18th-2012 at 07:30 PM ----------

Zeller's runner/hook is awesome. He's got some low post moves/polish that he should be able to use in the NBA.

---------- Post added March-18th-2012 at 07:33 PM ----------

That was a ****ing ****ty ass offensive foul call.

Wall can do things athletically that few PG's have ever been able to do.

---------- Post added March-18th-2012 at 07:47 PM ----------

Wall has to stop leaving his feet to pass, Memphis is far too active for that to work.

He's done it several times and its not working.