Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The only guy I really hate on that list Gator is Blatche.

I forgot to include Kwame....it really wan't his fault he was picked #1 overall by a ****ty GM though. I channel all my "busted #1 pick" anger to Jordan.

I honestly can't understand how any Izzards fan could possibly not hate Jordan....both Eddie and Michael....no more Jordans damn it.

Can we find another Strickland please?

I don't hate Eddie Jordan. He wasn't Phil Jackson by any means but the team at least resembled a professional team under him and hell, we got to the playoffs for the first time in a zillion years under his reign. I have no real reason to hate him. He was overall a pretty average coach here.

As far as MJ goes...he made the Wizards relevant in the national ranks when he played. But yeah as a GM he was god awful.

I heard on the radio the reason we don't have Derrick Williams is that they wanted wanted McGee and the pick and EG said no. Maybe they still want him?

Did you hear this own 106.7? They love to make up ****.

I highly doubt that trade was on the table.

where do you all rank the following people affiliated with the wizards on your hate list:

Chris Webber, DeShawn Stevenson, Andray Blatche, Eddie Jordan, Kwame Brown, Michael Jordan, Gilbert Arenas, ( I feel like I'm missing someone)

my list:

1. Andray Blatche. Becaus **** him, thats why.

2. Micheal Ruffin. But he hustles so Much!

3. Yi Jianlian. He had whopper jr. hands and the aggression of an upset girl scout.

4. Nick Young. Definition of a 2 cent brain.

I dont hate the others. There wasnt really a reason to hate them honestly.

1. MJ joined a ****ty team and wanted to play. So he sucks as a GM. Atleast he didnt draft us Adam Morrison.

2. Eddie Jordan wasnt good, but he had his hands teid behind his back.

3. Kwame Brown wasnt hated. He just sucked, and we hated that he was on our team. But we didnt hate him.

4. Chris Webber?

5. I loved Gilbert Arenas

6. I might have loved Desean Stevenson more. He was the only dude in the league calling Lebron out for his gift-wrapped domination. Also he was pretty good at defending him ( see last year's nba champions ) He just happened to stir the pot with the nba's darling and got the stink eye from the league. It was unfortunate.

FWIW, I do remeber that deal being discussed at draft time (McGee + #6 for the #2)...and we did obviously turn it down.

Definitely remember talk of that.

---------- Post added March-7th-2012 at 10:19 AM ----------

on another note....I couldn't resist...I spent my 69th tweet (ever...I don't tweet much) telling Blatche he should change his name to Kwame Brown and told him we wouldn't booo him if he wasn't soft and lazy.

where do you all rank the following people affiliated with the wizards on your hate list:

Chris Webber, DeShawn Stevenson, Andray Blatche, Eddie Jordan, Kwame Brown, Michael Jordan, Gilbert Arenas, ( I feel like I'm missing someone)

my list:

1) MJ ( worst executive ever...thank you for drafting Kwame and trading Rip because he wouldn't pass you the ball...I hate you!)

2) Blatche (I know you were a 2nd round pick, but you are a soft, lazy, pathetic excuse for a human being)

3) Eddie Jordan (we had tons of talent, but you held them to zero accountability and didn't give a **** about defense)

4) Deshawn Stevenson ( don't taunt one of the greatest regular season basketball players ever you idiot!)

5) Webber (I'm was too young when you were getting arrested an causing trouble that caused us to ship you out....young and dumb w/ lots of money....I kind of understand)

6) Agent Zero (you gave me the best 4/5 years of basketball I ever watched....I'm not mad atcha.

Good question.

1) Blatche -- I've never hated an athlete more than I hate Blatche.

2) MJ -- I'm with you here. And not just him sucking at being a GM. I also think him coming back to play was one of the most selfish things I've ever seen in sports. Instead of drafting Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Dwight, etc, we were drafting Jared Jeffries. Him coming back to play--for NOTHING but his ego--inflated our value and cost us valuable draft picks. **** MJ. Undoubtedly the GOAT and I thank God that I got to watch him in his prime growing up, but dude is an absolute dick (they normally are).

3) D Steezy with an honorable mention to Gilbert -- It's hard for me to hate Gilbert. He gave us young fans probably our greatest memories as fans. But him and D Steezy created this clown culture for which we are still suffering from today. I'll also throw AJ in here for being an overrated leader who let that **** go on.

4) Juwan Howard -- Howard, Sheed and Webber. We ****ing keep Howard. I'll hate him even if it's not his fault.

5) Eddie Jordan -- Just for running Tom (I'll always **** up the spelling) Thibodeux out of town. He should be the coach right now. But Eddie saw the writing on the wall and ****ed us out of that.

I gotta think about this some more.

---------- Post added March-7th-2012 at 10:20 AM ----------

Oooh, how about Etan Thomas? Seriously dude, **** your poetry. You suck.

Looking like a road game for the Wizards tonight, Blatche might not get boo'd as much with so many Laker fans in attendance. :ols:

I think McGee has a tough night today and maybe Booker as well. Bynum and the Lakers are going to attack the interior IMO.

Wall has a senior citizen guarding him tonight, hopefully he can get into the paint and LA's bigs in foul trouble early.

Edited by StillUnknown

Anyone listen to the Bill Simons podcast with Mark Cuban from a few days ago? It was pretty interesting. I was impressed with how much Cuban understands modern basketball and uses metrics and analytics to an advanced level. I obviously knew he was involved, but I didn't know that he was just a stat geek. He thinks long term and understands the new CBA inside and out and how it will change the game in the future. They just seem like they are constantly pushing themselves and technology to find small advantages.

Then I think of Ted and Ernie. . . .

And I think, are we doing the same here? I have no idea. I don't know anyone who works for the Wizards and I have zero/nada inside knowledge. It just doesn't seem like we are running the same level of organization.

Anyhow, just finished listening to it and thought it was pretty interesting.

Even the announcers hate Blatche. "Wall throws the ball for Blatche but Blatch runs passed it." Haha I thought it was a bad pass.

It was OBVIOUSLY a bad pass. But the NBA is entirely made up of star sycophants... And **** Blatche. lol

Edited by Destino