Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

I'd rather a trade with any of those teams happen before the draft, be it Toronto, GS or whomever. That way they can control who is picked and if there are opportunities to move up, they can get it done. 

The opportunity to move up is a factor, but I'd guess you would have to work out some kind of preliminary trade framework with Cleveland or Toronto to know if it is available.

But as far as getting to make the picks ourselves, I wouldn't really care.  This fourth tier of players from about 7 to 20 are largely the same quality.  I'd be fine with any of Giddy/Moody/Bouknight/Wagner/Johnson.  They are all useful chips and we would pretty much need everything at that point.

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Harrell off the bench behind Rui?

Probably.  He isn't a traditional center, but they could even put him at the 5 if they want.  I love the dude's energy and heart, he plays with a fire.  I think the team got better.  The first rounder is a cherry on top.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Trade beal too. Get all the big money out.

Rebuild for the future.

Yes, if you can get a haul of future 1’s and some good young talent plus cap relief it could be monumental towards future success!  Except one thing!  Nobody will choose to sign a major deal to play for Wizards on rebuilding team Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

Edited by -JB-
  • Sad 1

Just now, -JB- said:

It’s the most Wizards thing they could do.  Trade for and overpay another guy coming off injury who only played 3 games and averaged 6 ppg lmao

A guy that's always been a part time starter, isn't an efficient score and shoots 31% from three. Would be an awful trade. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I agree, horrible trade.  Kuzma and Harrell are infinitely better together than Dinwiddie.  I really hope they don't do that trade.

It would be a sign and trade too cause he's a free agent. That would just strengthen the Nets and tie up way too much money in a mediocre player

Turning Russell Westbrook into Spencer Dinwiddie is just about the most Wizards thing possible. 

But it doesn’t look like the trade for Dinwiddie is happening? Getting another pick is good. KCP is a really good player and fit for this team. Defends the perimeter and shoots 3s. Something we’ve missed since Trevor Ariza. 

I don’t care for Kyle Kuzma. He looked pretty bad in the playoffs this year. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1