Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Was I the only person watching the Draft Lottery wondering why the Wizards didn't have a pick?  When Houston got #2, I thought "wasn't the Westbrook pick protected". 

Took me 5 min to remember playoff teams don't do it...

• Haha 1

The Wizards' search for a new head coach is expected to pick up this week at the NBA Draft Combine, an annual event that convenes most of the league and offers opportunities to do much more than evaluate prospects. Now one week since they let go of Scott Brooks, a trend is emerging for his potential replacement.

As Marc Stein of the New York Times wrote on Wednesday, the Wizards are putting much of their focus on current NBA assistants, suggesting they may go with someone who has not been a head coach before. NBC Sports Washington can confirm, that they appear at this point to be searching for an up-and-comer.

9 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

I still remember this play from summer league years ago. When a Wizards coach actually draws up an effective play it tends to stick in your memory bank, cause it doesn't happen often.

I remember watching this game at 5-6 AM in Sweden years back. I was so pumped for GR Jr after his summer league that year. Too bad the guy was a disaster off the court

On 6/27/2021 at 6:21 PM, Ball Security said:

Wizards will interview Jamahl Mosley.

Luka: “He’s got the things needed for a head coach.  He can be the head coach for sure.”

this guy seems like another Brooks. A guy players love but not great at Xs and Os. He was Dallas’s DC and their defenses were consistently bottom half of the league

Unseld is growing on me. I’m naturally against him because his dad was a terrible GM and coach. However, Wes Jr has earned his stripes and Denver has done an excellent job at player development

One of the key things that must happen is that this new coach must bring in a bevy of strong assistants. Brooks’s assistants were terrible and the reason they didn’t fire him midseason was because none of those guys were interim level as coaches. 

I'll be surprised if the Wiz hire someone other than Cassell or Unseld Jr. 

I wonder if anyone in the front office is watching these games and realizing just how far the Wiz are from having a good roster.