Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Kwame Brown channeling DMX and Gladiator in the same sentence FIRE!

NSFW language

He's going offfffffff more NSFW 

Definitely going to use the “did you see the screens I set” line at my high school reunion.

• Haha 7

Lol why is Kwame Brown going at Stephen Jackson?  And when he said, "what did I get, 3 years 25 with the Lakers?  I was slotted to get 88 cuz that's what Tyson got."  Lmao this guy thought he was going to get offered 3 years for $88 million?  He is delusional.  And somehow Gilbert Arenas took that away from him?  

• Haha 1

Brooks is in the last season of a five-year, $35 million contract and there has been speculation about whether or not he’ll be back.

Asked last week about Brooks’ future, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis essentially deflected the question, saying, “We’ll see what happens.”

Westbrook, who also played for Brooks with the Oklahoma City Thunder at the start of his career, made clear that he is a fan.

“Players get a lot of credit, because we’re on the floor. But behind the scenes, Scotty is one helluva coach,” Westbrook said. “If it weren’t for him ... a lot of this stuff wouldn’t even be happening."

I would be surprised if he is not retained.  The biggest unknown would seem to be whether he wants to stay here at a price management is willing to pay.  Does he think the support of our superstars makes him more valuable than management believes he is?  We take for granted that he wants to be here.  Do we know that?

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Is there any question that Brooks is getting extended?

Yes. Ted, while insanely loyal to GMs, is not loyal to coaches. Plus, every GM wants to hire a coach. 

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If they get into the playoffs, along with Russ's co-sign, I just can't see them moving on right now.

If they beat Boston then get crushed by the Nets, he gone. Hopefully. 

Guys like Russ understand it's a business and coaches come and go. 

If the Wiz give Brooks a 2 year extension, what does that say to FAs? Would they really want to commit to Brooks for longer than that? I do think Shep is a really weak GM so it's possible the players have the final say, but they need to get rid of at least Brooks. 

Edited by Hersh

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

If they beat Boston then get crushed by the Nets, he gone. Hopefully. 

Guys like Russ understand it's a business and coaches come and go. 

If the Wiz give Brooks a 2 year extension, what does that say to FAs? Would they really want to commit to Brooks for longer than that? I do think Shep is a really weak GM so it's possible the players have the final say, but they need to get rid of at least Brooks. 

I'm not arguing that they should  keep Brooks, just that I think they will.  If they get absolutely embarrassed by the Nets to the extent it washes away all the goodwill from the past couple months - maybe I'd feel differently.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm not arguing that they should  keep Brooks, just that I think they will.  If they get absolutely embarrassed by the Nets to the extent it washes away all the goodwill from the past couple months - maybe I'd feel differently.

I'm saying from Ted's perspective. The dude let a coach leave who had just won the Stanley Cup and he realized that two years of the Ovechkin era were wasted with Reirdon. My point is that Ted how shown plenty of willingness to changes coaches. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Brooks is in the last season of a five-year, $35 million contract and there has been speculation about whether or not he’ll be back.

Asked last week about Brooks’ future, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis essentially deflected the question, saying, “We’ll see what happens.”

Westbrook, who also played for Brooks with the Oklahoma City Thunder at the start of his career, made clear that he is a fan.

“Players get a lot of credit, because we’re on the floor. But behind the scenes, Scotty is one helluva coach,” Westbrook said. “If it weren’t for him ... a lot of this stuff wouldn’t even be happening."

That dude got 5 years 35 million & Mark Jackson never coached again!

5 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

What stuff wouldn't even be happening? Like the Wiz wouldn't have nonsensical rotations and end of game lineups?