Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I would gladly trade blatche and some change for cousins. He may be a headcase' date=' but he plays hard. Something we cant say about most our team.[/quote']

problem is you will have to give up at least JaVale McGee for Cousins....maybe even the lottery pick for 2012...they aren't going to trade him for anyone else on our team. I wouldn't even trade JaVale straight up for Cousins.

So pick a problem Wizards offensive rankings.

30th ppg 84.58

29th fg% .404

26th 3p% .280

27th ft% .705

29th apg 15.92

16th turnovers 15.3

30th pps 1.02

Defense isn't much better

23rd ppg 96.75

17th fg% .449

28th 3p% .378

27th apg 22.83

8th turnovers 16.3

30th rebound diff -5.9

Edited by Destino

So pick a problem Wizards offensive rankings.

30th ppg 84.58

29th fg% .404

26th 3p% .280

27th ft% .705

29th apg 15.92

16th turnovers 15.3

30th pps 1.02

Defense isn't much better

23rd ppg 96.75

17th fg% .449

28th 3p% .378

27th apg 22.83

8th turnovers 16.3

30th rebound diff -5.9

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tsl_finder.cgi?request=1∑=0&type=team_totals&lg_id=NBA&year_min=1947&year_max=2012&franch_id=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=off_rtg&order_by_asc=Y

apparently we are on schedule to post the worst offensive rating in league history.

Samuel Dalembert is abusing #7 in whatever way he so desires.

And McGee. Dalembert is having a dominating game. Lucky for us the rockets havent noticed enough to feed him. Blatche is actually doing pretty well today and has completely outplayed booker. Wall is the story though he's doing great.

As the stats show I think too much attention is given to this teams post defense and too little to our perimeter defense. Teams light us up from the three line and I see so many wide open shots.

Edited by Destino

And McGee. Dalembert is having a dominating game. Lucky for us the rockets havent noticed enough to feed him. Blatche is actually doing pretty well today and has completely outplayed booker. Wall is the story though he's doing great.

As the stats show I think too much attention is given to this teams post defense and too little to our perimeter defense. Teams light us up from the three line and I see so many wide open shots.

Exactly.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Missed, what is probably his best career game ever. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Keep building up that trade value for #7 and trade him for the first offer.

---------- Post added January-16th-2012 at 04:44 PM ----------

I see that Wall shot 16 free throws. It's about time referees start giving him some calls.

---------- Post added January-16th-2012 at 04:49 PM ----------

Booker shot terribly from mid range again.

We really need to get a PF with range on this team. Neither Blatche nor Booker are helping with floor spacing.

Blatche has looked good coming off the bench. Problem is I don't see Booker as ready to start in thie NBA yet, which is expected for a second year big that projects to be a high energy defensive type player. Thats a catch 22. The offense is clearly better with Blatche in the rotation than without him.

This team needs more another offensive threat badly. Wall might become one next season but that's really it, because no one else on this team has the projects to being a 20 ppg player. Vesely is all put backs and will take years before he even develops an offensive game. Blatche is a known quantity a teens level scorer that is best off the bench. Young is half the player he thinks he is and frankly I think his ceiling is around 17ppg because he's dreadfully inconsistent. Hes another guy I think would be better off the bench.

I think you keep Blatche if he's willing to come off the bench until you need his cap number. Young needs to be replaced because he wants too much money and on he kills you as often as he doesn't, as shown tonight when he just goes cold but keeps shooting forcing his team not to pass him the ball or bench him. If a miracle happens and he accepts a bench role then you try to keep him and get rid of Blatche immediately but I think the opposite is likely. The team needs to find starters at the 4, 2, and 3.

I hate the idea of the draft unlike most here. That means, as I have said before, 2015 and that timeline is just too damn long. Ted needs to bring some players in to those positions this offseason and let the draft picks earn their minutes. Drafting to fill starting roles is a losing proposition.

Edited by Destino

I missed the 4q fell sleep a little after Wall and Blatche got a tech and McGee temper tantrum which allowed his man a easy shot after he didn't get back on side. Woke up and saw Wall 38 points!!! Hell Yes if we are going too lose he needs too be balling. I hope this is a huge confidence boost for him I want too see him shoot the ball 20 times he needs too find his shot. Make people respect him he's clearly our best player he has too start playing like it.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

Seeing Wall score 40 points today but in a loss just makes me realize he is gonna bolt for Los Angeles or Boston first chance he gets, I really hope he has some loyalty to this team and stays once his contract is up, because we really need to build our franchise around him, he is a complete game changer and he is looking even better each day. Also, I don't know why this team is so consistently bad, Nick Young is a good scorer, McGee plays well enough and he is a great defender, Singleton and Vesely look pretty nice, but why are we so bad? The talent on this team should be enough to lift us to .500 at most instead of like 10 wins max. We definitely need more stars on this team, and it looks like we are heading that way through the draft. Why can't we have one Washington team that's consistently good or at least has a winning record?

Seeing Wall score 40 points today but in a loss just makes me realize he is gonna bolt for Los Angeles or Boston first chance he gets, I really hope he has some loyalty to this team and stays once his contract is up, because we really need to build our franchise around him, he is a complete game changer and he is looking even better each day. Also, I don't know why this team is so consistently bad, Nick Young is a good scorer, McGee plays well enough and he is a great defender, Singleton and Vesely look pretty nice, but why are we so bad? The talent on this team should be enough to lift us to .500 at most instead of like 10 wins max. We definitely need more stars on this team, and it looks like we are heading that way through the draft. Why can't we have one Washington team that's consistently good or at least has a winning record?

Washington Capitals and soon to be this season the Washington Nationals and as bad as the Wiz are this year I think they will be competitive before the Redskins are.

Seriously ship out blatche, mcgee and young they are LOSERS, they have been in the league for 4 yrs and they still dont get it. SMH....they are losing and mcdumb decides to throws himself a alley oop off the backboard for the dunk....hello loser you have 1 win, let me say this again, you have won 1 game. I can care less how talented he is he is the dumbest bball I think I have ever seen....anybody who thinks we should resign him because of his upside and some good games remember this......

and

and

fyi.....they were losing in these games