Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This whole season is crap. Covid just makes it worse. Sad pathetic team. I'm just waiting and praying Beal gets traded. Would be nice if Bertans goes too. If the young guys (TBJ, Hachi, Avdija) could get better that would be really nice - I can't recall the last time this team developed a draft pick other than Wall & Beal. 

Random thought, I wish we had kept Javale McGee. That guy has had a solid NBA career. Great role player. Not sure whose brilliant idea it was to let him go.

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

This whole season is crap. Covid just makes it worse. Sad pathetic team. I'm just waiting and praying Beal gets traded. Would be nice if Bertans goes too. If the young guys (TBJ, Hachi, Avdija) could get better that would be really nice - I can't recall the last time this team developed a draft pick other than Wall & Beal. 

Random thought, I wish we had kept Javale McGee. That guy has had a solid NBA career. Great role player. Not sure whose brilliant idea it was to let him go.

It was the consensus thing to let him go. He was the joke of the league. I will say that he is an example of a guy we developed, but he was never living up to his potential. Remember all his gaffs? All the stuff like the triple double he got (great right) but its called the most pathetic ever because of what he did to get it. Other guys who got better here were Oubre, Porter, and Sans. 

I really don't like Scott Brooks as a coach. I long for the days of Randy Wittman. At least then we played defense. 

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

It was the consensus thing to let him go. He was the joke of the league. I will say that he is an example of a guy we developed, but he was never living up to his potential. Remember all his gaffs? All the stuff like the triple double he got (great right) but its called the most pathetic ever because of what he did to get it. Other guys who got better here were Oubre, Porter, and Sans. 

I really don't like Scott Brooks as a coach. I long for the days of Randy Wittman. At least then we played defense. 

Didn’t we get Nene for McGee? That was a fantastic trade by Ernie

• Like 2

5 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I feel the same way about this season. This is the least I’ve cared in my life. Get a haul for Beal this year and play these young guys. I don’t mind keeping Westbrook around as he enforces accountability with young players and himself. 

2 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Uncle Ted is a well known cheapskate.  Plus he doesn’t seem to give a **** about his NBA team.  No way he fires Brooks because then he’d have to hire another coach and pay two dudes at the same time.

Truly sad.

Anybody who hangs on to Ernie Grunfeld as long as he did certainly doesn’t give a ****

👨🏻‍🦯👨🏼‍🦯

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This bull**** ass team sucks.

They’re impressively bad.  Memorably bad.  We’ll talk about this season years from now, because it will stand out in the jumble of memories.  They’re that damn bad.  

And far too talented to be so damn bad.  When healthy.

Normally this would be when a coach gets fired, but this season is madness.  

I have watched Westbrook play in the past and thought, "he's kind of overrated."  Horrible shooter - and he takes tons of shots.  Plays out of control.  Seems to always be injured too.  I honestly think he's one of the most overrated players of our generation.  Can't discount his effort and triple doubles, but man...