Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I agree that this is a good trade. OTOH, since this team is cursed, Westbrook is getting injured all season and Wall plays 75 games. 

My only problem with this is that the Wiz GM now has zero credibility. If you are Beal, why would you ever trust him?

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

Man, I bought into all that noise about Wall being here this season after rumors that he was upset.  Now this.  I’m not mad I was lied to, I’m mad I believed it.  

I get this, I dont like it, but its done now.  It hurts he's gone, stuff like this can desensitize you as a sports fan.

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Well I guess I'm out.

My dad gave a speech involving Art Monk in an Eagles jersey.  They dc team that want to well now, I got a Wall jersey. All this time to see him come back, said he wanted to be here. Doesn't matter.  I dont blame players having no loyalty to cities, dynasty it up I guess.

I am not suggesting this is a great pairing and it can likely fail, but it is an unknown, so anything can happen. Wall/Beal we already know that song. It wasn’t working. So this trade is fine.

Wall was too cool, too chill, too mellow. Westbrook brings fire. Some attitude. Beal really grew these last two years. Beal is not the ball dominating player Harden is. So while Harden and Westbrook didn’t pan out, doesn’t mean Westbrook and Beal can’t, especially in the East. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

Can't say this team won't be fun to watch

We gonna win some games 137-135 and I’m going to love it.  

Time for the bright side, we got a hardworking mad dog in the locker room with mvp hardware that says all you young guys better listen to me and do as I do.  In terms of changing the culture this could be a good thing.  

It will be strange seeing Wall in Houston but I’m a hometown fan.  I ain’t going anywhere.  I’m ready for the most talented offensive team the wizards have put on the floor since Arenas Twan and Butler.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

We gonna win some games 137-135 and I’m going to love it.  

Time for the bright side, we got a hardworking mad dog in the locker room with mvp hardware that says all you young guys better listen to me and do as I do.  In terms of changing the culture this could be a good thing.  

It will be strange seeing Wall in Houston but I’m a hometown fan.  I ain’t going anywhere.  I’m ready for the most talented offensive team the wizards have put on the floor since Arenas Twan and Butler.  

Honestly this team is better than those Arenas teams.

Star power and way deeper.