Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I wouldn't do that either.  Westbrook isn't worth Wall AND Bryant.  Bryant's only 23, cut him some slack.  

Maybe if all this meant getting all that cap space back it would be worthwhile, but it doesn't.

It's not a knock on Bryant, it's wanting to move on from Wall. 

19 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

This organization is still totally inept. 

Of course nobody believes Sheppard or the Org on this. But what else could they say if something isn't happening? "We tried but they wanted too much from us?".

Maybe Wall got smart and realized his best chance at being moved is to come into camp and work hard. Then play and work hard on the things other teams want to see before trading for him. Defense, Distribution, Burst, Decision Making, Etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I feel like no one realizes how Bryant, Mo, and Ian made running a pnr impossible. Lopez can and will effectively set screens. He may be goofy off the court, but dude plays with anger on the court. I’m most excited about his signing out of everyone. 

But how much run is he gonna get? If Bryant doesn't fit in this offense as well and isn't good at defense, why keep him?

I just don't buy anything Sheppard is selling now. If he wasn't shopping Wall, he would've said so last week when the rumors started. Also, backups playing minimal minutes won't make this team a lot better defensively. It has to start with your top 5 guys in minutes being better defensively.  

I don't watch Wizards games like you guys do since I live in California, but every time I check the box score Bryant was lighting it up.  That may not show his defensive deficiencies, but at least he contributes offensively.  

I see Greg Monroe plays in Europe.  I wouldn't mind seeing him come back to DC.  Maybe he isn't as good as I remembered...

Wall has wanted Cousins in DC for years now.

Watch him be apart of the trade that sends Wall to Houston, and Boogie finally ends up in DC sans Wall. That'd be the ultimate conclusion to this mess. Maybe hey could wave out the window to each other as their planes pass by..

• Haha 2

They're obviously banking too much on PG being the problem with the defense last season.  But there is a world where the Wizards play average defense if Bonga gets run, Troy gets better, Rui gets better, Wall comes back and plays D, Deni plays this year and holds his own like Tomas did, and we convert some assets into a weak side helper.

Robin Lopez is a goon and a good locker room guy.  Bryant is an energy big with soft touch and three point range.  He's a rim runner who should be an asset in PnR.  His offense has never really been a problem, and I'm not worried about his screening as much as his rebounding and help D.  If he grows as a weak side helper, then he changes his ceiling.  Ditto if he improves his rebounding.  I'm skeptical he can do it but it's his ticket to playing in two big line ups and his ticket to becoming a valuable center and fringe All Star.  His offensive game is exceptional at the position.

I think the Westbrook/Wall trade is 50/50 to happen during the season.  I think Houston will pull the trigger on a swap if Wall looks healthy and good in the first month of the season.  The incentives would be right for them to make a deal.

The thought of Wall playing for that team makes me angry.  He needs to finish his career as a Wizard.

24 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think the Westbrook/Wall trade is 50/50 to happen during the season.  I think Houston will pull the trigger on a swap if Wall looks healthy and good in the first month of the season.  The incentives would be right for them to make a deal.

The thought of Wall playing for that team makes me angry.  He needs to finish his career as a Wizard.

I'm hoping Wall is back to his old form (or close to it), trust is rebuilt, we win games and all is well in Wizards land.

But if Wall is traded I'm out.

Done.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I'm hoping Wall is back to his old form (or close to it), trust is rebuilt, we win games and all is well in Wizards land.

But if Wall is traded I'm out.

Done.

I don't know what I'll do if it happens.  I want to stay a fan of the team, but it'd be hard.  It would kind of make me give on the NBA to be truthful.  I love football enough to sustain an interest in the NFL even with zero belief or interest in the WFT.  But it's hard for me to keep following the NBA when I don't care about the Wizards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Once again, a mediocre shooting PG who is 30 and relies on speed and coming off two major injuries, with a top 3 worst contract in the league.... And people are upset/baffled the GM was seeing what was out here as far as a market. GM would be stupid not to.

Our D probably improves slightly, because it cannot get worse. Either way the team will be fun to watch. Its fun knowing that even if we play the Lakers, they better hope they are shooting decently or they could take an L 130-118

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skins199021 said:

Once again, a mediocre shooting PG who is 30 and relies on speed and coming off two major injuries, with a top 3 worst contract in the league.... And people are upset/baffled the GM was seeing what was out here as far as a market. GM would be stupid not to.

Our D probably improves slightly, because it cannot get worse. Either way the team will be fun to watch. Its fun knowing that even if we play the Lakers, they better hope they are shooting decently or they could take an L 130-118

I truly don't get it.  It's bizarre.  I would be over the moon if I was a Wiz fan, if I thought there was a chance to get out of Wall's horrific contract.  There's more of a chance that he's never going to be what he once was, then there is that he will go back to being a top 5 PG.  Those days are over.  Once he loses his athleticism and speed, he will really be an albatross on offense.

• Like 1