Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Wizards Thread: The BEAL & BRODIE ERA


Recommended Posts

I enjoyed cheering for wall but the reality is overall his stay here was disappointing

 

not all his fault. But nonetheless, it factors into me not really being attached to i by him. 
 

more interested in what’s next 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

There's a legitimate possibility that Bradley's out of here too.

 

Hope you guys are prepared for that.

 

This is painful.  I'm not going to panic yet, but Wall and Beal were the team for me.

 

Stealth shopping John and trusting to the good faith of a sleazy team like Houston was such a foolish mistake.  Then getting cold feet and leaving everyone in limbo doubled down on it.

 

I've got to say, I don't love the implication that Beal is the one pulling the strings on this behind the scenes either.  If he is, then that would make it real hard for me to trust him.

 

Also, for the guy who said it, Beal is definitely not better than Wall was.  We've had two years of Beal being the guy for the team and ended up with two lottery picks.  For all the scoring Beal does, he doesn't lead us to wins.  Wall at least got us to mid seeds.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tshile said:

I enjoyed cheering for wall but the reality is overall his stay here was disappointing

 

not all his fault. But nonetheless, it factors into me not really being attached to i by him. 
 

more interested in what’s next 

 

The only disappointment from Wall was that he got seriously hurt and his run here ended as a result.  I'm not old enough to have seen the Unseld years.  Wall was a god send for us and the most fun I've ever had being a fan of the team was because of him.  He took us as far as we could go.  If we trade Wall we lose our identity, and it'll be back to the early lottery for years again in all likelihood.  Especially if Beal is on his way out too.  This organization is on extremely shaky ground right now.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Destino said:

Centers are only cheap if they’re absolute garbage or on rookie contracts.  We badly needed a physical presence inside.  
 

If we can get rid of Walls contract without taking on an equally bad one, the 7 million won’t sting much. 

 

I mentioned him a couple of days ago, didn't know we were interested in him, but I did want us to get him.  But 7 million feels like an overpay.  He was probably a min or near min contract for an actual good team.  The bargain bin center market was really really deep this off-season.

 

Tommy has had a questionable off-season.  Bertans is fools gold to me, and I'm questioning Avdija over Haliburton if we are trying to dump Wall.  We've built a team of assets that essentially can only ever be a powerful offense and terrible defense, so our ceiling is probably mid to upper 40s wins maybe.  The whole team is in limbo right now, and it doesn't feel like we've got a great plan.  I don't have a good idea for how we get better without starting over, but I also don't have a yon of faith in the organization's ability to win trades in asset dumps and add a ton of value either.  And I don't have a ton of faith in their ability to avoid a long lottery tailspin if they do decide to rebuild, as the only reason we eventually pulled out of it before was that we lucked into Wall.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

 

This is painful.  I'm not going to panic yet, but Wall and Beal were the team for me.

 

Stealth shopping John and trusting to the good faith of a sleazy team like Houston was such a foolish mistake.  Then getting cold feet and leaving everyone in limbo doubled down on it.

 

I've got to say, I don't love the implication that Beal is the one pulling the strings on this behind the scenes either.  If he is, then that would make it real hard for me to trust him.

 

Also, for the guy who said it, Beal is definitely not better than Wall was.  We've had two years of Beal being the guy for the team and ended up with two lottery picks.  For all the scoring Beal does, he doesn't lead us to wins.  Wall at least got us to mid seeds.

And this is the part people seem to ignore...

Link to post
Share on other sites

@stevemcqueen1

 

I view pre injury Wall and current Beal as similar caliber players, both are capable of being a solid number two in a championship contender if the other pieces are a really good fit.  Tbf, John never made the playoffs without Brad and vice versa.

 

Where is everyone on the direction they would like to see this team go long term?  I think everyone would agree that core of John and Beal tops out at mid seed, second round elimination unless a marquee superstar forces his way to DC in a sign and trade (not happening) or they steal a generational talent in mid to late round like Kwahi or Giannis.  So realistically, this team will not be a contender during the Wall/Beal era.  Would people still like to see it through or tear it down and roll the dice with a rebuild?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, bearrock said:

@stevemcqueen1

 

I view pre injury Wall and current Beal as similar caliber players, both are capable of being a solid number two in a championship contender if the other pieces are a really good fit.  Tbf, John never made the playoffs without Brad and vice versa.

 

Where is everyone on the direction they would like to see this team go long term?  I think everyone would agree that core of John and Beal tops out at mid seed, second round elimination unless a marquee superstar forces his way to DC in a sign and trade (not happening) or they steal a generational talent in mid to late round like Kwahi or Giannis.  So realistically, this team will not be a contender during the Wall/Beal era.  Would people still like to see it through or tear it down and roll the dice with a rebuild?

 

You know what you get with Wall and Beal together.  We've also seen this franchise more lost in the wilderness then this that lead to a basketball towns basketball team being irrelevant.

 

I'd rather the 2nd round outs and hope we trade for a third star then give up and see what happens.  I dont trust shep yet.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

 

This is painful.  I'm not going to panic yet, but Wall and Beal were the team for me.

 

Stealth shopping John and trusting to the good faith of a sleazy team like Houston was such a foolish mistake.  Then getting cold feet and leaving everyone in limbo doubled down on it.

 

I've got to say, I don't love the implication that Beal is the one pulling the strings on this behind the scenes either.  If he is, then that would make it real hard for me to trust him.

 

Also, for the guy who said it, Beal is definitely not better than Wall was.  We've had two years of Beal being the guy for the team and ended up with two lottery picks.  For all the scoring Beal does, he doesn't lead us to wins.  Wall at least got us to mid seeds.

How are you going to compare Wall's seasons with Beal and others to Beal's seasons without Wall and in general worse supporting cast, and then use wins to compare the two? Literally comparing Apples to like Celery, not even oranges. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

There's a legitimate possibility that Bradley's out of here too.

 

Hope you guys are prepared for that.

 

Yeah.  I am okay with a rebuild.   I feel that a Wall and Beal combo is good for a 6th, 7th, or 8th seed, but the ceiling is pretty limited and the window is only a couple years.  I am okay with starting a rebuild now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the way I see it.

 

Best Case Scenario: We Trade wall and his contract for a future 2nd round pick with no contract coming back, if there is a sucker out there.

 

Next Best: Keep Wall tell him to simmer down and don't cause distractions and he stays in DC.... OR Wall and a 2nd round pick are traded for Russell Westrbook

 

Worst Case: Tommy panics and trades multiple future 1st round picks with Wall for Westbrook (Here we have an equally bad contract, and giving up significant future assets)

Link to post
Share on other sites

My dad is all in to get the Westbrook for Wall deal done.  Claiming this comes down to Wall getting caught doing gang signs again.  This franchise is too irrelevant to by that nitpicky on character issues, THAT'S why you nuke your relationship with Wall?  Am I supposed to care about that?

Edited by Renegade7
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry but who the **** does Wall think he is anyway?  He’s hasn’t played in 2 years, he can’t shoot, and he’s now on the wrong side of 30.  On top of that he has quite possibly the worst contract in the NBA (only Westbrook’s contract is worse).  He has NO right to demand a trade, especially now, when the Wiz are paying him over $40 Million per year the next 3 years.  


If I’m the Wizards, I’m laughing in his face with that demand, and telling him to shut the **** up, or rescind your salary.  If I’m a Wiz fan, you should pray that a dumb org like the Pistons or Hornets shows interest in trading for Wall’s horrific contract.  Anything to remove yourselves from under that albatross of a deal.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, samy316 said:

I’m sorry but who the **** does Wall think he is anyway?  He’s hasn’t played in 2 years, he can’t shoot, and he’s now on the wrong side of 30.  On top of that he has quite possibly the worst contract in the NBA (only Westbrook’s contract is worse).  He has NO right to demand a trade, especially now, when the Wiz are paying him over $40 Million per year the next 3 years.  


If I’m the Wizards, I’m laughing in his face with that demand, and telling him to shut the **** up, or rescind your salary.  If I’m a Wiz fan, you should pray that a dumb org like the Pistons or Hornets shows interest in trading for Wall’s horrific contract.  Anything to remove yourselves from under that albatross of a deal.

 

I wonder if Charlotte would trade Rozier and Zeller for Wall

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This organization is on extremely shaky ground right now.

This seems extreme. 
 

I thoroughly enjoyed wall too. And I’ve got nothing against him. But he’s had injury problems and somethings the right move is to move one. 
 

the nba is a business and good gms make moves based on value not identity and faces of franchises. It isn’t a question of whether it messes with loyalty or identity. It’s a question of whether the team winds up better because of it. 
 

id prefer wall stay and they win and go as far as they  can.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, justice98 said:

I'm unmoved by this Wall business.  I want out of that contract and until proven otherwise, I remain skeptical he'll return to form.  And I've never been particularly attached to him as a Wizard where I care if he stays or goes.

 

+1. I'm not going to pretend the Celtics shot wasn't awesome but the peak of the era was a 2nd round game 7 exit. I don't think Wall shortchanged anyone, he gave it 100% every night and quite frankly was used to sell tickets playing absurd minutes when we should have been reserving him for when we had a chance. He should want to GTFO of this dumpster fire and SHAME on Ernie for trying to keep his job needlessly letting Scott Brooks play him 40+ a night. SHAME.

 

But if and when he leaves I will not be devastated, this isn't like hypothetically if Ovechkin decided he wanted out in 2017 before bringing a parade to D.C.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, samy316 said:

I’m sorry but who the **** does Wall think he is anyway?  He’s hasn’t played in 2 years, he can’t shoot, and he’s now on the wrong side of 30.  On top of that he has quite possibly the worst contract in the NBA (only Westbrook’s contract is worse).  He has NO right to demand a trade, especially now, when the Wiz are paying him over $40 Million per year the next 3 years.  


If I’m the Wizards, I’m laughing in his face with that demand, and telling him to shut the **** up, or rescind your salary.  If I’m a Wiz fan, you should pray that a dumb org like the Pistons or Hornets shows interest in trading for Wall’s horrific contract.  Anything to remove yourselves from under that albatross of a deal.

 

I dont know about all that.  You always have the "right" to ask for something.  The Wiz dont have to accommodate it, but what's wrong with asking? Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

 

And I've always hated referring to such situations as a "demand".  Until proven otherwise, it's merely a request.  Now, if he called up Sheppard and put his foot down and refused to play unless he was traded or something crazy like that, that would be one thing.  But nothing that dramatic has happened that we know of. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Destino changed the title to The Official Washington Wizards Thread: The BEAL & BRODIE ERA

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...