Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

If Wall wants to agree to a mutual termination, he can walk right now.

Otherwise, he and his agent can go find a single team willing to take his contract without receiving a king's ransom in addition (and no, we're not doing business with Houston.  Not on this deal and not until everyone in that front office is gone).  

If neither of the above will happen, he better muster up a modicum of professionalism and play out his contract.  I'm sure $40 million a year will help soothe his bruised ego.

• Like 1

Robin Lopez!  That’s a great get for Tommy!  

I knew Wall would want out.  He’s got a ton of pride, which we saw when he went on ESPN and **** on Gortat.  No way he was going to deal with it being Beals team AND rumors of the team shopping him.  I loved rooting for him, but it’s time to break up.    

I just hope the Wizards don’t have to give up any first rounders to jettison his contract.  

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

If Wall wants to agree to a mutual termination, he can walk right now.

Otherwise, he and his agent can go find a single team willing to take his contract without receiving a king's ransom in addition (and no, we're not doing business with Houston.  Not on this deal and not until everyone in that front office is gone).  

If neither of the above will happen, he better muster up a modicum of professionalism and play out his contract.  I'm sure $40 million a year will help soothe his bruised ego.

Never say never to dealing with any team in the league. Bad way to do business. 

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Robin Lopez!  That’s a great get for Tommy!  

I knew Wall would want out.  He’s got a ton of pride, which we saw when he went on ESPN and **** on Gortat.  No way he was going to deal with it being Beals team AND rumors of the team shopping him.  I loved rooting for him, but it’s time to break up.    

I just hope the Wizards don’t have to give up any first rounders to jettison his contract.  

$7 million for Robin Lopez to be a backup center is great?

Edited by Hersh

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

$7 million for Robin Lopez to be a backup center is great?

Centers are only cheap if they’re absolute garbage or on rookie contracts.  We badly needed a physical presence inside.  

If we can get rid of Walls contract without taking on an equally bad one, the 7 million won’t sting much. 

I agree it shouldnt end like this, someone has gotta make this right so Wall doesnt do crazy stuff like refuse to retire a Wizard and hates us KD style.  This is some loser BS.

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

There's a legitimate possibility that Bradley's out of here too.

Hope you guys are prepared for that.

I am now.

Just now, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

There's a legitimate possibility that Bradley's out of here too.

Hope you guys are prepared for that.

All depends on what else Tommy can get.  Walls always had to go, and I’ve been saying it for a year, there’s no getting better with Wall here.  If they can sign another star this season, or make room to make a run at one next season Beal might stay.  If Tommy can’t, then it’s time to rebuild.  

• Like 1

Nah. In 30 years of being a diehard of this franchise, they’ve had 2 stars. Gil’s career ended with the knee injury. John has been the best on this team since, and it’s not close. Marcin owes $70 mil to John, and the everybody eats crap was dumb. I’m not the type to follow a player. I thoroughly dislike Ted and Chris Miller. They removed Phil and Buck for Drew Gooden. Declined to sign a single 5 man in like 6 straight years. Kept Scott brooks. Honestly the list is endless. If John is traded, I’ll just be done. 

Edited by Skin'emAlive

Good I want Wall and his contract gone.

I was tired of his dribbling around for 20 seconds of the shot clock. Beal is by far better than him.

I am not attached to a mediocre shooting PG coming back from a super serious injury. Even just getting out of his contract would be a huge win.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

Centers are only cheap if they’re absolute garbage or on rookie contracts.  We badly needed a physical presence inside.  

If we can get rid of Walls contract without taking on an equally bad one, the 7 million won’t sting much. 

I don't see how the Wizards can trade Wall without taking back an equally bad one just given the lack of cap space by teams. 

7 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Nah. In 30 years of being a diehard of this franchise, they’ve had 2 stars. Gil’s career ended with the knee injury. John has been the best on this team since, and it’s not close. Marcin owes $70 mil to John, and the everybody eats crap was dumb. I’m not the type to follow a player. I thoroughly dislike Ted and Chris Miller. They removed Phil and Buck for Drew Gooden. Declined to sign a single 5 man in like 6 straight years. Kept Scott brooks. Honestly the list is endless. If John is traded, I’ll just be done. 

Same here bro.

Here’s the thing. I’ve never been delusional enough to believe this franchise has ever had a shot at a championship. Like Portland fans, we know the ceiling. But just like them, there is value in rooting for your own. Rooting for the underdog. Cheering on the Stevenson’s as they have no shot against the lebrons of the league. You ship John out, you lose the soul of the team. Shep needs to fix this 

• Thanks 1