Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I'm with Tommy. Not in favor of trading Davis. I know many think we'd get good stuff for him but I'm not buying into that. When you have a solid good thing, don't trade it for "potential." Don't trade it for draft picks. Don't trade it at all. We keep Beal, Wall, Rui, and Bertans. Everyone else is negotiable. Anything else we need, we draft. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

I'm with Tommy. Not in favor of trading Davis. I know many think we'd get good stuff for him but I'm not buying into that. When you have a solid good thing, don't trade it for "potential." Don't trade it for draft picks. Don't trade it at all. We keep Beal, Wall, Rui, and Bertans. Everyone else is negotiable. Anything else we need, we draft. 

if we keep those guys you listed, thats the team moving forward. We lost Mahinmi's contract, but Bertans will likely eclipse his AAV. Wall & Beal getting mega raises. Any and all improvement has to be done with fringe signings and draft picks. 

Not saying it can't work, just not so sure I would bet on it working either. Its a tough position to be in really, all because Bertans has surpassed even the most optimistic of projections. I still think a trade is the better long term play, but I'm also not going to flip him just to do it.

They really really need to have a good read on where Bertans is about re-signing. The only way we lose in this case is if he ultimately walks for nothing.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Tommy can't think Bertans wants to be here. He has to know and sign him to an extension. You don't risk losing an asset for nothing. 

This might sound weird but I think one of the things Tommy has to do is believe that Bertans would love to play here. One of Ernies failings, of many, was that he acted like no one would ever want to play here.  He never believed the Wizards were a place anyone should want to sign.  If you believe your organization is ****, people will believe you.  

Obviously it’s not just about buying into the idea, Tommy also has to make this a franchise players want to play for and succeed at signing the right players.  What I’m saying that the GM needs to be the first guy to buy in.  Culture starts at the top.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

anybody else feeling like Troy Brown is in the middle of getting Satoransky'd by Brooks?

they insist on running him as a 3 when that clearly isn't his game. he needs the ball in his hands to be remotely effective. 

Maybe...but right now we really have no other alternatives.

Without CJ Miles who else do we have?