Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 7/15/2018 at 10:55 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

I can't throw a baseball either.  My throws to first ended up in the dugout a lot.  I can throw a football pretty well, baseball is just really hard.

I have accuracy or strength with a baseball.  Never both.

14 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Easy to forget how big NBA players are until you see pictures like that.

I’d like to see Trent Williams and Dwight Howard join them for a photo.  Just to see small and enormous examples from the two sports all in one image.  

^^^^Glad to see that. Hope it lasts. 

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I’d like to see Trent Williams and Dwight Howard join them for a photo.  Just to see small and enormous examples from the two sports all in one image.  

The human body and all of its shapes are pretty amazing. Well maybe not all but the variety is kind of crazy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Washington is out of talks unless you are trading Wall  OR Beal... and then some. 

Crazy part is that is for a one year loan. 

That is why LAL, BOS, and PHI said... screw that. 

Naw, can't do that.

My package would be centered around Otto etc, and thats probably what WAS proposed.

• Like 1

Even if it is for a rental, this is a gamble that the Wizards HAVE to make.  Landing Kawhi, without giving up either Wall/Beal, IMO, catapults them as the forerunners to get out of the East.  This would be a formidable big 3 who would ultimately take the Warriors to 5 games and lose.  I'd be OK with that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Even if it is for a rental, this is a gamble that the Wizards HAVE to make.  Landing Kawhi, without giving up either Wall/Beal, IMO, catapults them as the forerunners to get out of the East.  This would be a formidable big 3 who would ultimately take the Warriors to 5 games and lose.  I'd be OK with that. 

And assuming Otto is the trade piece, you get about 27m in cap space if Kawhi walks.

8 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

And assuming Otto is the trade piece, you get about 27m in cap space if Kawhi walks.

BINGO.  It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he walked.  However, with Ernie overseeing that money....ugh.

Porter/Oubre/Sato/picks....

whatever it takes. 

6 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

BINGO.  It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he walked.  However, with Ernie overseeing that money....ugh.

Porter/Oubre/Sato/picks....

whatever it takes. 

SA aint gonna want that contract for Otto tho 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

17 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I agree with both of you. Otto... makes sense for the Wizards...but ... I think if Wall/Beal are on the table the Wizards fold for another day. 

Lakers landed LeBron, Philly and Boston feel pretty good about their situations by losing LeBron as a foe. 

I am curious to what Toronto is thinking of giving up for a rental. Depending on what it is, it could destroy what they have now. 

This is a rare situation that I believe that the Wizards with Howard... look a lot more likely to break through. Philly still is growing, Boston is the most dangerous. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

Just now, Llevron said:

SA aint gonna want that contract for Otto tho 

I think a lot of teams are hesitant because they know that Kawhi will be a rental.  Why give up controllable assets to SA for a guy who may walk at the end of the year?  Wizards can't be picky.  If there is a way for Ernie to get creative about making a trade without giving up either Wall or Beal, he needs to do it.  The thing about Kawhi, is unless you're in his inner-circle, you have no clue what his intentions are.  He's tight-lipped, as is his team. 

3 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I agree with both of you. Otto... makes sense for the Wizards...but ... I think if Wall/Beal are on the table the Wizards fold for another day. 

Lakers landed LeBron, Philly and Boston feel pretty good about their situations by losing LeBron as a foe. 

I am curious to what Toronto is thinking of giving up for a rental. Depending on what it is, it could destroy what they have now. 

This is a rare situation that I believe that the Wizards with Howard... look a lot more likely to break through. Philly still is growing, Boston is the most dangerous. 

Even with the addition of Howard/Rivers, I still think the Wizards are, at best 4th in the East.  They're not better than Boston, Philly, or Toronto.  Adding Kawhi changes EVERYTHING. 

*0% chance this happens, but it's still fun to speculate. 

• Like 1

Just now, RonArtest15 said:

I think a lot of teams are hesitant because they know that Kawhi will be a rental.  Why give up controllable assets to SA for a guy who may walk at the end of the year?  Wizards can't be picky.  If there is a way for Ernie to get creative about making a trade without giving up either Wall or Beal, he needs to do it.  The thing about Kawhi, is unless you're in his inner-circle, you have no clue what his intentions are.  He's tight-lipped, as is his team. 

I agree. 

I agree, and would ask the same question. 

Yes, they can. One player can break a franchise. Or make a franchise. 

Wall is the player you guys adore... I feel like that is what SA is asking for straight up. 

Trusting Ernie ? Just answered my own question. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Even with the addition of Howard/Rivers, I still think the Wizards are, at best 4th in the East.  They're not better than Boston, Philly, or Toronto.  Adding Kawhi changes EVERYTHING. 

*0% chance this happens, but it's still fun to speculate. 

Fair enough. 

Kawhi would indeed change the dynamic of the east. Rivers is cerebral but not as athletic as say Rondo. Just another guy overall. 

Seems that the Spurs think they hold all the cards. They are in the situation that several teams were in over the years...no leverage. 

Lakers had leverage over Kobe once... they chose to trade away the future twice... It worked...once. 

Rivers/Rondo are two completely different players.  Rondo reinvented himself last year in NO, but Rivers, on this Wizards team, is a HUGE plus to the bench.  He's a combo guard capable of playing with either Wall or Beal when one is on the bench getting a breather.  Rondo is strictly a 1.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Might be one of the smartest guys in the league.  BBall IQ is off the charts, and from what I know of him that I've read, he's brilliant academically as well. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Rivers/Rondo are two completely different players.  Rondo reinvented himself last year in NO, but Rivers, on this Wizards team, is a HUGE plus to the bench.  He's a combo guard capable of playing with either Wall or Beal when one is on the bench getting a breather.  Rondo is strictly a 1.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Might be one of the smartest guys in the league.  BBall IQ is off the charts, and from what I know of him that I've read, he's brilliant academically as well. 

I agree. Different. 

Rondo is put in place to push or replace. Rivers is there to restore and revitalize the 1 and 2. 

Rondo can play the 3 with LeBron basically being a better Pippen...Point Forward 2.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Walls extension kicks in next summer.  I can do the math when I get home, but I bet dropping Otto won't get you cap space unless you release the cap holds of Sato and Oubre and trade Mahinmi for an expiring contract.