Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm not worried about the surgery, I'm worried about the rehab and our subpar training staff. Every player that gets injured here STAYS injured here. I can't remember the last time a player didn't have surgery on something and the injury didn't become reoccurring. By far the worst part of the Wizards organization is the bush league employees with fake medical resumes.

I'm not worried about the surgery, I'm worried about the rehab and our subpar training staff. Every player that gets injured here STAYS injured here. I can't remember the last time a player didn't have surgery on something and the injury didn't become reoccurring. By far the worst part of the Wizards organization is the bush league employees with fake medical resumes.

One of the things about getting a new coach is they bring in new people. Any word on if Brooks is bringing better assistants, training staff, etc?

Also, we could have had Frank Vogel if we had just waited...

He doesn't have a connection to Durant.  We all know Scotty wasn't brought in here purely because the wizards brass was enamored with his coaching ability. 

Vogel is not better than Brooks at developing talent. Nor is he a better defensive coach.

So plan B... Do we try and sign Whiteside or wait til the Kings mid season collapse and the subsequent Ernie trade the farm deal for Cousins? I think I would rather have a core of Wall, Beal, Porter, Morris, and Whiteside than some roster changer in the middle of the season. I almost like Whiteside here more than Durant and the subsequent roster turnover. ( Otto/Oubre/Gortat)

Edited by Skin'emAlive
  • Like 1

Also, we could have had Frank Vogel if we had just waited...

Brooks was always going to be the guy. I don't know why people even try to argue that we haven't completely embarrassed ourselves in this pursuit of Durant? Hiring coaches, drafting players etc. All to appease a guy that's not going to come here.

Vogel is not better than Brooks at developing talent. Nor is he a better defensive coach.

So plan B... Do we try and sign Whiteside or wait til the Kings mid season collapse and the subsequent Ernie trade the farm deal for Cousins? I think I would rather have a core of Wall, Beal, Porter, Morris, and Whiteside than some roster changer in the middle of the season. I almost like Whiteside here more than Durant and the subsequent roster turnover. ( Otto/Oubre/Gortat)

I'm not crazy about trading the farm for Boogie. I don't trust him.

I don't totally trust Whiteside either, but he has less of a history than Cousins does. And if he can be signed as a FA, then that's a huge point in his favor. We wouldn't gain nearly as much offensively, but we would gain a lot more defensively.

I honestly hadn't thought much about Whiteside before now. Didn't seem like he'd leave Miami. But with the core of their roster being so old, it might not be his best option.

I'm not opposed to throwing max money at him. 30 MPG of DPOY caliber play from the center spot, plus great rebounding. You'd have to deal Gortat as a result of the move, which sucks. But Gortat is good and has trade value because his deal is a bargain. The big advantage of Whiteside (aside from the fact he's better than Gortat) is that he's 26. That places him into the same window as Wall, Keef, Porter, and Beal.

Getting whiteside lets us keep our young SF's, meaning we could play a viable small ball lineup with Morris or Otto at the 5 in case whiteside gets hack-a-shaq'd. I would feel bad about dealing marcin, but this is a positive move ( if available).

I could dig in on the "Whiteside/trade Gortat" plan. Otto and Beal could easily take that next step under Brooks.

Also, next dude that tries to jinx John Wall and his offseason procedure is gonna get a ES smackdown...and I will gladly accept the ban, if necessary.

• Like 3

Lukas Kuba ‏@Luke_Mellow  32m32 minutes ago

Eurohoops' Nikos Varlas reports that according to his sources, #Wizards have decided to offer multiyear guaranteed deal to Tomas Satoransky.

Lukas Kuba ‏@Luke_Mellow  30m30 minutes ago

Washington #Wizards ready to buy out Tomas Satoransky: http://www.eurohoops.net/nba-news/237832/the-wizards-ready-to-buy-out-satoransky-barca-eyes-delaney

Lukas Kuba ‏@Luke_Mellow  Jan 21

#Satoransky on #Wizards: "It is true that the team has shown interest in me, but nothing concrete. I suppose we have to wait a bit . .

Lukas Kuba ‏@Luke_Mellow  16m16 minutes ago

.@edlova31 Hopefully it's true :) Even though Saty really likes Barcelona, he'd love to play in NBA, and u just can't say "no" to multiyr GC

• Like 1

I can't remember the exact stat, but if I remember correctly the Heat were actually better defensively with Whiteside OFF the floor.

Post All-Star break I'm pretty sure all the metrics swug in his favor. He was a monster down the stretch.

Won me my fantasy league as well, so I'm biased.

Whiteside's numbers are weird this year, because he was basically the Heat's six-man for the second half of the season. (Which always makes some of the individual numbers he put up insane). So, the team defensive metrics were better without him in part because he was playing with a second unit a lot of the time. (In reality, what has happened with Whiteside, Richardson, and Winslow in Miami just makes me think that Spoelstra deserves to be in the Popovich/Carlisle conversation of best coach in the league).

The competition for him is going to be stiff and he's going to get a max deal, because how many super-athletic bigs can put up a 14/12/4 stat line while coming off the bench. And to his credit, he's becoming something like a 70 percent free-throw shooter which eliminates the whole Hack-a-Shaq plan.

The big negative.....Do you really want to be the team in charge of this dude when he realizes that he's making $125 million whether he ever goes to bed again or not? Miami is probably the wrong city for him but it's the right culture. I'm pretty sure that Udonis Haslem is on the roster just in case Riley needs him to beat the **** out of Whiteside in the shower someday.

• Like 1

Lukas Kuba ‏@Luke_Mellow  32m32 minutes ago

Eurohoops' Nikos Varlas reports that according to his sources, #Wizards have decided to offer multiyear guaranteed deal to Tomas Satoransky.

Lukas Kuba ‏@Luke_Mellow  30m30 minutes ago

Washington #Wizards ready to buy out Tomas Satoransky: http://www.eurohoops.net/nba-news/237832/the-wizards-ready-to-buy-out-satoransky-barca-eyes-delaney

Lukas Kuba ‏@Luke_Mellow  Jan 21

#Satoransky on #Wizards: "It is true that the team has shown interest in me, but nothing concrete. I suppose we have to wait a bit . .

Lukas Kuba ‏@Luke_Mellow  16m16 minutes ago

.@edlova31 Hopefully it's true :) Even though Saty really likes Barcelona, he'd love to play in NBA, and u just can't say "no" to multiyr GC

This is HUGE if true. 

• Like 1

Click to read the rest

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-wizards/hes-so-good-what-tomas-satoransky-could-mean-wizards

'HE'S SO GOOD': WHAT TOMAS SATORANSKY COULD MEAN FOR THE WIZARDS

If Tomas Satoransky wanted to play in the for the team that owns his rights, the 2016-17 season seemed like a good time.

No playing the third string point guard role behind John Wall and either Andre Miller or Ramon Sessions.

The third guard slot if not the sixth man slot is available with only five players under contract for next season plus restricted free agent Bradley Beal.

Speaking of Beal, his injury history suggests even more playing time opportunity for a 6-foot-7 talent capable of playing multiple wing spots.

The Wizards can add free agents, but are unlikely to have any picks in the 2016 NBA Draft.

For now, let's wonder this: What exactly would the Wizards get in this international man of mystery? 

"He is already one the toughest, best two-way guards in Europe," said David Pick, one of the leading international basketball reporters. 

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH