Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Nene can't decide if he wants to play basketball or not.  Let's take a page from Scotty Mac's playbook and only sign guys who love the game and it's important to them. 

Oh wait E.G. is remaking our whole roster.  We're ****ing doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.....because the same guy that made them is still in charge. 

Dude we went through this **** with Cerrato but did we abandon ship? We're still redskins fans and the redskins struggled mightily for decades. What makes you think one bad year is enough to quit?

If only it was one bad year, the only "good" years have been as the result of Ernie lucking out.

We are finally at a point where we have money to spend and a new head coach to hire, the last thing we need is for Ernie to pick the coach and spend the money.  If there was ever a time to start with a clean slate, this is it.

• Like 1

I'll post in favor of this a few times on BF but it's never going to catch on.  Not with the local media in Ernie's pocket. 

With the way twitter goes now. Post it....tag Ted and a few sportstalk guys. Maybe they talk about it. Maybe not. It took 5 min to make and cost nothing. The same amount I'm spending on them next year.

Dude we went through this **** with Cerrato but did we abandon ship? We're still redskins fans and the redskins struggled mightily for decades. What makes you think one bad year is enough to quit?

Been a whole lot more than one bad year my friend. You can count the number of "good years" (by the depressingly modest standards of this franchise) this team has had since 1980 on one hand.

"The draft nowadays, you're drafting a freshman or sophomore and you have to develop them..."

Really Ernie!!! That's what you do. That's your job you imbecile! This is Vinny all over again.

Oh the humanity!

He said that? I refuse to believe thats something that came out of the General Manager's mouth. I mean, thats like the most important thing a GM does. If we cant rely on our GM to do that, then we might as well save a few million and neglect to have one at all.

So far we know that:

1. EG doesnt believe in the draft and/or developing draft picks

2. Doesnt mind continuing to employ flawed coaches. If only for the sole purpose of having an out should the mobs get close to the gates.

3. Was solely responsible for the madness involving the locker room gun fiasco

4. Is the 4th longest tenured GM in the league... the other 3 having won a handful of championships relying on great drafting and coaching

Ted is an offseason from losing an entire fanbase.

Im 100% for resigning Nene. Have been all season, still all for it. He is much better than the credit hes given. With Hickson backing both Marcin and Nene, I feel pretty comfortable.

Of course I would ship Marcin and Beal both out today if it meant getting Cousins.

Nene is still good. Much better than the majority of back up centers. But I think you have to look at the big picture with him. He never feels good. He has one foot in the door of retirement. Having him in the locker room is a drag. He's not a bad chemistry guy by any means. But you're never really going to get him to buy in at this stage. I think you need to find a younger, much more energetic guy who is thirsty to make his name. Someone with Kelly Oubre's personality. Either that or an older guy who is still a maniacal competitor. We need this in our locker room.

Would also really help to get a rim protector at that spot, roster construction-wise. I would honestly be all for signing Joakim Noah if he were interested.

4. Is the 4th longest tenured GM in the league... the other 3 having won a handful of championships relying on great drafting and coaching

Actually the fifth I think. Buford, Ainge, Riley, and Kupchak. Not just a handful of championships between them either. Those four have won 13 of the last 16 possible championships since the first one of them got hired as GM. And Buford won what would be a 14th championship in '99 except he was only assistant GM that season.

And then there is Ernie, whose crowning achievement was the 46 win second round loss team from last season.

This is embarrassing. A black eye for DC.

1978-79.  Like I've been saying since then, I'll believe it when I see it.  I don't want to be just a 50 win team, I want to compete with the elite for titles.

Hell, at this point, I'd be content with a regular 50 game winner that gives the appearance of contention. My standards have been lowered and reaching that level of performance and sustaining it would constitute major progress for this franchise.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago the style of offense was placed on the GM and Owner...and reporters were saying the coach wasn't the driving force there. Maybe it's not true. But the tone from Ernie's presser was...."We (Him and Ted) expected better....and they didn't see fault in the way they did things.

I'm all for moving on from Randy. But that's bull**** that Ernie gets to use that Cerrato style line about how we already drafted our guy in Morris. Whatever.

CgBwRsPWEAEvTaa.jpg

Not Really

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

God that's ****ing insane. Dysfunctional locker room after dysfunctional locker room. And the one common denominator is still here. This is borderline insanity and the only sane (SMH) explanation that I can come up with is there backdoor confirmation of KD signing here.

Yeah, the only sane explanation I can think of is Ernie has some ironclad confirmation that KD will sign here and he's had it for a while. And Ted feels that might be disrupted if he fires Ernie. But the more realistic explanation is this team is ran by morons.

Yeah, the only sane explanation I can think of is Ernie has some ironclad confirmation that KD will sign here and he's had it for a while. And Ted feels that might be disrupted if he fires Ernie. But the more realistic explanation is this team is ran by morons.

I think Ernie is just a REALLY good salesman, at least at selling himself, and he's somehow manipulated Ted into keeping his job.

We've all had co workers like that at our jobs. They are incompetent but somehow management loves them and never gets rid of them.

I feel bad for John Wall. He deserves so much better. He's wasting his prime on a dead franchise. I would not be shocked at all if he requests a trade after we fail at landing Durant or any other big name FA.

I feel bad for John Wall. He deserves so much better. He's wasting his prime on a dead franchise. I would not be shocked at all if he requests a trade after we fail at landing Durant or any other big name FA.

You can already see the seeds being planted about how they're going to blame him when he leaves after his contract is up.

You can already see the seeds being planted about how they're going to blame him when he leaves after his contract is up.

I'm not convinced he's leaving but that's how it would play out. He'd be framed as a malcontent and that he's been a bad locker room presence all along. Grunfeld is great at creating bad situations and then blaming the people caught in them for not fixing everything. That's what he did to Wittman.

We've all known Wittmans offense is **** for years. What we didn't do is give him a roster that was injured before the season started and players that can't defend worth a damn, then stand back and say "well the defense being worse is all the coaches fault!"

We just need to wrap up the coaching vacancy quickly. I hear we have 35-40 million in cap space, so hopefully we are wisely active in FA.

Pray for KD, basically fixes every problem we have. Get him, and then all you really have to go after are some smart and defensive minded bench players.

He said that? I refuse to believe thats something that came out of the General Manager's mouth. I mean, thats like the most important thing a GM does. If we cant rely on our GM to do that, then we might as well save a few million and neglect to have one at all.

So far we know that:

1. EG doesnt believe in the draft and/or developing draft picks

2. Doesnt mind continuing to employ flawed coaches. If only for the sole purpose of having an out should the mobs get close to the gates.

3. Was solely responsible for the madness involving the locker room gun fiasco

Ted is an offseason from losing an entire fanbase.

It's in his press conference that someone posted.

I'm not going hard on this like I did when making the Vinny Card. But here is something. I guess my question is...should I remove the signature stuff so people can just save and post online over and over while tagging Ted?

Stealing this image and sending it out.

Disgruntled Wizards fan.

• Like 1

I don't want to hear that we lost because Witt did not hold nene, sessions, and players on one year deals accountable. Ernies job is roster construction, and those issues were clearly pointed out before the season even started. We knew going in that an entire roster of 1 year deals would be difficult to reign in, compounded with the fact that we brought in yolo shot supernova to close out the season during a playoff race. Witt sure is to blame, but Ernie deserves just as much fault for his construction.

Regarding nene and sessions: one guy is clearly dominant in many facets of the game when healthy, and strikes fear into the depths of rival teams. Don't go throwing shade on the guy as if he were the reason for our absence from the post season. when he's healthy, you know what you are getting from him. Conversely with sessions, he's been in the league just about as long. You know what you are getting from him, and it's not lock down defense. If you are upset with his defensive awareness, perhaps pairing him with 2 other guards and an undersized 4 half the season is not the best strategy. They are both quality role players, with one being a borderline starter if he could stay healthy. We did not lose because of them, but rather roster construction, an unnecessary change of the offensive philosophy, and poor coaching.

I'm always amused by the lackluster fanbase for the Wizards. We should know because before 2012 the Nationals and Redskins was pretty bad. But there were still people in the stands! There were still fans! All teams go through rough patches. The support should be there for the Wizards but instead we shun and boycott them because "Hurr durr Wittman hurr durr EG hurr durr I'm done with this team"

It's highly conceivable this team makes the playoffs next year with a new coach. So all this boycotting and anger and rage is way over the top. PEople acting like this franchise has no future smh