Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm not really a jersey guy. I can't wear them without feeling like an 11 year old. But this shirt is pretty awesome: http://www.washingtonwizardsstore.com/John-Wall-Blue-adidas-Player-Name-and-Number-Washington-Wizards-Youth-T-Shirt-_1942930415_PD.html

I'd definitely wear that.

I like the new shade of blue. I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate jersey where that is the primary color.

I'm not really a jersey guy. I can't wear them without feeling like an 11 year old. But this shirt is pretty awesome: http://www.washingtonwizardsstore.com/John-Wall-Blue-adidas-Player-Name-and-Number-Washington-Wizards-Youth-T-Shirt-_1942930415_PD.html

I like the new shade of blue. I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate jersey where that is the primary color.

I am not big on t-shirts that are made to look like jerseys. Other than that, I like the shirt and the shade of blue as well. Take the number off of the front and the name and number off the back and I would wear it.

Looks like a soccer jersey. :)

If I was Ted I'd crank out Wizards work out clothes at a price below under armor (which shouldn't be hard at all). Most people don't rock basketball jersey's these days and they are too expensive for most to consider wearing them on the basketball court. What people do buy in massive quantities are work out t-shirts and sweat wicking t-shirts (sleeveless and regular). I see people rocking under armor, nike, and whatever other brands are out there on the court and at the gym all the time. That stuff often runs 25 bucks are more so clearly people are willing to shell out coin to get it.

Looks like a soccer jersey. :)

If I was Ted I'd crank out Wizards work out clothes at a price below under armor (which shouldn't be hard at all). Most people don't rock basketball jersey's these days and they are too expensive for most to consider wearing them on the basketball court. What people do buy in massive quantities are work out t-shirts and sweat wicking t-shirts (sleeveless and regular). I see people rocking under armor, nike, and whatever other brands are out there on the court and at the gym all the time. That stuff often runs 25 bucks are more so clearly people are willing to shell out coin to get it.

Good call. I am in need of some new workout gear right about now. Make it happen Ted. :)

I personally think it's stupid to essentially go back to the old Bullets uni but just have it say Washing or Wizards on it instead. But it's a step in the right direction so I'll take it.

Yeah, when I saw the jerseys, I had mixed reactions. I am happy about the color chanes, but would have love to have something "different" Still some good unis though.

I personally think it's stupid to essentially go back to the old Bullets uni but just have it say Washington or Wizards on it instead. But it's a step in the right direction so I'll take it.

I'd be thrilled if we didn't have the stupid wizards emblem still...thing is even uglier w/ the new scheme

WOW they look pretty sweet!!! nice retro mixed with new flavor in them. Logos are all sweet!! but that wizards one which isn't in any of the jerseys or pants so its only a matter of time, maybe a few years before that hits the dirt also.

Lol, totally agree man. Looking at makes me laugh. For real. Maybe it means that they are planning on going back to Bullets. Didn't want to waste time on a logo for a dying name.

I hope so...I have a feeling we will be the Bullets again within the next couple of years. I sent Ted an email and told him the wizard logo with the new color scheme is going to haunt my dreams until the Bullets come back.

---------- Post added May-10th-2011 at 12:13 PM ----------

Personally, I like 'em.

you like the wizard logo w/ new color scheme???? Or are you just referring to the uniforms? I love the new home jerseys and the new road jerseys are definitely better than the old ones...and growing on me....but the wizard emblem with the new color scheme makes me want to kick a baby in the face.

you like the wizard logo w/ new color scheme???? Or are you just referring to the uniforms? I love the new home jerseys and the new road jerseys are definitely better than the old ones...and growing on me....but the wizard emblem with the new color scheme makes me want to kick a baby in the face.

LMAO makes me want too kick a baby in the face LOL!!

I would buy a away jersey with WASHINGTON on it too be safe that Wizards logo is there just because we couldnt just change the name.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

LMAO makes me want too kick a baby in the face LOL!!

I would buy a away jersey with WASHINGTON on it too be safe that Wizards logo is there just because we couldnt just change the name.

I really wish it was the home (white) uniforms with the Washington on the front instead of "wizards" on the front. I think the whites are much better looking...but you do have a good point about being safe w/ the name change getting the "Washington" road jersey. I also usually don't like getting white jersey's because my dumb ass is bound to spill something on it!

I'll actually probably wait till the draft and if we draft Kyrie or D Williams I'll buy one of each jersey (with the new draft pick and a John Wall of course) otherwise I'll probably just get a t-shirt until I decide which I'm gonna go with.

Anyone notice the Swingman jerseys all seem to be on pre-sale and don't ship till October?

I'm not thrilled with the Wizards logo but I don't hate it nearly as much with the new color scheme.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm not thrilled with the Wizards logo but I don't hate it nearly as much with the new color scheme.

I think the new one is ten times worse...at least it is nowhere to be found on the uniforms though...and I have a feeling it wont be on the court either. I expect the monument ball to be a center court and the dc symbol to be on each side of the court.

I think it's a forgone conclusion the name will change next year. The NBA requires a certain timeframe for name changes to happen (which I believe is 2-3 years). However that same time frame doesn't apply to color/jersey changes (hence why they started the process as soon as Ted took over). Ted's also been on record as saying this is just one step of many planned changes and he did all that he could in the 1 year he's had the team.