Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Bibby's is a free agent in 2012 just like Kirk Hinrich. He's cheaper over all however. He's scheduled to make:

2010-2011: 5,564,767

2011-2012: 6,217,617

Hinrich was scheduled to make:

2010-2011: 9,000,000

2011-2012: 8,000,000

Maurice Evans (to the Wiz) and Hilton Armstrong (to the Hawks) are both on the last year of their deals.

Jordan Crawford is signed for a long time but is cheap:

2010: 1,042,320

2011: 1,120,440

2012: 1,198,680

2013: 2,162,418

2014: 3,206,866

For next year the Wizard drop 8m and add 7.3m plus a first round pick.

Thank you. A salary dump and a 1st round pick? Yup.

Good news on Crawford's contract.

Read that the Warriors made a play for McGee but all they have to offer are some expiring deals so nothing came of it. One more hour until the deadline. Doesn't appear anything else is going down.

RA15, I saw Wall's comments after the game last night. Is there any doubt he's talking about Blatche?

McGee :anon:

An upset McGee cursed as he went to the sideline. He complained as he sat down, and Wittman and Saunders shouted back at him. After 76ers point guard Jrue Holiday scored to give his team a 71-57 lead with 6 minutes 6 seconds remaining, Saunders called timeout and McGee shouted toward the coaches who huddled on the court. Blatche walked up to McGee and put his hand on his chest to get him to relax.

:doh:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/23/AR2011022307126.html

i can kinda understand his frustrations a little bit. he gets pulled for every thing he does wrong, yet other players are allowed to stay in the game and continue to **** up consistently (i'm looking at you #7)

obviously though, he should've handled that situation better than he did

Edited by StillUnknown

I think it's tough love. They think can make something of him. Blatche not so much

That's what I keep hoping, but I still hear people saying that the staff thinks that they can make something of Blatche. If so, there is a heck of a double standard going on.

---------- Post added February-24th-2011 at 04:12 PM ----------

Shakur's second 10-day contract ran out, and the Wiz had to decide whether to keep him for the rest of the season since you can't sign him to another 10-day. I guess they decided not to spend the $.

I don't know if there is a legit starter on the wizards other than John Wall. I saw that he called his team mates out on lack of effort the other night and I'm glad he did. The lack of effort on the team is disheartening. I think Ted needs to consider firing the coach AND the GM.

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-wizards/2011/2/24/2013259/mike-bibby-buyout-wizards-nba-trade-deadline

The biggest name the Wizards acquired in the trade that sent Kirk Hinrich to the Atlanta Hawks is Mike Bibby, but it's still an open question whether Bibby will suit up for the team. The veteran point guard reportedly seeks a buyout, but the team, at this point, is not inclined to give him one, according to multiple reports.

Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld reports that Bibby will seek a buyout on his contract. Bibby is on the books for $5.7 million this year and $6.4 million next year.

so how much do we lose by tonight: over/under 25?

Blatche is crusing twitter right now if you want to hit him up: @drayblatche. He's already called one dudes mom a *****. (To be fair, dudes comment was totally out of line. Even for Blatche.)

@LOC_LessMonsta like I said I'm done with this fake internet thing if u wanna see meet me saturday after game I can throw these things homie

about 7 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to LOC_LessMonsta

he showed more heart in that post than he has on the court all season

Edited by StillUnknown

so how much do we lose by tonight: over/under 25?

@LOC_LessMonsta like I said I'm done with this fake internet thing if u wanna see meet me saturday after game I can throw these things homie

about 7 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to LOC_LessMonsta

he showed more heart in that post than he has on the court all season

haha. This bum cant disappear any faster for me.

Am I missing something? How could anyone call the Perkins-Green trade a bad one for either side? I thought it was brilliant and both teams came out winners.

People seem to think Perkins is a lot better than he really is. He had his purpose, but really he was just a guy when you get down to it and the Celtics have enough muscle in the front court to suffer his loss in the short term. That's indisputable, they never even missed him this year when he was out. The Celtics have an aging core and if they wait to retool after disaster strikes and Garnett/Pierce/Allen all fall off a cliff at the same time, they'll be consigned to mediocrity and lack the resources to improve. Hell, then you risk making Rondo unhappy.

Now they've got as bright a future as anyone with a Rondo/Green/Davis/Krstic core and a lot of nice young role players like Avery Bradley. It was textbook retooling on the fly and taking a proactive approach to finding long term roster solutions because you found yourself in a crisis.

I don't see their ability to beat the Magic substantially weakened by this deal either. They always beat the Magic and they're still a better team than them. They still won't have problems matching up with the Heat without Perkins. And I think they've still got more horsepower than the Bulls do. Perkins became unnecessary when Big Baby started to flourish.

As for the Thunder, Green was superfluous behind Durant. His best position was always SF and he'd always have been soft at the 4. Now with him gone you can start Ibaka at the 4 and Perkins as your center and suddenly you've got a very natural set of starters that fit their positions instead of having to jimmy around your lineups to make things work. Now they've got the muscle in the front court to hang with the Spurs and the Lakers. It also creates an opportunity for James Harden to really step up and thrive as the third banana in their offense.

This deal makes sense to me from every facet. The only way I think it goes bad is if Perkins never gets healthy again (in which case it'd only be bad for the Thunder)