Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Pretty pathetic that McGee didn't win, the only dunk that Griffin did that could even be slightly compared to McGee is the dunk over the car - or should I say hood? Just about every NBA player could have done that one. Nothing compared to McGee and I'm not saying that cause I'm a Wizards fan, he was overall better and by far more creative.

But hey, when you are Griffin and you know every 15 year old is on your nuts, you know jumping over the hood will get you all the votes so why not right?

Edited by B55Green

Wow. Got home from work a little while ago and just finished watching everything. Javale got absolutely ****ing robbed. And goddamn online/text fan voting strikes again. We need to start a "TRUE dunk champ" or "Javale was robbed" or whatever movement and run it into the ground.

I'm so proud of the big guy though. He carried himself well and represented to the fullest. Proud that he's a part of my team.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

A couple of other things: Kenny Smith is the lamest dude alive, Dwight Howard was clearly bitter about being called out an then mispronounced Javales name a few times henceforth. I have a hard time believing he doesn't know his name. Straight ***** move.

Wall also carried himself well. And did anyone notice him and Griffin being all close. It's destiny baby.

Hey Vishal, I assume we're all still going to the Wiz/Clippers game in a few weeks? We gotta have a nice chant ready to go for when Javale dunkes. Esp if he dunks on Griffin.

(And anyone else who wants to go please do. BOAW, ACW, SU, whoever. The more the merrier. I think right now its just me, Vishal, SF2K and some personal friends. One chance to see Griffin this year.)

Everyone knows he should have won it. That's all that really matters. Javale will make a name for himself if he keeps improving and flashing on a national stage like that. If he can make the national team, that would also help. If the big name stars stay out of the Olympics, Javale and Wall could be important members of that team. If not then, certainly by the FIBA tournament in 2014. There aren't many other bigs like Javale in the game and Wall will probably be the premier PG in the league by then.

The things holding back Javale are his immaturity and his basketball IQ. It's not a guarantee that either improves. I thought he handled and carried himself very well tonight though. Like a professional. I'm seriously so proud of the guy.

And it was great to hear Chuck hyping him up all night. And I even laughed at his shot at the Wiz (nobody has heard of him because we sure as hell aren't showing Wizard games on here.)

Hey mcqueen, you should try to make it up for the Clippers game on the 12th and hang out with us

Has anyone pointed out how the NBA had a sponsorship deal with Kia and if Griffin didn't make the finals, they wouldn't have been able to showcase the cae? And how that especially worked out witth one of the damn announcers being Griffin's "coach"?

Reading general NBA forums on the net, this whole thing has hurt Griffin's rep. The general consensus is that it was rigged (by Stern? Never /sarcasm) and that it should've been Javale and DeRozan in the finals. How DeRozan got a 44 for his between the legs alley oop off the back of the backboard got a 44 but Griffins norm backboard alley oop (2nd dunk) got a higher score. Or if there is any doubt that if Griffin did Ibaka's free throw line dunk, that he would have gotten a 50 for it.

Once again, David Stern fails at life. He's like some dictator who thinks the population of his are dumb ****s who can't see the corruption right in front of their faces.

Yeah Colin I'm still good to go for the Clippers game.

Javale's first and third dunks were better than anything the other chumps pulled out. That entire thing was so ****in rigged though. Ibaka, McGee and Derozan could have all dunked from half court but they still would have made sure to get Blake the trophy.

I hope the NBA doesn't shove Griffin down our throats the way they did LeBron. I actually like the guy and he doesn't have the dickwad personality LeBron does.

I think its funny how almost everyone agrees that Mcgee should have won it, and Blake shouldnt have even made it to the finals. The thing was obviously fake, and now we get to see Stern throw Blake down our throats. Its too bad.

Blake Griffin ( Sponsored by Subway) dunks over a new Kia (Nba sponsored car) with a sprite logo ( Nba Sponsor) with a heralded choir singing for him, followed up by Mike and Mikes Fresh Dunks of the night ( sponsored by subway).

No one else had any sponsors. Its an unfair fight. They crowned his ass before it even started.

I think its funny how almost everyone agrees that Mcgee should have won it' date=' and Blake shouldnt have even made it to the finals. The thing was obviously fake, and now we get to see Stern throw Blake down our throats. Its too bad.

Blake Griffin ( Sponsored by Subway) dunks over a new Kia (Nba sponsored car) with a sprite logo ( Nba Sponsor) with a heralded choir singing for him, followed up by Mike and Mikes Fresh Dunks of the night ( sponsored by subway).

No one else had any sponsors. Its an unfair fight. They crowned his ass before it even started.[/quote']

he could've shot a 3 pointer and still won

I think its funny how almost everyone agrees that Mcgee should have won it' date=' and Blake shouldnt have even made it to the finals. The thing was obviously fake, and now we get to see Stern throw Blake down our throats. Its too bad.

No one else had any sponsors. Its an unfair fight. They crowned his ass before it even started.[/quote']

For some reason I pictured you like this while I was reading that :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc

Has anyone pointed out how the NBA had a sponsorship deal with Kia and if Griffin didn't make the finals, they wouldn't have been able to showcase the cae? And how that especially worked out witth one of the damn announcers being Griffin's "coach"?

Reading general NBA forums on the net, this whole thing has hurt Griffin's rep. The general consensus is that it was rigged (by Stern? Never /sarcasm) and that it should've been Javale and DeRozan in the finals. How DeRozan got a 44 for his between the legs alley oop off the back of the backboard got a 44 but Griffins norm backboard alley oop (2nd dunk) got a higher score. Or if there is any doubt that if Griffin did Ibaka's free throw line dunk, that he would have gotten a 50 for it.

The marketing thing honestly didn't even occur to me. Duh. It's only as obvious as the nose on my face. It would have been more fair and better for marketing if they'd brought out a car for Javale too but I'm not sure he can pull that off in the first place. Clearing the car, catching the feed, and making it to the rim seems hard for such a long dude like McGee. He's a physical freak but he has his limits in some regards, like any player.