Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It's nice to see us handily beat a team we should have beaten handily.  

Hope Nene's knee isn't serious.  Miller probabaly hasn't even practiced with the team and he already looks about 15x better than Eric ****in' Maynor.  Oh and welcome back Al Harrington.   

• Like 1

I just don't want anyone from this team or in management to give excuses going forward.  Losing Nene does hurt, but there is enough talent on this roster for this team to finish at, or above .500.

Got a feeling that either Booker or Seraphin will respond accordingly and elevate their games. 

The irony is that it happened immediately after his best game, and immediately after we traded one of our only two back up centers. Booker is going to have to start and Seraphin is going to have to step up and kill it with all the big man minutes about to come his way.

And who knows, maybe it will force us to go small and space the floor for Wall and then he goes absolutely HAM and wills us to the playoffs and a decent seed?

Wall is due for a huge March again.

I have a feeling we'll be forced to play Otto some time.

I only see it coming up if Webster or Ariza misses time. I don't think we see Otto as an option at PF unfortunately.

Which is a shame, because I think each of Webster, Ariza, and Porter could play a good deal of minutes at the 4 and we would gain more offensively than we'd lose defensively. Especially now that you're looking at Booker starting.

We weren't THAT great an interior D despite the fact we play fairly slow and go with the two big lineups almost always. The one area we really stand to lose is defensive rebounding, where Nene and Gortat and Ariza was one of the best front courts on the defensive glass. We're going to miss the steady boost Nene has on team rebounding.

But you know what though, Porter and Ariza are very good rebounders. Booker is a good rebounder. Gortat is a very good rebounder. Beal can be a physical rebounder for his position. I think small lineups still have a good chance on the defensive glass.

John Wall on Kyrie Irving matchup

Source: http://kcmsports.com/index/2014/02/24/wall-on-kyrie-irving-im-more-of-a-point-guard-that-likes-to-get-his-teammates-involved/

He’s probably a better offensive guy, skill-wise, and can basically take over games with his skills. I’m more of a point guard that likes to get his teammates involved and am blessed with the talents and abilities to get hot and able to score the ball.
Edited by Ozymandias

It's purely a cosmetic issue, but does anyone know why this is still around?

wizards2.jpg

I guess I don't understand why this logo that is not on our uniforms or really even present in the Verizon Center is still used on basically every major NBA-related website or television production.

Edited by DCchillin89

Marc SteinVerified account

‏@ESPNSteinLine

Hearing 10-day deal in Washington for Drew Gooden is "likely"

Marc SteinVerified account

‏@ESPNSteinLine

According to@MrMichaelLee, Wizards fear they've lost Nene til final week of regular season. Looks like DGooden gets first shot to fill void