Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

So fugggin tired the opposing fans being louder then the Wizards fans.

Go to the game then. Right now, they have the attendance they deserve based on the last five years. Fans aren't going to immediately flock to this team because they are over 500 for one day. It takes time, but they will come.

• Like 1

Go to the game then. Right now, they have the attendance they deserve based on the last five years. Fans aren't going to immediately flock to this team because they are over 500 for one day. It takes time, but they will come.

I'm ALWAYS at games. I understand that the fans are use to having a garbage team, but when its OT and the opposing team is on the line, boo or something. It ain't brain surgery.....

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

I said it after the first half that the spurs were getting easier shots and they continued to do so and stopped turning it over in the second half. From there the wizards went from leading to holding on until they ran out of gas. That spurs offense just makes every players job easier.

Didn't help that Duncan had his way with our entire front line and Nene couldn't hit anything.

Marc SteinVerified account

‏@ESPNSteinLine

Hearing tonight that Paul George, John Wall and Terrence Ross could all wind up joining Damian Lillard in dunk contest at All-Star Weekend

If George is in this, Wall should just sit this one out. The fix is already in. Doesnt matter if Wall dunks from half court. Or perhaps.... dunks 3 balls in the same hoop. Or maybe even 2 balls on two different hoops. Forget it John, you cant win this.

• Like 1

This is what happens when you play such a short bench usually. Some nights you get tired and then you don't have guys ready for longer stretches. There was one spot where Wall got to sit for a while earlier...but I think that was it. Only 14min for Seraphin? If Maynor isn't going to be healthy or your backup PG when healthy. Then go get me Vaquez from Toronto for that spot. He'll play and give you energy at least.

Lets put it this way, The Spurs only had one player that didn't go because Coaches DNP and they have some injuries too. The Wizards had 4.

Coaching does make a difference...and when I make the crack about if they had a "George Karl" (Maybe not him, but meaning a better coach), they would have a few more wins. Well, last night was another example of that. Missing the big picture because you can't see past the game or the quarter has lose this team games.

If George is in this, Wall should just sit this one out. The fix is already in. Doesnt matter if Wall dunks from half court. Or perhaps.... dunks 3 balls in the same hoop. Or maybe even 2 balls on two different hoops. Forget it John, you cant win this.

If John and Paul George both do the Dunk Contest, that majorly raises the profile of the event.  I think it would be a good thing.

I don't think you can really lose from a dunk contest so long as you don't have a Chris Anderson like performance where you say, "It's time for the Birdman to fly" and then miss like 15 dunks in a row.

Someone made a great point about how the Spurs got better shots with worse players.

That's really about coaching when you get down to it.

A lot of our offensive issues have been disguised this year because we start five really good offensive players and have a sixth one on the bench.  Our worst offensive player among our key guys is probably Ariza and he's made 100 threes already and is shooting almost 40% from three.  He's a reliable shooter and gets a lot of energy points.

We're getting by without getting as close to the basket as we need to be off of talent.  You can't bank on that IMO.

I think the real indictment of Randy and his offense is in how we consistently play farther from the rim than our opponents.  And it feeds from and into us not being able to protect our own basket as well as we need to.

Man, how I wish we really could get Joakim Noah.  He would make a massive difference in the W/L column.