Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I really like how they incorporated the Washington Monument in the "d" in Wizards and "h" in Washington.
Good call Beast. I heard the announcer say they were there but I hadn't seen them until you pointed out where to look.

Love the home unis. They are sweet,

Might be worth buying the new White Wizards swingman jersey even if they did change the name back to the Bullets next year....I'd essentially be paying $80 to have a jersey of my team that isn't a bullets Rod Strickland that fits skin tight, An ugly blue Arenas, or a Gold Caron Butler!.....because those are my only other jersey options.

Although I could wear my dream team Barkley Jersey and still match the color scheme of the team!

Hey...let me get your viewpoint on this:

Remember earlier year Ted was hyping a new Big 3. That Big 3 included Wall, Crawford, and Blatche. I think a lot of folks raised their eyebrows at why he would include Blatche in that statement. Anyways, in all of the debut pics of the new unis, Wall, Crawford, and McGee were the only Wizards to rock the digs. No Blatche. He had time to promote Lapdance Tuesdays last week, but wasn't included (I think) on this big day....a bit odd, no?

Hey...let me get your viewpoint on this:

Remember earlier year Ted was hyping a new Big 3. That Big 3 included Wall, Crawford, and Blatche. I think a lot of folks raised their eyebrows at why he would include Blatche in that statement. Anyways, in all of the debut pics of the new unis, Wall, Crawford, and McGee were the only Wizards to rock the digs. No Blatche. He had time to promote Lapdance Tuesdays last week, but wasn't included (I think) on this big day....a bit odd, no?

I wouldn't read too much into this. I think they chose the three players they did because they are the youngest most promising wizards.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did end up trading Blatche, but you have to have a taker first.

I wouldn't read too much into this. I think they chose the three players they did because they are the youngest most promising wizards.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did end up trading Blatche, but you have to have a taker first.

I'm with you...honestly, I think Ted including Blatche in the "new" big 3 was nothing more than trying to drive up his trade value. He did the same thing (saying the right things) w. Arenas last year. I just thought that if you are going to announce a new big 3, those would be the 3 featured players selected for the debut of the rebranding of the franchise.

Don't forget about Booker RonArtest. Booker is in the jersey picture StillUknown posted. So you've got Wall, Crawford, Javale, and Booker being used for the marketing. Three of our first round picks from last year plus Javale. Makes sense to me.

Interesting that Nick Young isn't involved. He's more recognizable than Booker is and probably the fourth most recognizable member of the team. Perhaps he's not in our long term plans?

Interesting that Nick Young isn't involved. He's more recognizable than Booker is and probably the fourth most recognizable member of the team. Perhaps he's not in our long term plans?

Well he is a FA, so even if the team has plans for him, maybe he does not want to stay. Who knows, someone could offer him an insane contract. There is still a good amount of uncertainty.

Edited by lovetoaster

Don't forget about Booker RonArtest. Booker is in the jersey picture StillUknown posted. So you've got Wall, Crawford, Javale, and Booker being used for the marketing. Three of our first round picks from last year plus Javale. Makes sense to me.

Good catch w. that, SM.

I think there could be something to be said about the players not included in the photos or in the debut today. Really makes me raise my eyebrows about Blatche...and now Young.

Thinking about it guys its no way they change the name next year or the year after that. You can't make people go out and buy these jerseys only for them to be worn for 1 year thats totally wrong.

Folks wanted a name change more than a new colorway. If you think about it, this could be a HUGE moneymaker for Ted. We know that the name change process takes 2-3 years. Keep the folks happy in the short term by giving them new R/W/B colors. They'll pay good money to cop the new joints....skip ahead (assuming they do change the name) to 2013, a new name is announced and the rebranding is complete and folks will be dishing out more money to have the "updated" unis. Win/Win for Ted & Co. This is what we wanted.

I'm with the people who like the home a lot more than the away, but the "washington" with the basketball and monument looks great. Wish that was on the home jerseys, too.

I'm not really a jersey guy. I can't wear them without feeling like an 11 year old. But this shirt is pretty awesome: http://www.washingtonwizardsstore.com/John-Wall-Blue-adidas-Player-Name-and-Number-Washington-Wizards-Youth-T-Shirt-_1942930415_PD.html

I'd definitely wear that.

I like the new shade of blue. I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate jersey where that is the primary color.

Yeah, I like those shirts, they look good.

I really like how they incorporated the Washington Monument in the "d" in Wizards and "h" in Washington.

Definitely a nice touch.

I hope so...I have a feeling we will be the Bullets again within the next couple of years. I sent Ted an email and told him the wizard logo with the new color scheme is going to haunt my dreams until the Bullets come back.

---------- Post added May-10th-2011 at 12:13 PM ----------

you like the wizard logo w/ new color scheme???? Or are you just referring to the uniforms? I love the new home jerseys and the new road jerseys are definitely better than the old ones...and growing on me....but the wizard emblem with the new color scheme makes me want to kick a baby in the face.

:ols:

Add one more to the "kick a baby in the face" club. The logo is horrendous. We'll just have to pray that we're only stuck with it for another couple of years.

Folks wanted a name change more than a new colorway. If you think about it, this could be a HUGE moneymaker for Ted. We know that the name change process takes 2-3 years. Keep the folks happy in the short term by giving them new R/W/B colors. They'll pay good money to cop the new joints....skip ahead (assuming they do change the name) to 2013, a new name is announced and the rebranding is complete and folks will be dishing out more money to have the "updated" unis. Win/Win for Ted & Co. This is what we wanted.

ding ding ding.

We have a winner!

Ernie....tell him what he's won!

Well Gator Bait, Mr. RonArtest15 will be big pimping in 2012 with his limited edition UGLY ASS Wizards logo HAT

ProductDisplay.aspx?pfid=46-40938&index=0

we can't sell them, so we have to give these ugly ass things away.

Edited by Gator Bait

Ballers is 100x worse than Wizards.

I wish extremeskins had the thumbs up like facebook...I'd use it now

---------- Post added May-10th-2011 at 02:48 PM ----------

New uniforms look terrible. Too retro and Wizards on them make it seem worse.

I wish extremeskins had a thumb down...I'd use it now. Not much could be worse than the disgusting Bluish-nasty jerseys we had before

I wish Ted would just go back to Bullets and get it all over with. The more I think about this, the more I think it's a lock that it's going to happen. People think Ted is some sort of man of the people, Robin Hood figure, dude is a businessman first and foremost. You don't become a billionare being nice and giving **** away. He's gonna milk this for all it's worth. You think it's just a coincidence that for the first time in YEARS they weren't selling retrok Bullets jerseys at the Phonebooth? Come on. He knows Wall is gonna be a hot jersey. And he's gonna sell three different kinds in three years. $$$$$$$