Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

I don’t understand all the guard signings.  Weren’t the wizards after Oladipo?  Then we signed a bunch of nobody guards and buried our draft pick on the bench.  None of that makes sense.  

Uh, we traded Guards to get Guards tho.  I think we’ve improved our backcourt 3pt% quite a bit…and I like that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Destino said:

I don’t understand all the guard signings.  Weren’t the wizards after Oladipo?  Then we signed a bunch of nobody guards and buried our draft pick on the bench.  None of that makes sense.  

I find this to be hilarious and #sowizards

They should beg KD to come back for one or two seasons and trade pretty much anything to get him for that. Then trade everyone and start over. 

Durant for Porz/Rui/Deni + 1sts works in the trade machine....the salaries are almost equal. Works out for Brooklyn since they get a scorer in Porz with 2 less years on his contract than Durant + two young guys....and it works for the Wiz since it clears up the playing time issue

Let's go Tommy. Make it happen.

• Haha 1

Wizards gonna Wizard.......

But the comments. :rofl89:

Literally holding the franchise hostage for the next 5 years... Brilliant. Although is it really a hostage situation when the team handed over the keys to the franchise?

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This man deserves to get rescued out of there and believe we should be the team to do it to pair him with Beal, tell me I'm wrong or what you'd do to do it?

"...per my last email..."  I'm shocked he hasn't demanded a trade yet, but if he does:

everyone-angry.gif

Edited by Renegade7

3 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yeah....about Johnny Davis: His lack of quickness and athleticism is noticable.

There was a comment on reddit during last nights game, that JD looks like a Troy Brown Jr clone out there. 

And now I can't unsee it.......

Edited by CRobi21
  • Haha 4

On 7/6/2022 at 4:37 PM, CRobi21 said:

Wizards gonna Wizard.......

But the comments. :rofl89:

Literally holding the franchise hostage for the next 5 years... Brilliant. Although is it really a hostage situation when the team handed over the keys to the franchise?

You guys and Twitter aren’t being fair to Beal. After all, this is his dream gig. He gets paid top $ to play in the NBA without having to worry about those pesky post season games that mess with his sweet, sweet, Beal time. Dude’s gonna be at home counting his cheddar, sipping’ on something insanely expensive, watching guys like Curry, Thompson, Tatum, and Horford out there bustin’ their humps in June just shaking his head and laughing. 

11 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

He still lacks quickness unfortunately...

I was surprised seeing that on SL videos. He looked really slow compared to players out there. Dude won't see a lot of PT this season. Headed to the GL unless injuries happen. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

He still lacks quickness unfortunately...

the wizards love drafting smart players that can do a little bit of everything but are not athletic.  Since we drafted Beal… here’s are our first round picks.  All smart guys with little athleticism:  Otto, Rui, Deni, Kispert.  Johnny Davis’ lack of explosiveness fits right in.  He makes the smart play but he apparently can’t get around anyone in the summer league.  That’s the Wizards favorite type of player.  

The one time we got an athlete, he was a dumbass (Kelly Oubre).  lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

the wizards love drafting smart players that can do a little bit of everything but are not athletic.  Since we drafted Beal… here’s are our first round picks.  All smart guys with little athleticism:  Otto, Rui, Deni, Kispert.  Johnny Davis’ lack of explosiveness fits right in.  He makes the smart play but he apparently can get around anyone in the summer league.  That’s the Wizards favorite type of player.  

The one time we got an athlete, he was a dumbass (Kelly Oubre).  lol

Reminds me of this article I saw the other day...

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2022/6/28/23186413/washington-wizards-alumni-nba-championship-otto-porter-gary-payton-ii-chris-chiozza-analysis

• Like 1
  • Sad 2