Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Not trying to bash the NHL but it's the 4th most popular sport in the U.S.

That's just how it is. 

Ikr?

I jus looked it up, Stanley Cup finals this year averaged about 6 million viewers per game, NBA Finals averaged double that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2022/06/viewership-of-the-2022-stanley-cup-final-on-abc-finishes-up-84-from-2021/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2022/06/viewership-for-2022-nba-finals-on-abc-finishes-up-22-percent-from-last-year/amp/

For context, 208 million people watched the super bowl this year...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, max21 said:

You’re absolutely right, there’s no arguing that. I vented there a bit, my bad, I just don’t see how the NBA is so popular but to each their own. If I was Ovi I would probably be a bit irritated, but anyways go Wizards. 

Fwiw, I wouldn't pay Beal that much money either but I guess Ted disagrees.

• Thumb up 1

They just signed Delon Wright for 2 years $16 million. 

Someone needs to explain to me wtf they drafted Johnny Davis. 

The problem with this sorry ass franchise is that they miss on so many draft picks they have to trade or sign guys they should be able to develop. 

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

The rookie gonna have plenty of vets to watch and learn from.

Beat me to it by a second. 

Imagine if they had hit on one PG type in the last two drafts, how much better a position they would be in to make moves. 

2 minutes ago, SuperBash said:

Morris/Wright

Beal/Barton/Davis

Deni/Kispert

Kuzma/Rui/Gill

KP/Gafford/Carey/Todd

Barring a trade, can’t see them adding much more. 1st 10/11 guys seem locked in.

There is a chance Barton starts and Deni is a bench player. Which would be hilarious. 

Collins would actually be a really nice signing.  Would be the first move in a while I would be moderately excited about.  He isn't a superstar or anything but a solid player.

*edit* I thought he was a free agent, I guess Atlanta is trying to trade him.  I'd still be interested provided we don't have to give up too much.  A Hachimura/Kipsert type package would be sufficient.

Edited by abdcskins

9 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Collins would actually be a really nice signing.  Would be the first move in a while I would be moderately excited about.  He isn't a superstar or anything but a solid player.

*edit* I thought he was a free agent, I guess Atlanta is trying to trade him.  I'd still be interested provided we don't have to give up too much.  A Hachimura/Kipsert type package would be sufficient.

How do they match Collins' salary?  Don't get me wrong, I think Collins has great value and in a few years with more years off his extension, would be a pretty attractive trade piece to a contender, but having a hard time seeing a trade scenario that works.

9 hours ago, abdcskins said:

It wont  Collins is making 25 mil a year and the Wiz are 2 Mil away from the Luxury tax so in reality Kyle Kuzma(13 Mil)  and Will Barton (14.3 Mil) two expiring contracts would likely be the trade

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, vegeta613 said:

It wont  Collins is making 25 mil a year and the Wiz are 2 Mil away from the Luxury tax so in reality Kyle Kuzma(13 Mil)  and Will Barton (14.3 Mil) two expiring contracts would likely be the trade

Which I assume would require a ton of picks going to Atl.  That's a solid no.  Maybe one pick, I can stomach, but multiple? No way.

I said it yesterday, but I think the Wizards are more likely to get Kyrie Irving than Durant. Irving, Beal, Porzingis is a better trio skill set wise than Durant, Beal, Porzingis imo. Having two athletic 7 footers who like to shoot from long range on the court at the same time semms odd imo. Plus salary cap economics dictate Durant not being able to fit on our roster.

Ultimately neither of them will end up here.

I don’t understand all the guard signings.  Weren’t the wizards after Oladipo?  Then we signed a bunch of nobody guards and buried our draft pick on the bench.  None of that makes sense.  

5 hours ago, vegeta613 said:

I don’t see Collins as a major upgrade over Kuzma.  Taking on that salary for a minor upgrade seems like a dumb move.  He’s paid like a star but he’s obviously not that guy (which is why Atlanta is desperate to get rid of him)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1