Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bungles claim DE/DT Greg Scott off waivers

Well Marvin Lewis worked him out and was the main reason we drafted Greg Scott, so I guess he wants to show his acumen and prove we screwed up. Because today he claimed him off waivers. :laugh:

Bengals Claim One; Waive Walker -- from FFMastermind.com

AP reports the Cincinnati Bengals have acquired DE Greg Scott on waivers from the Washington Redskins. The team also waived WR Marquise Walker.

the fact Scott couldn't even make it here as the 9th linemen on a team that desperately needed linemen is telling in and of itself :)

Scott was overweight at 295 this year and appeared slow.

maybe Marvin will move him back outside and get him down to 280-285.

i dunno, i've heard a little conspiracy theory on this site from a few people about how dan and marvin are talkin a lot. First off, we released Alex Sulfsted and the bungles grabbed him (sure they released him later, but ignore that...), and its been said that we were asking marvin lewis about martin chase and lional dalton before we picked them up. I wouldn't be surprised if dan is doin marvin a favor by giving him his table scraps.

Originally posted by bulldog

the fact Scott couldn't even make it here as the 9th linemen on a team that desperately needed linemen is telling in and of itself :)

Scott was overweight at 295 this year and appeared slow.

maybe Marvin will move him back outside and get him down to 280-285.

I dont think its really fair to say that. People say we're supposedly in "desperate" need for help along the DL. But by us going out and signing new guys, that really put the guys we had on the roster in a critical position.

I remember last year the thing about Scott was that he was too small. So he went and bulked up over the year. And I say bulked up because somebody at camp said they saw him and it was all musle. But he still had to learn to play with all this new weight and that has a learning curve. He was almost guranteed a spot on the roster if we didnt go out and sign these new guys. Now that we have, he has more of an uphill battle and he could easily succeed elsewhere.

the fact he struggled as much as he did indicated he won't 'easily' succeed elsewhere :)

let's be honest for a minute. It was not the fact the Skins brought in Chase and Dalton that forced the team to cut Scott as much as it was the fact that Scott and the other younger players like Cowsette didn't do enough to show the staff they could get the job done, which forced them to aquire the DTs :laugh:

we all have our pets, but let's realize that most of these guys whether it be Hamdan, McCullough, Gillespie, Scott, Clemons, etc....are just not going to make it in the NFL.

every team has training camp sensations that fade once the real work of playing in the NFL starts in September.

we all have our pets, but let's realize that most of these guys whether it be Hamdan, McCullough, Gillespie, Scott, Clemons, etc....are just not going to make it in the NFL.

every team has training camp sensations that fade once the real work of playing in the NFL starts in September.

Whatever man... Chad Dukes is a surefire Pro Bowler. :high: ;)

It's a pretty good indication that a player is nowhere near good enough to make the team if he's cut in the round of 65. That means he isn't even worth a last look. Given the situation at DE Wynn, Bruce, Upshaw, Zellner, Ladarius and DT - Chase, Dalton, Haley, Holsey, Jackson, Cowsette - the Skins didn't think that Scott was even good enough to try to compete with another guy who is also going to end up being cut because they AREN'T keeping 11 dlmen.

the fact he struggled as much as he did indicated he won't 'easily' succeed elsewhere :)

let's be honest for a minute. It was not the fact the Skins brought in Chase and Dalton that forced the team to cut Scott as much as it was the fact that Scott and the other younger players like Cowsette didn't do enough to show the staff they could get the job done, which forced them to aquire the DTs :laugh:

nah, bulldog. Its like this. Would you be confident with having Haley, Cowsette and Scott as your top three DT's? Even with Noble, the Redskins thought they were too young and inexperienced to be the only depth at the position, so they brought in more experienced guys who outplayed Scott. But with the reasons that I mentioned above, I wouldn't just start making bets against the guy.

Scott made the team last year (or the PS, but he was getting a paycheck). That shows that he at least had some potential. For whatever reason the team chose not to go with him this year. That doesn't mean that he won't go to Cincy and show that same potential that he showed here.

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyBoy

Notice Marquise Walker has officially failed to make both the Cardinals and the Bengals squads.

His career is now... OVER.

Boy that trade for Thomas Jones to the cards for Marquise Walker is looking more like a steal, especially since Jones is looking to a good possibly to secure the starting RB spot from his 4 preseason game performances.

Its hard to believe Walker went from Michigan phenom to waiver wire in only a year. He was a playmaker at Michigan, but most scouts said he lacked the speed to play in the NFL. Tampa, and subsequently Arizona.... agreed.

Archived