Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Called Timeout Too Late by Texans

Frediemac

Sorry if there is another thread dedicated to this but I couldn't find one.

Did anybody else notice that the Texans coaches called the timeout and the referee turned and looked at them turned and wave his arms AFTER THE DAMN BALL WAS SNAPPED. WTF?

How could he allow the timeout with the ball already in play????

Initially I took it in stride because icing the kicker happens but now after watching it over and over i realized that WE GOT SCREWED.

Coach was on the sideline waiting and right before the ball was snapped, motioned to the ref for a timeout. Crappy rule that I hate, but you see it every weekend. I was surprised Shanny did not try and ice the kicker on the final play of the game. I hate to have a game iimpacted that way, but Gibbs did it against the Bills....twice....cost us the game. Any time a kicker is in the position for a game winner it should not be a shock to see this done.

Sorry if there is another thread dedicated to this but I couldn't find one.

Did anybody else notice that the Texans coaches called the timeout and the referee turned and looked at them turned and wave his arms AFTER THE DAMN BALL WAS SNAPPED. WTF?

How could he allow the timeout with the ball already in play????

Initially I took it in stride because icing the kicker happens but now after watching it over and over i realized that WE GOT SCREWED.

You're wrong. The ref never turned to look at the Texan's coach, he just immediately blew the whistle to stop the play.

Video evidence:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?333327-Icing-The-Kicker-Should-It-Be-Banned/page6

About 3 posts down.

is there video evidence of this? i didn't see that on tv.

I just watched in on VIDEO clear as day in HD. Crystal Clear

Edit---In the video (Shown in this thread) at the bottom left watch the referee turn around to signal timeout AFTER the snap of the ball. Hell it's almost place down by the punter.

What video are YOU looking at? lol...

Just watch the snap of the ball and you will see it's off before the referee makes his timeout with his hands. Of course I can not tell if his whistle has blown.

Seems too late to me. But Gano should have made the 2nd. I'm actually more upset at "sleepy" Davis for falling alseep during the field goal allowing it to be blocked.

That's impossible. The ball was in Bidwell's hands before they whistle was blown.

You're assuming that the ref that's in the tv shot during the FG attempt was the first ref to blow a whistle. He wasn't. He was responding to the ref standing by Kubiak who had already blown his whistle...and that one was blown prior to the snap.

Just watch the snap of the ball and you will see it's off before the referee makes his timeout with his hands. Of course I can not tell if his whistle has blown.

Seems too late to me. But Gano should have made the 2nd. I'm actually more upset at "sleepy" Davis for falling alseep during the field goal allowing it to be blocked.

But if you look at the video I linked to, it shows in a replay that there was a ref standing right next to Kubiak, who never took his eyes off the snap, and blew his whistle when Kubiak called time out. That's the ref who determined if the time out was called in time. The ref in the lower left corner was simply relaying that other ref's decision.

You're assuming that the ref that's in the tv shot during the FG attempt was the first ref to blow a whistle. He wasn't. He was responding to the ref standing by Kubiak who had already blown his whistle...and that one was blown prior to the snap.

I didn't see a ref next to the coach only the one in the shot to the left. If true then fine. Otherwise if your not right and the actual ref in the shot bottom left isn't the ref making the timeout call then we got screwed. LOL

Coach was on the sideline waiting and right before the ball was snapped, motioned to the ref for a timeout. Crappy rule that I hate, but you see it every weekend. I was surprised Shanny did not try and ice the kicker on the final play of the game. I hate to have a game iimpacted that way, but Gibbs did it against the Bills....twice....cost us the game. Any time a kicker is in the position for a game winner it should not be a shock to see this done.

Funny that should be mentioned cuz I don't remember really any other times at least recently when we iced the kicker. Gibbs I only believe did that because he knew how much that Bills game meant with Taylor's death. I don't think Gibbs would have iced the kicker otherwise. That was complete desperation.

You're wrong. The ref never turned to look at the Texan's coach, he just immediately blew the whistle to stop the play.

Video evidence:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?333327-Icing-The-Kicker-Should-It-Be-Banned/page6

About 3 posts down.

Watching that video again made me revisit all the rage I had last night. We lost because of a damn timeout.

Funny that should be mentioned cuz I don't remember really any other times at least recently when we iced the kicker. Gibbs I only believe did that because he knew how much that Bills game meant with Taylor's death. I don't think Gibbs would have iced the kicker otherwise. That was complete desperation.

Oh, Gibbs most definitely had his share of icing the kicker moments lol :yes:...don't doubt that for a second.

Here's the video so everyone doesn't have to go to the other thread to watch it. It seems pretty clear to me that the whistle was blown at about the same time the ball was placed on the ground by the holder, well after the snap.

Then they show Kubiak calling the timeout and the ref appears to blow the whistle immediately as he called it, making it quite possible that Kubiak didn't get the time out off in time. Although, I'd have to see the video of Kubiak calling the timeout WITH sound to know that for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOCmdSvQc3Q

Archived