Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

College football season is here as well, Who is your guy???

Skins26

Originally posted by Uptown Skins

Brad Smith - QB - Mizzou

I wish I could see more Mizzou games this upcoming season just to see this one man show. The few games I saw last year......WOW! You think Ell Roberson is something. Check out Brad Smith.

Yeah, thats my pick for Heisman. He's the next Michael Vick.

Dallas Baker.

Bet you haven't even heard of him yet, but you will . . .

(btw, Taylor is an absolute freak -- the only guy i'm surprised no one has mentioned is Vince Wilfork -- he is a load to watch).

also, i agree with those who believe that Larry Fitzgerald is the best WR in college football (followed closely by Rashaun Woods at OSU).

Originally posted by NBlue

Dallas Baker.

Bet you haven't even heard of him yet, but you will . . .

(btw, Taylor is an absolute freak -- the only guy i'm surprised no one has mentioned is Vince Wilfork -- he is a load to watch).

also, i agree with those who believe that Larry Fitzgerald is the best WR in college football (followed closely by Rashaun Woods at OSU).

Reggie Williams is the best, yall will find out soon enough. When he goes for 200 and 3 TDs with Gamble on him, you'll see.

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

Man you guys at UMD must really be carazy.

FSU beat you so bad last season that they put in all their backups for the second half. I'm not a FSU fan or anything but they killed you. They'll still run all over the ACC.

Without doubt, they have the best running back in the ACC. Unfortunately, they have no offensive line. We'll see how well they do. They have also lost to NCSU two years in a row and must play at UVA.

Originally posted by NBlue

.........(followed closely by Rashaun Woods at OSU).

Statistically, he was the BEST WR in College Football. He was no. 2 in yards, no.4 in receptions and No.1 in TD catches. He's a true Sooner-killer! I'll put my money on him and Larry Fitzgerald(Pitt) before I put it on Mike Williams(who'll miss Carson Palmer).

Notre Dame's Vontez Duff....

Vontez Duff

Class:

Senior

Hometown:

Copperas Cove, TX

High School:

Copperas Cove

Height / Weight:

6-1 / 194

Position:

Cornerback

Birthdate:

03/08/1982

Named a third-team All-American by Associated Press in ’02 and is a leading candidate for All-America awards again in ’03 … one of the most exciting players in college football with his defensive play and his special team prowess … second-team preseason All-America selection by Athlon … in his third season as a starting cornerback … boasts outstanding overall skills and top-notch speed … has a nose for the ball and is a playmaker for the Irish … extremely physical and is never fazed if he fails to make a play … became first player in Notre Dame history to return a kick, punt and interception for a touchdown in a single season … was two yards away from become the first player in NCAA history to return a kick, punt, interception and fumble for a touchdown in a season … will be the leader of the secondary as well as the overall defense … is sixth on the all-time Notre Dame total kick return list with 1,349 and is only 740 yards away from breaking Tim Brown’s all-time record … he also ranks sixth in all-time kickoff return yards at 984 (Brown is first at 1,613) and is only 25 returns away from breaking Brown’s record for career returns at 105 … has returned three kicks for touchdowns in his career (Notre Dame record is six held by Allen Rossum, Tim Brown and Rocket Ismail).

AS A JUNIOR: Starting cornerback for second consecutive year for the Irish … named a third-team All-American by Associated Press … named preseason honorable mention All-America candidate by Street & Smith’s … ranked eighth in the nation in kickoff return average with 27.94 yards per return … served as a game captain vs. Michigan and Boston College … recorded 36 tackles, including 31 solos, and seven pass break-ups in 2002 … set a Notre Dame record for most kick returns in a season with 59 … finished fourth on the single-season kickoff return list with 526 yards … played in a team-high 347:53 minutes and made 138 special teams appearances … had first career punt return for a touchdown vs. Maryland for 76 yards … also made four tackles vs. Maryland … recorded first career interception return for a touchdown (33-yard return) vs. Purdue … returned two kicks for TDs in two consecutive games … no Irish player has done that dating back to at least 1980 (records stop at that point) … also made career-high six tackles and broke up two passes vs. Purdue … made first career fumble recovery on a fumble forced by fellow starting cornerback Shane Walton vs. Michigan … first player in Irish history to return an interception, punt and kickoff in consecutive games for a touchdown … recorded five tackles and ran punt back 92 yards for a touchdown against Stanford, but was called back because of a penalty … recorded (then) season-long 42-yard kickoff return … also recorded three tackles and broke up a pass vs. Stanford … recorded three kickoff returns for 63 yards vs. Pittsburgh … had three kickoff returns for 74 yards vs. Air Force … also posted two tackles vs. Air Force, including first career tackle for a loss … made 30th career appearance for Irish vs. Florida State … recorded three tackles and recovered a fumble vs. Florida State … also returned two kickoffs for 44 yards vs. Florida State … returned a kickoff 92 yards for a touchdown vs. Navy … returned only punt return 52 yards and tied a career-high with six tackles vs. USC … also broke up a pass vs. USC … first player in Notre Dame history to return a punt, interception, and kickoff for a touchdown in the same season.

AS A SOPHOMORE: Reserve cornerback to start 2001 … moved into starting lineup beginning with fourth game of season vs. Pittsburgh … recorded two tackles vs. Nebraska … made two tackles vs. Michigan State and broke up third-down pass late in third quarter to keep game tied at 10 … returned first kickoff of career for 30 yards vs. Michigan State … recorded a career-high four tackles vs. Texas A&M … made three tackles and a 10-yard kickoff return vs. West Virginia … had three kick returns for 89 yards, including a career-long kickoff return of 39 yards vs. USC … pulled in his first interception of the season vs. USC and had a pass breakup vs. the Trojans … pulled down another interception vs. Boston College and returned it 24 yards … tied his career-high with four tackles vs. Navy and recorded his longest career punt return for 12 yards … recorded an interception and broke up three passes vs. Stanford … had a career-long punt return of 17 yards vs. Stanford … recorded first career touchdown on career-high 96-yard kickoff return vs. Purdue … recorded a career-high five tackles vs. Purdue.

AS A FRESHMAN: Reserve cornerback in 2000 … was only freshman to appear on defense in 2000 and one of just four to see action overall … joined linebacker Mike Goolsby and quarterback Matt LoVecchio as only rookies to earn monograms in 2000 … played on special teams in each game, making 77 appearances … played in first career game vs. Texas A&M, making one special team appearance … made first career tackle vs. Stanford … made first career appearance at corner vs. Navy, recording a tackle … after just one defensive appearance for less than two minutes in first nine games, saw over 15 minutes of playing time vs. Rutgers after injury to starter Shane Walton … had first career interception in fourth quarter vs. Scarlet Knights.

HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA: Rated 12th on The Sporting News list of top 101 prospects … 61st on Chicago Sun-Times list of top 100 prospects … named to list of top 100 national prospects by Fort Worth Star-Telegram (one of 15 running backs) and Dallas Morning News (one of 12 running backs) … rated one of top 100 players in Texas by Houston Chronicle (one of 18 running backs) … carried 194 times for 1,145 yards and 12 touchdowns as senior in ’99, also catching two passes for six yards … two of his eight punt returns went for scores and he also threw for two TDs out of the backfield (he threw for three as junior) … earned three letters in football as running back, receiver and quarterback at Copperas Cove High School in Copperas Cove, Texas … helped team to 9-2 mark in ’99, including district title and first-round state playoff loss … rushed for 2,256 yards and scored 26 TDs as junior in ’98 while serving as team captain and helping squad to conference title … set school records for most rushing yards and carries in a game and for longest punt and kickoff returns … chosen for California-Texas Shrine all-star game where he was named most valuable player after rushing for 109 yards on 22 carries … tied that game at 7-7 in the third quarter with a three-yard touchdown run … helped Bulldogs to Texas Class 5-A state playoffs in ’98 for first time in 37 years … played free safety on defense … also a standout in basketball and track, earning four letters in track as sprinter and one in basketball as guard … has run a 10.5 100 meters and long-jumped 23 feet … full name is Vontez Douglas Duff … oldest of four children … born March 8, 1982 in Kentucky … enrolled in College of Arts and Letters, majoring in sociology.

G-GS Solo Asst. Tot. PBU Int.-Yds.

2000 11-0 3 1 4 1 1-4

2001 11-8 14 11 25 6 3-37

TOTAL 22-8 17 12 29 7 4-41

KOR Yds Avg TD LR PR Yds Avg. LR

2001 12 358 29.8 1 96 9 80 8.9 17

TOTAL 12 358 29.8 1 96 9 80 8.9 17

Oh hell yeah i saw that hit Uptown Skins! The guys went flipping into the air, that was unbelievable. Did you see (i believe it was his hit) in the Miami vs. Pittsburg game when it was blown coverage and a Pitt WR was just standing behind the miami D, but the QB threw it way too short so it was like the WR was cathcing a punt and i think it was Taylor that just melted the guy as soon as the ball touched his hands. I love watching him after he has a pick or something when he has the ball, to see his speed is unbelievable, he has the longest smoothest quick strides ive ever seen. He seems to be a superfreak.

Also i'm with you on Rashaun Woods being the best. Fitzgerald is sick, so is Roy Williams. But right now this guy has everything. His speed/hands/route running is just amazing.

Another guy to watch everyone is Bernard Berrian a WR from Fresno State, He got hurt in the first game last year but in the first quarter alone i saw him in he was insane. Including a TD catch that he caught the ball while hurdling a defender then walked into the endzone. If he stays healthy look out! Fresno State will be playing Tenn. on ESPN 2 this saturday at 3. So watch that game and look for WR # 2 Bernard Berrian of Fresno State.

THE team is the Auburn Tigers. They have the best backfield in all the land. So many good RBs, they won't all get the carries they deserve. My guy has to be "Cadillac" Williams.

Watch him...he reminds me of Barry Sanders. But if he doesn't stay healthy for a whole year his value will drop like a rock.

Good choice Blondie,

Darren Sproiles i really like. He was sick last week in the K State/Cal game. He had that like 60 yard run on the first play. I switched over to it during commercials of the skins game and it seemed like every time he was tearing it up. He is short but very fast and when he jukes its like he's still moving at full speed downfield while doing it. He really impressed me. He had been a guy who i had heard his name but never saw him play until last saturday. Ell Roberson too, he looks to be in the Heisman race this year.

Archived