Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

College football season is here as well, Who is your guy???

Skins26

From what i've found out from my friends and family members that all love football, but love pro football first over college. Is when they watch college, everybody has "a guy" a guy they really like who they think is something amazingly special. A guy you hope somehow ends up in your teams uniform come draft day. A guy who you like to follow closely throughout the season. 2 years ago my guy was Ashley Lelie, and he's turning out to be pretty damn good right now but i knew he would be. However we passed on him in the draft. But no worries about that. Last year I liked Kelley Washington, but he didnt get to play much last year and now he's stuck witht he Bengals. Anyway so i thought it'd be fun to play a game and everyone can tell who the guy you really wanna watch this college season. This will also help people learn about other players out there in college football that you might not have known before.

We'll here is my player to watch in 03:

Sean Taylor FS Junior, Miami

From what i saw of this guy last year he is a superfreak athelete. Hits hard as hell, however can cover with the best of them. This guy possesses blazing speed, and i mean blazing, it doesnt look like he touches the ground when he runs his strides are smooth and quick. He is a playmaker, is always there for the INT or big hit. He is absolutly unbelievable to watch, this guy is gonna have a huge year, expect him to win the Thorpe award, and be 1st team all american. I expect him to come out early and enter the draft. Right now i project him to be selected anywhere form the 8th pick to the 40th pick. Its hard to tell since he has a whole season to play so that draft projection is really rough a lot could happen by time the draft comes. Should Iffy not perform up to starting safety caliber next year, then come draft time he could be on our board.

Originally posted by Yomar

He isn't my guy, everyone knows how good he is, but I think Mike Williams of USC is the greatest thing since Moss

Maybe if he could run like Moss he would be, but he cant. Larry Fitzgerald is better than him. So is Reggie Williams(best WR in college football), Roy Williams, Rashaun Woods.

My player is Steven Jackson of Oregon State, he's the best RB in college football. He's going to be a really good NFL RB.

Id love to list Nat Dorsey as my player, but I dont think an OT is what I should be saying.

well he was my guy several years ago...but he hasn't really lived up to the hype....this year hes back for the Irish and I'm hoping Julius Jones can start to play like everyone thought he would when he came in as a freshman. Even if he can't be the RB they thought he is still fun to watch on kick and punt returns.

bubba,

my bro just left for tennessee a few weeks ago. He's a freshman there so i hope they do well.

Also guys I know he's not gonna start at QB this year unless Randall starts to struggle but how about MARCUS VICK! Last i saw him he was a little skinny, but i saw a picture in the paper a few days ago and the guy is jacked now! He's ripped as hell and looks like a freak! He's supposed to be better than brother Mike Vick, how the hell is that possible!!!!!!!! I cant wait till he starts for tech oh my god! I bet he's ****ing insane

Craig Krenzel - QB OSU

Yeah I'm a Buckeye homer, but I think Craig will have a huge year. Last year our lineman were fat and not quick enough to pass block. He never had much time to throw and often would take sacks rather than forcing a bad throw. The guy is a the smartest player on the field at all times. He is a molecular biology major and is currently working on a cure for cancer. (No joke!) Anyways with the line slimming down (Adrien Clarke went from 380 to 325!), our receiving corps looking deadly and Clarett being out for a while I see 3500yds 29 TD's and 6 picks.

On a non-OSU player I like DeAngelo Hall and Larry Fitzgerald - the WR from Pitt is a freak, better than the Williams Triplets.

Michael Clayton-LSU WR

Had him in my sig. Im an LSU homer. If LSU had a QB with a great arm, Clayton would be one of the top 3 WR's in the nation bar none. The plays he made with Rohan Davey while he was a freshman just wowed me. One handed catches in traffic and running down the sideline. This kid has talent. I just think his potential won't be fully tapped until he reached the pro's. From what he has shown so far in college he should be a 1st round selection. He has all the tools. Prototypical Wr. Whoever gets this kid will get a playmaker. This kid will be the **** in the pros. He'll be good this year for LSU cause he is clearly the best athlete in the SEC caus he can excel at the WR position and can be a nasty safety when called upon. He layed a few players out in the Cotton Bowl with his hard hits. Reads plays very well. Just an all around natural playmaker.

I got the Maryland Terrapins...Everyone sleeps on them...The ACC is rising as a football conference (not the mention the addition of VTech and Miami next year) and they will be one of the elite there.

Game to watch: Virginia @ Maryland... Big rivalry...Both solid teams now

My player of 2003: Madieu Williams, FS, UMD ... He's siiiiick! Hits like a linebacker, covers like a corner and just is definetly a sleeper safety to watch (if you haven't heard of him).

GO TERPS! Take the ACC from the WAY overrated Seminoles...

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Deangelo Hall Va Tech-

This kid is a STUD and will be a top 5 pick in the draft next year. Incredible speed (even if 4.15 is off) best tackling DB I have ever seen and he will be returning kicks and playing some reciever. This is the next Charles Woodson

Love Sean Taylor. A bit banged up going into the season though. Definitely going to be a good pro.

I'll take Kellen Winslow Jr (Miami). Simply can't be covered on the college level. Put a CB on him and he out muscles him. Put a LB or safety on him and he blows by them. Better than Shockey.

Others recieving consideration, Kevin Jones VT, Vince WIlfork Miami. Jones needs to learn to hit the hole and trust his OL better and stop fumbling. Vince needs to show he can do it as a starter playing all of the snaps for an entire season.

Archived