Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coles and Ramsey on FF team.

endzone_dave

i did.. I am in a keeper league, and it's a tight one,, we keep 6, and it's a 14 man league, so the draft is SPARSE. I got Ramsey last year and kept him, and traded for Coles on draft day (Jamal Lewis). While i hate trading a RB for a WR, I went into this year's draft with NO receivrs, and a weird draft order due to trades.. i had to grab a quality WR early, and the trade was offered up.

~Bang

I see Ramsey throwing for 3200-3500 yards this year.. with a TD/INT ratio of about 18-12.

If I'm a defensive coordinator gameplanning against Spurrier this year - even though I know the blitz has worked in the past - I play a Cover 2-deep zone. And I'll force Spurrier/Ramsey to be patient and throw underneath all day... waiting for those errant passes to turn into INTs. Force the Skins to run the ball and throw short - intermediate passes.

So I think the Skins will be forced to run the ball this year a lot more than they'll want. Until the Redskins can show an ability to run the ball effectively. Spurrier will be forced to "run to set up the pass" instead of vice versa.

DH,

You have an interesting thought on Ramsey. I just can't help but seeing it differently though. Under the assumption he plays a full year, I can't see him just throwing 18 TDs. Last year in what can only be described as a halting, hit and miss kind of offense, we managed 24 touchdowns between the group of players who got in there.

Spurrier's offense is designed to throw touchdown passes. I think if Ramsey plays the full year, he could well have 26-30 TD passes. I also think he'll have around 20-24 INTs. High risk, high reward kind of thing.

As a team we averaged 203 yards a game passing a year ago. In Ramsey's seven games (6.5 really) he threw for 219 yards a game. I think if he has some mild natural improvement through just knowing the offense better you'll see his completion percentage rise to around 55 or 56 percent and he'll throw for around 3,700 yards just by being in such a pass friendly offense with the personnel to exploit things.

Even saying this I realize just how great a second year that would be. It's the down games and the mistakes that will kill us. I don't think he'll be consistent at all. I see him having a couple of 400 yard games where we slaughter teams, and then have a couple of 150 yard games where he throws three interceptions.

I just think even if we are forced to run more than we'd like that we did that last year and he still did better so it's hard for me not to see a mild pop to his numbers, whether he's actually any good or not.

Originally posted by dchogs

how the hell did you get owens and harrison? is it a 2 team league or is everyone else idiots?

The latter, I drafted Owens and Harrison first 2 rounds, then got Ahman Green due to the idiots in the draft, Anthony Thomas went higher than him, which led me to exclaim "This ain't 2001 buddy."

Then I got Pennington the next round, Amani Toomer, Eddie George, Doug Jolley, Anthony Becht, Patrick Ramsey, Michael Pittman, and Morten Andersen, then the Pats defense, skipped the last round to use the bathroom and somehow got another kicker.

Dropped Becht and picked up Derrius Thompson, then got Stephen Alexander by dropping Jason Hanson.

monkeyboy, i guess you are in a ten-team league and you drafted tenth, but i still can't figure out how you would get green in the third round then...??

penny is a crap starter for fantasy football. there should be many better options out there for you. ramsey will/would post better fantasy numbers than chad.

art, i am in full agreement with your analysis. i expect solid numbers but a lot of bumps on the road to success.

Originally posted by AJWatson3

monkeyboy, i guess you are in a ten-team league and you drafted tenth, but i still can't figure out how you would get green in the third round then...??

penny is a crap starter for fantasy football. there should be many better options out there for you. ramsey will/would post better fantasy numbers than chad.

art, i am in full agreement with your analysis. i expect solid numbers but a lot of bumps on the road to success.

I am in a 12 team league and I magically got Green in the 3rd due to people who I'm pretty sure either hate the pack, or were just idiots.

BTW, Pennington was a great fantasy option last year, threw alot of TDs and didn't throw picks, his yards per game weren't astounding but he made up for that in TDs. I had Culpepper last year and threw his and Drew Brees's asses out for Pennington and Maddox.

Count me as another with both of them -- I picked up Coles in the 5th with Ramsey in the 9th -- btw, I also got Trung in the 6th round.

Then my jacka$$ brother-in-law drafted Rod Gardner in the 10th and asked if I wished to obtain him for Randy Moss straight up. I hate my brother-in-law.

:)

Originally posted by Art

DH,

"I just read the post below and something stuck out at me, you said "spurrier's offense is designed to throw touchdowns passes"..What offense in pee wee, High school, college or NFL football isn't designed to throw TDs?

You have an interesting thought on Ramsey. I just can't help but seeing it differently though. Under the assumption he plays a full year, I can't see him just throwing 18 TDs. Last year in what can only be described as a halting, hit and miss kind of offense, we managed 24 touchdowns between the group of players who got in there.

Spurrier's offense is designed to throw touchdown passes. I think if Ramsey plays the full year, he could well have 26-30 TD passes. I also think he'll have around 20-24 INTs. High risk, high reward kind of thing.

As a team we averaged 203 yards a game passing a year ago. In Ramsey's seven games (6.5 really) he threw for 219 yards a game. I think if he has some mild natural improvement through just knowing the offense better you'll see his completion percentage rise to around 55 or 56 percent and he'll throw for around 3,700 yards just by being in such a pass friendly offense with the personnel to exploit things.

Even saying this I realize just how great a second year that would be. It's the down games and the mistakes that will kill us. I don't think he'll be consistent at all. I see him having a couple of 400 yard games where we slaughter teams, and then have a couple of 150 yard games where he throws three interceptions.

I just think even if we are forced to run more than we'd like that we did that last year and he still did better so it's hard for me not to see a mild pop to his numbers, whether he's actually any good or not.

After picking Deuce McCallister and Randy Moss, I snuck the Coles pick out in the third round. I got McNair in round four, got a steal in Charlie Garner in round five, New England's D then Alge Crumpler in the seventh.

I needed another qb, Ramsey was on the board but i flinched b/c I didn't like the idea of having the Coles Ramsey connection out in bye week 8 together. Instead I took Jake the Snake.

About five seconds later I realized I'd made the wrong pick though. With as much as Ramsey's going to throw the ball, he'll put up better numbers than Plummer, especially since Plummer's got Portis.

Plus, the combination of Ramsey and Coles could be a very potent one this year and will likely pay serious dividends to a FF team that has both.

My Ramsey projections are 3525/24/20, which might be conservative?

Trivia: do you know how I derived those numbers?

Incidentally, I projected Coles at 1178/7 and Gardner at 1098/8, which ranks them at 12 and 15 overall.

I don't like having the QB and WR from the same team on my fantasy team - it's too many eggs in one basket.

Originally posted by NBlue

Count me as another with both of them -- I picked up Coles in the 5th with Ramsey in the 9th -- btw, I also got Trung in the 6th round.

Then my jacka$$ brother-in-law drafted Rod Gardner in the 10th and asked if I wished to obtain him for Randy Moss straight up. I hate my brother-in-law.

:)

that's a lot of skins on one team. i do my best to avoid that if at all possible. i hate to have my heart broken twice.

NBlue, I hate it when people pull crap like that. In one league, I picked up Shockey in round five, then a guy who's team name was "Lincoln Financial" picked up Chad Lewis in the 13th round and offered me Lewis for Shockey straight up. This same guy tooled me similarly in a fantasy baseball draft, offering me Edgar Martinez (8th round) for Eddie Guardado (6th round) and Jorge Julio (12th round). I asked him why in the heck would I give him a higher draft pick for a lower one, he replied "dumb pick." The A-hole's in dead last in that baseball league, and I'm a half a point out of first.

Archived