Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going to a CAPS game v a REDSKINS game - TONIGHT WAS TERRIBLE

Club Seat Player

Wow. I think you are a loser. You claim to have been going to games for thirty years, yet tonight was a terrible experience? You couldn't find a parking space because persons had the audacity to tailgate in multiple spaces? You've never encountered this? You left at halftime of the dallas game, immediately after one of the most improbable and exciting plays you could witness at a football game. Good riddance. You are terrible. Go to a baseball game.

So says someone from 2600 miles away? Have you even been to FEDEX...stop trying to build your post count. Offer something productive.

Go...to...bed.

Have some tea and scones tomorrow morning and think it all over.

You're only making enemies and causing yourself to look foolish right now.

You really dont speak for anyone but yourself! Trust me, on a fan board such as this, people speak exactly how they feel.. And if there was any majority who was on the same page as you, they'd be speaking up.. It sucks you ran into a couple unruley fans, but that was just bum luck.. As for the vomit and cursing, you had a couple things going against you.. Opening night for one. Cowboys game.. All day to tailgate.. That's a easily forseen recipe for alot of drunken fools.. The best way to tolerate it is to not try and beat them, but join them.. I imagine that stuff wouldnt of bothered you nearly as much except you apparently got hassled in your seats, which fouled your mood for the night.. Im curious though, what happened?? If it was really bad you should of got an usher and tried to have the "threat" removed? Anyway, sorry you didnt get to enjoy the victory! I'd of loved to have a chance to go to a home opener against the Cowboys.. Even when I lived in DC I didnt have the money or recources to do so..

I'm a Caps fan. A huge caps fan. I'm not a season ticket holder and went to 70% of their home games last year.

Okay, I'm glad that's out of the way, because you're ****ing retarded.

You think people aren't going to cuss at a Skins/Cowboys game? You're like Tony Dungy telling Rex Ryan what he thinks- no one cares. this is the NFL man, and I understand a concern for bad behavior, but cussing and drinking are expected at NFL games. If you haven't come to realize that, you're just not cut out for the game experience.

****in' go Skins. We beat the ****in' Cowboys. **** yeah.

Club Beat player is targeting people asking them if they have been Fedex field? I'd much rather have a fan on the board who hasnt been to Fedex than a fan at Fedex that thinks he's better than everyone else. But that's just me. Hell we put up with enough "better than everyone else" people when Cowboys come into town.

besides this just pisses me off when a "fan" starts complaining like **** to seeing one of the most exciting Skins Boys games in recent memory at the stadium. Not to mention walked out at half time. Are you serious? jeez I would driven up there just to see if they would let me use your tickets for the second half.

So says someone from 2600 miles away? Have you even been to FEDEX...stop trying to build your post count. Offer something productive.
Yes. Says someone 2600 miles away. Yes I've been to FedEx. I go to at least 1 game every year. And I've been to many games in opposing stadiums, wearing my Redskins gear. Including Oakland. I've never, ever, had such a negative experience at a game. Of course I could've had many, if I let the douchebags ruin my own experience.

Your rant sounds too one sided. You got into way too many personal confrontations with people to be innocent yourself.

Really, original poster? Really, you didn't think there would be cussing at a Redskins-Cowboys game? Do you really not understand the Redskins-Cowboys rivalry? Ah, that's right - you "go to Ravens games," as you wrote. Well, you're not a diehard Redskins fan, then. And that's fine, a non-Redskins fan is entitled to enter FedEx Field just like anyone else who buys a ticket, but you expect us not to be a little ticked off by an indignant post from a Ravens fan, where you're moralizing about Redskins fans? Really?

And what's up with the "Judeo-Christian" comment? Is that a backhanded suggestion that the so-called offending behavior is coming from people who aren't Christian or Jewish? A clumsy comment at best, a malicious one at worst.

You claim that you "speak for a vast, vast silent majority." Really? Even though you go to Ravens games, you also have a deep connection with the vast majority of Redskins fans and represent their views here in the court of public opinion? And then you chastise others here for being "self-absorbed egomaniacs"? Can you not see the irony? Really?

OP, I see that you're lurking. Apparently, you've decided that you are above responding to us, just as you are above the majority of other fans, in your own eyes.

The reality is, that if the "VAST VAST silent majority" really existed, and was allied with you.....FedEx would have been *crickets* tonight, and we may not have won. Our 12th man was responsible for at LEAST two false start penalties by Dallas. That's direct assistance from a passionate fanbase that you don't seem to belong to.

But you probably won't respond to this...or my last post....or others.

Really, original poster? Really, you didn't think there would be cussing at a Redskins-Cowboys game? Do you really not understand the Redskins-Cowboys rivalry? Ah, that's right - you "go to Ravens games," as you wrote. Well, you're not a diehard Redskins fan, then. And that's fine, a non-Redskins fan is entitled to enter FedEx Field just like anyone else who buys a ticket, but you expect us not to be a little ticked off by an indignant post from a Ravens fan, where you're moralizing about Redskins fans? Really?

And what's up with the "Judeo-Christian" comment? Is that a backhanded suggestion that the so-called offending behavior is coming from people who aren't Christian or Jewish? A clumsy comment at best, a malicious one at worst.

You claim that you "speak for a vast, vast silent majority." Really? Even though you go to Ravens games, you also have a deep connection with the vast majority of Redskins fans and represent their views here in the court of public opinion? And then you chastise others here for being "self-absorbed egomaniacs"? Can you not see the irony? Really?

I didn't know they allowed inmates computer privileges in Denver's correctional facilities!

Nice post!

Seriously. As a skins fan living on the other side of the country for almost all my life, you have no idea how lucky you are. I dont care if u had to sit in the middle of a jailhouse orgy and have feces thrown at you.

The skins just beat the Cowboys. Why the **** are you complaining?!?

1. People - why do you feel so entitled to take up 5 spaces for your tailgate. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

They are allowed to. Tailgating isn't just acceptable, it is encouraged thanks to Bruce Allen. In my experience most tailgaters are done with what they're doing and packing up 30 minutes before the game in time to go in and take their seats. That should free up those parking spaces, though there are already more spaces available than they sell parking permits so that shouldn't be a huge problem anyway unless of course the complaint is that one should have to walk a few hundred yards because they didn't plan for traffic on one of the biggest games of the year and didn't get there soon enough to find a good parking space. Boo hoo.

2. Why do you all stand in the parking aisles so no one can find a space.

That would tend to be something that once again, tailgating fans of a football team tend to do. It isn't exactly a secret, a new development, or something which isn't allowed. If one cannot understand and cope with it, they honestly should not be going to football games. Its like knowing that you might get spit on if you walk in front of a guy who is known world wide for spitting on people, and deciding that you want to walk in front of him without getting spit on, then being furious that when you walked in front of him he did indeed spit on you.

3. Why once someone is pulling in to a marked space - do you look at them like they did something wrong.

Why someone would do this beats me. Perhaps they were staring funny at the guy who is freaking out because he had to wait for a sea of people to get out of his way and fight for a parking space amongst 90,000 rowdy and drunk people. That is just a possibility however, maybe the particular people in question were just *******s.

4. When someone is pulling in - move your chairs and BBQ.

Oh okay, this answers the last question. People tend to give dirty looks at the angry guy who just tried to run over their lawn chairs and grill while they're tailgating.

5. Show some class - want to drink? Get buzzed, but do you have to act like savages?

6. Cussing, cussing cussing.

I agree with these wholeheartedly. I don't enjoy drinking and I try to keep my language clean in public at the very least. It also turns out that thousands of fans, in spite of what I think of their behavior, will choose to drink and cuss to the extent that everybody in the vicinity is aware of it. There are also people out there in the world who would love to kill me and my fellow Americans. There are people who think that anarchy would be fun, communism is a feasible economic and social model for a nation of millions of people, and there are people who think that the Earth is 7,000 years old or perhaps that Jesus rode a dinosaur or some crazy stuff like that. Nothing will change these things. People who are dumb or want to behave in a manner I would believe is dumb will continue to do so regardless of what anybody else thinks. It is much easier to avoid it if you can't take it, or simply note what is happening around you and moving on with your life.

7. When someone has to go to the bathroom, please stand up and let them through the aisle.

This is a common courtesy. If it was really bad you could make a complaint to the Redskins representatives in the stadium. Conversely, I've sat on the end of rows and as someone who has his eyes glued to the field all game, it drives me nuts when the same people get up and come back 25 times per quarter.

9. Why is a restroom a place to start fights and not flush.

Because angry, stupid drunk people who have an emergency situation developing in their bladders are forced to pack tightly together in a line to use a urinal. Dumb things are bound to happen. All I can say is I didn't like the bathrooms at FedEx either, but they're like that in every stadium or large congregation of people anywhere. I avoid them like the plague.

10. Why do you smoke in front of no smoking signs?

I imagine that people do it because they're *******s. This could and does happen anywhere though. Ever since the smoking bans in cities some smokers enjoy pretending they are activists or something by blowing smoke in people's faces and smoking where they know full well they aren't supposed to. Unfortunately they piss off people such as myself who is not a smoker but wholeheartedly supports the right of establishments to decide whether or not they want their customers to slowly kill themselves by inhaling chemicals that blacken their lungs, causing a horribly painful and slow death from lung cancer or emphysema

This had a frat party atmosphere (not the good ones - the kind youd fear for your daughter in). I feared for my safety a number of times. It wasnt fun and I couldnt enjoy the game.

You did know that Dallas was in town for the opener on Sunday Night Football right? Was this the first NFL game you ever went to?

Ive been to a number of CAPS games. Easy parking. Metro. Fans who show one another class and dignity. Family atmosphere.

You are comparing two very different sports and venues. First off, football and hockey fans are and have always been totally different. Its like comparing NBA fans and English Football fans. There is no comparison. The fans for the capitals are going to be nicer, they're going to behave better, the atmosphere is going to be more friendly. These are facts of life.

Secondly, the metro runs to Morgan Boulevard, the walk from there is easy, I've walked along with elderly women and young children up that road plenty of times, and pretty much anybody other than obese people and disabled people can make the walk fairly easily, especially on a cool day like Sunday was.

Lastly, the Capitals arena holds 20,000 people maximum. FedEx field holds 90,000 people maximum. That is more than 4 times the number of people cramming onto a road, cramming into a parking lot or onto a metro train, infinitely more people tailgating since as far as I understand nobody really does that for hockey, 4 times the number of people crowding into bathrooms, etc. Now of course presumably you would have 4 times the bathrooms, parking spaces, and roads to get there, and for the most part you do. I'm just saying you encounter a wider range of people and a larger volume which means you are more likely to encounter difficulties.

Look, I know this wasnt meant for all of you - but to those who this applied to - think....is this the way your grandmother raised you? Cant you be decent to another fellow fan?

Arent you embarrassed no one in their right mind would bring a kid or teenager to this environment?

Arent you embarrassed HBO did an expose on FEDEX field and it was worse than ever tonight?

I left at halftime and its your fault. You know who you are and shame on you.

These things don't apply to me since I am certainly not a contributor. All I can really say is that everybody who has been to FedEx field knows what it is. Everybody who is a Redskins fan knows what they're getting. Hell, I've had my frustrations with drunks as well...not the ones who get buzzed but the ones who get drunk and who get mean. I left my section in the Broncos game last year and moved with my fiancee across the upper deck because I knew if I stayed in an area I was going to inevitably get into a fight with a drunk nearby. These aren't good things and any sane person knows it. All I can say is that if you knew how FedEx field was and you still went and still got mad it is partially your fault. If this is your first time visiting and didn't know what was going to happen I apologize for that.

Basically if you can't cope with the bad to enjoy the good, enjoy the good from your house because the bad is never going anywhere and getting mad won't solve anything.

:ols: He ran away from the thread when he realized that we can see him lurking and reading along, while not responding. Classic.

Also, fitting that he'd leave halfway through what is sure to be a large thread...Must have gotten too vulgar and un-Christian in here for him. Did someone pee on his shoe??

:ols:

Sir, I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience but you have to understand the way you've been going about talking about has made you sound extremely rude, condescending, and extremely out of touch with average fans. I think we can all agree that perhaps people have experiences like the one you had tonight and yes, there are fans who can be jerks at the games but you should also understand that a lot of people have perfectly great times at the games.

Having attended games for 30 years, it just seems so unlikely to a lot of us that you weren't prepared for this. You have to acknowledge that yeah, you left too late, and yes at the biggest rivalry game we have at home this year the crowd will be amped up. Since you've been attending games for so long did you also think people were all acting like savages the night they rained yellow seat cushions onto the field? Did you find it inappropriate that some fan had snuck in a diesel horn and blew it after every Riggins run? Our fans have always been insanely passionate especially at the Dallas game. As a long time Redskins Fan you should have known this and if things have changed too much for you then I'm sorry, its time to watch from home.

What puzzles me about your rant is that you say you went through hell to get to your seat and left at half-time. There was no way in hell I would have done that regardless of how the other fans were acting, especially a Skins vs. Boys game!

Buy a 60" HD Plasma TV with 7-channel surround sound system and sit at home. I do. I hate the traffic getting into FedEx and to get out. I didn't ***** about it just went with a a little more comfortable option. And I married a great cook so the food comes to me and I don't even have to get up. :)

Buy a 60" HD Plasma TV with 7-channel surround sound system and sit at home. I do. I hate the traffic getting into FedEx and to get out. I didn't ***** about it just went with a a little more comfortable option. And I married a great cook so the food comes to me and I don't even have to get up. :)

You sir, are a role model. I hope to one day have all the things you've just described.

I left Bethesda at 5pm -- got to exit 17 at 535p. I did not pull into my green lot spot until 715p. It was a mad house. It didnt have to be this way, but FEDEX traffic management gets an F and most of you are inconsiderate human beings. To those who read this and it doesnt apply, excuse me. For those who do - this was a miserable night for me and my guests and its thanks to you.

Let me say - I think going to FEDEX was miserable tonight - the worst ever and Ive gone to games for 30 years. Ill never go to a night game again. No judeo-christian valued family loving person with a kind soul could enjoy what happened to many of us tonight.

1. People - why do you feel so entitled to take up 5 spaces for your tailgate. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

2. Why do you all stand in the parking aisles so no one can find a space.

3. Why once someone is pulling in to a marked space - do you look at them like they did something wrong.

4. When someone is pulling in - move your chairs and BBQ.

5. Show some class - want to drink? Get buzzed, but do you have to act like savages?

6. Cussing, cussing cussing.

7. When someone has to go to the bathroom, please stand up and let them through the aisle.

8. When someone else has to go to the bathroom - stand up and let them through without harassment.

9. Why is a restroom a place to start fights and not flush.

10. Why do you smoke in front of no smoking signs?

This had a frat party atmosphere (not the good ones - the kind youd fear for your daughter in). I feared for my safety a number of times. It wasnt fun and I couldnt enjoy the game.

Ive been to a number of CAPS games. Easy parking. Metro. Fans who show one another class and dignity. Family atmosphere.

Look, I know this wasnt meant for all of you - but to those who this applied to - think....is this the way your grandmother raised you? Cant you be decent to another fellow fan?

Arent you embarrassed no one in their right mind would bring a kid or teenager to this environment?

Arent you embarrassed HBO did an expose on FEDEX field and it was worse than ever tonight?

I left at halftime and its your fault. You know who you are and shame on you.

I may agree with you about the improperness (is that a word?) of some actions but from what I can read into your post you come off as a self-righteous jerk that may not know how to deal with people and pissed off people with your holier-than-thou attitude. In addition, it may also seem that there is a distinct possibility you are overreacting to some events which put you in a foul mood which you let take a hold of you and spin you down into a pity party mood. Yes, I too care about declining morals in today's society, but I also like to enjoy myself, and you are fine sir are coming off in such a way as to repel people to your message with your condescending attitude.

Please NEVER come to a game again, you are not wanted!!!!

You are also comparing FOOTBALL to HOCKEY... 8 home games vs. 41 home games.... 90,000+ fans to 17,000 fans. Go whine your sissy ***** somewhere else! Maybe this sport is just a little too violent for a bed wetter like yourself.

Archived