Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going to a CAPS game v a REDSKINS game - TONIGHT WAS TERRIBLE

Club Seat Player

Nice values? Dude I'm not condoning some of the behavior you might have witnessed but you are attending a ruthless sport, not a golf game. People had been tailgating since 12 PM. It's the first game of the year. And why drive to Fed Ex if you aren't tailgating? The metro is at your disposal.

This. You belong in the club level where people watch the game on the tv and not in person. Especially tonight, what did you expect?

I expected a crowd.

I expected excitement.

I expected decency that we all paid good money to go to this game.

I expected to not be harassed in a REDSKINS jersey.

I expected please and thank you to not result in people cursing at a REDSKINS fan.

I expected for my fiance not to get harassed in a COOLEY jersey.

I expected people who would drink and be buzzed - but not indecent.

I expected cussing when something didnt go our way - but not every play.

I expected fun and comraderie with my fellow REDSKINS fans.

I expected to get a parking space three hours before kickoff.

Sorry - I must be insane....there must be others who feel the way I do. They just arent speaking up.

I went to the CAPS/PENGUINS games. They arent 1% as bad these have become.

I would be happy just to go a Skins Boys game. Complaining to a board where there are many who would have died to be there in person about cursing, traffic, and stadium management is kind of stupid to do. You should consider yourself lucky to be there to see such a amazing game. As I've said in other threads I spent this game at a bar and celebrated our win by rolling around on a karaoke stage with my redskin flag in my portis jersey screaming YEEEEESSSSSSS as friends of mine laughed and Cowboy fans cussed like hell.

Im no churchgoer...but every other work f**K? I mean please....Its understandable on a bad play. But every play????

I can't believe this. You bypassed the auto-censor, you... you... ANIMAL. I simply can't tolerate this behavior, and I know many lurkers here agree with me. Consider yourself REPORTED.

give hockey fans the opportunity to tailgate, combined with 10+ years of complete ineptitude from the caps organization, and i guarantee you will be faced with the exact same situation.

nobody is defending people acting like *******s, but if you have really been going to game the 30 years, you must have missed the last 5+ years if you are so surprised to deal with some drunken *******s at fedex tonight.

I just don't get this at all. Ive been twice, both times it was hell getting their and hell getting out, but that was it. People swore and said stupid stuff, but that's a football crowd, I just don't see how any of this is unexpected OR as bad as you're describing it.

I expected a crowd.

I expected excitement.

I expected decency that we all paid good money to go to this game.

I expected to not be harassed in a REDSKINS jersey.

I expected please and thank you to not result in people cursing at a REDSKINS fan.

I expected for my fiance not to get harassed in a COOLEY jersey.

I expected people who would drink and be buzzed - but not indecent.

I expected cussing when something didnt go our way - but not every play.

I expected fun and comraderie with my fellow REDSKINS fans.

I expected to get a parking space three hours before kickoff.

Sorry - I must be insane....there must be others who feel the way I do. They just arent speaking up.

Man where were you sitting? Sorry you didn't enjoy the game dude but going into this game with all the hype surrounding it, the parking lots opening up at 12, playing Dallas on opening night, I knew what I would be getting into.

Man where were you sitting? Sorry you didn't enjoy the game dude but going into this game with all the hype surrounding it, the parking lots opening up at 12, playing Dallas on opening night, I knew what I would be getting into.

Fair enough - Ive seen a lot - but this was over the top .... yes 30 years. And every home game since 1999. Every one. This was the worst.

I'm not so much disagreeing with the OP as much as I am saying that we just beat Dallas and this is what you're thinking about. First, they opened the gates earlier today than they ever have. Most people probably adjusted their schedule accordingly whereas you left at your normal time and the change messed you up. That's cool; it happens. Drunks will be drunks; they are all over. And I can see where you are coming from with every other word, but again it's a football game and the skins just beat the cowboys.

It sucks that the combination of poor planning on your part and poor behavior on others part has traumatized you to the point where winning means nothing. I look at it like this, I don't go to night games because it's always the worst crowd. But when I do suck it up and go to a night game, I know to take morons with a grain of salt. You will find these type of people everywhere and is sadly more of a product of marketing and beer sales than a reflection on the Redskins or any team. I don't know what else to say but maybe try going to some road games and seeing the same BS. Night games especially division games are always the worst. Sadly, not drinking beer doesn't pay the league as well as drinking beer so you will probably continue to see this get worse until we have a soccer riot which would be a football riot but you know what I mean. Again, I say it's football; we just beat Dallas. HTTR!

Yea, I can see how the OP could compare a Redskin game with 90,000+ fans in attendance,

vs a Capitals game with 18,000 + fans.

Sure, makes sense........................................

So expand your logic. Its the 90K vs 18K or the socially accepted norms that have been devalued and spiraled out of control? I attend Ravens games including Ravens Steelers and they dont act like this. They dont.

I'm not so much disagreeing with the OP as much as I am saying that we just beat Dallas and this is what you're thinking about. First, they opened the gates earlier today than they ever have. Most people probably adjusted their schedule accordingly whereas you left at your normal time and the change messed you up. That's cool; it happens. Drunks will be drunks; they are all over. And I can see where you are coming from with every other word, but again it's a football game and the skins just beat the cowboys.

It sucks that the combination of poor planning on your part and poor behavior on others part has traumatized you to the point where winning means nothing. I look at it like this, I don't go to night games because it's always the worst crowd. But when I do suck it up and go to a night game, I know to take morons with a grain of salt. You will find these type of people everywhere and is sadly more of a product of marketing and beer sales than a reflection on the Redskins or any team. I don't know what else to say but maybe try going to some road games and seeing the same BS. Night games especially division games are always the worst. Sadly, not drinking beer doesn't pay the league as well as drinking beer so you will probably continue to see this get worse until we have a soccer riot. Again, I say it's football.

Thanks for your thoughts - I hear you. And Im thrilled we are 1&0. Just not so thrilled I was essentially run out of my seats by thugs at halftime.

Thanks for your thoughts - I hear you. And Im thrilled we are 1&0. Just not so thrilled I was essentially run out of my seats by thugs at halftime.

I'm sorry your day got ruined by some goons that you (un) lucked into sitting next to. I don't know if it was the last straw or something for you but if it were like this for the last 10 years you've been going, you would have stopped ages ago. I've been a few times and everyone that sat around me was fun, loud and generally really nice. That's purely anecdotal, but so is your experience. You can't just chalk it up to bad luck instead of ripping on everyone and blowing a gasket?

I'm sorry your day got ruined by some goons that you (un) lucked into sitting next to. I don't know if it was the last straw or something for you but if it were like this for the last 10 years you've been going, you would have stopped ages ago. I've been a few times and everyone that sat around me was fun, loud and generally really nice. That's purely anecdotal, but so is your experience. You can't just chalk it up to bad luck instead of ripping on everyone and blowing a gasket?

I said this applies only if you fit the description. Believe me - it needs to be said. Its why FEDEX doesnt have true Redskins fans. Look at the Steeler game -- 35-40-50 percent Steelers? Tonight had 25-30% Cowboy fans....why did this happen? Because longtime Redskins fans from RFK got run out of the stadium by these practices....and the result in terms of visiting team jerseys speak for themselves.

This had a frat party atmosphere (not the good ones - the kind youd fear for your daughter in). I feared for my safety a number of times. It wasnt fun and I couldnt enjoy the game.

Family atmosphere.

Arent you embarrassed no one in their right mind would bring a kid or teenager to this environment?

I left at halftime and its your fault. You know who you are and shame on you.

HAHAHA! You FEARED for your LIFE!? You would be a Club Seat ticket holder, wouldn't you.

Were people chasing you with plastic knives?

My fiance went, her little sister went and they made back alive! Unbelievable!

Oh yea, my grandmother went too.

Stop drinking merlot and eating cheese.

You respond to every one as if your better than the rest.

Bet you tell people to sit down in front of you on DEFENSE.

Good riddance.

Give your tickets to someone who won't leave during halftime.

Archived