Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Edwards on 980 right now

WallyG3

Said they need to focus on fundamentals - especially solid tackling.

He's talking right now about the importance of having a 3 technique DT who can take a double team, but also can hold up the o-line to allow the LBs to make a play.

Says Bernard Holsey has been looking good, Chase and all the new guys have good attitudes and good work ethic.

Says we are "blessed" to have the safeties we have. It is a luxury to have 2 guys (terrell and bowen) who are able to come in and add a different dimension.

-that's all I was able to catch a write down. It was about a 5 minute interview - I think I missed the first couple minutes. If anyone else heard more, let us know!

I think our dline is made up of 6, 7, and 8 type of players. No real standouts, but we've done the same with defenses in the past during the Petitbone years. Work ethic, attitude, and their motor will go a long way to each player bringing something to the rotation.

Let's hope Edwards can get it to work. We'll probably still have hundred yard rushers against us, but I wouldn't expect games in which they have 150+.

Originally posted by carlsbadd

I am sorry to break it to you but Terrell plays a vital role for me,he's my whipping boy. He joins the proud ranks of Darrell Pounds and Leamont Evans as some of the Redskins non-playmakers of all time.

No Stanley Richards or Matt Stevens?

Other than Bruce Smith, this really is a NO-NAME defensive line. I'm hoping Edwards can get these guys to gel and play like a certain "other" NO-NAME line that ended up going undefeated in 1972.

Maybe we should have a contest to name our somewhat obscure D-Line. "The Line Nobody Wanted"? "Mudders and Fodder"? "No Name II"? "TBD"? or how about "This Is Our Freakin D-Line Until We Finally Draft One"? :laugh:

Archived