Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN - Great Debate: Cowboys to the Super Bowl?

HapHaszard

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/17815/great-debate-will-cowboys-reach-super-bowl

Now, let the debate begin:

MOSLEY: Tim, let's dive right into this thing without exchanging too many pleasantries because the two of us have never exchanged a lot of pleasantries. I wish we'd had this debate before the preseason games, because the Cowboys' first-teamers were embarrassingly non-competitive in matchups with the Chargers and Texans. But since I don't put one ounce of stock into the preseason, I'll argue that the Cowboys will become the first team in NFL history to play host to a Super Bowl in their own stadium. It sort of makes me queasy to espouse that type of optimism for this franchise, but I honestly think they have a lot of the intangibles that are necessary to make this happen.

The most important ingredient is quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee. I think winning his first playoff game last season against the Eagles was huge for his confidence. I think we both agree that he has the talent to lead a team to the Super Bowl, but he desperately needed to get the Seattle-New York monkey off his back.

In 2009, Romo sits to pee learned to put his teammates before himself. It was an important lesson for a guy who forged a reputation based on his devil-may-care approach. As backup quarterback Jon Kitna explained it to me last season, Romo sits to pee realized that decisions he makes on the field affect everyone in the organization. He ended up with 26 touchdowns and nine interceptions and was able to strike a nice balance between his improv work and his willingness to throw the ball away. He remembered Bill Parcells bellowing in practice,"The throwaway's a good play!"

Oh wait, I need to take a break and let MacMahon say something.

MacMAHON: Glad to see Parcells’ wisdom is still fresh in your mind, Matt. Perhaps you recall his oft-repeated line about putting away the anointing oil in regard to Romo sits to pee.

You really think one playoff win is proof that Romo sits to pee is ready to carry the Cowboys to a Super Bowl? What about the next weekend? He failed to get the Cowboys in the end zone during a lopsided loss to the Vikings.

click on the link above for the rest of Mosley's unbiased opinion.

You see his tweet?

espn_nfceast I'm starting to think an I-45 Super Bowl is possible. LOVE what the Texans did with their practice squad. Cowboys thin at CB, though.

That dude is in the tank for Dallas.

:ols:

Mosley sucks. Woooow. Seriously, how many practice squad players make huge impacts? What a loser.

Dont bite the hand that fed you and got you going :)

If Dallas's o-line plays sharp, it's realistic to think they can make it to the Super Bowl. If the o-line plays like it did in the Preseason we won't win 6 games.

You also have to bank on your defense either playing lights out like it did last year or getting hot again at the right time. With all that aside, you also have to hope Wade can make the right choices WHEN you get into the pressure cooker games. I really think he's been and what will be what holds this team back from ever getting a Superbowl. You've got a great Defense and you've got a great offense (though their are big question marks on the offense right now that don't make them much better then what else is in the BEast) but you've got a coach who just doesn't seem to know what to do with himself.

I won't rule it out, but I just see a Green and Gold superbowl this year.

I really hate when people say things in a debate about their own argument such as

"To this point, all of your statements have been summarily defeated by a man with half a law degree. Time to sound the retreat, sir."

Really? I think you need to learn something about debating, Mosley. At no point in that conversation did you even come close to "summarily defeating" anything, except my appetite. Homer.

Dont bite the hand that fed you and got you going :)

If Dallas's o-line plays sharp, it's realistic to think they can make it to the Super Bowl. If the o-line plays like it did in the Preseason we won't win 6 games.

I really, truly don't understand the hype over the cowboys. They could be decent--they have a decent team with talent at key spots...BUT, wade phillips is still the coach; their running game is still iffy; Romo sits to pee is all over the place and may be running for his life, and the Saints or the Packers are, in my mind at least, far superior teams. If anyone should be picked to get out of the NFC and into the super bowl this year, it's one of those teams.

And yes, it's absurd that Mosley is covering the NFC east. Here's a guy who couldn't even be bothered to watch one skins preseason game. He's completely in the tank for Jones and Dallas, and he should just do us all a favor and go back to being a DMN beat writer.

I

And yes, it's absurd that Mosley is covering the NFC east. Here's a guy who couldn't even be bothered to watch one skins preseason game. He's completely in the tank for Jones and Dallas, and he should just do us all a favor and go back to being a DMN beat writer.

He is a Dallas beat writer, just for ESPN, posing as an NFCE expert. The only thing he knows is the cowboys team and he sees them thru some very strange glasses. The only thing he knows about the Redskins, Eagles, and Giants is what he reads from their local beat reporters. Other than that he has no knowledge about the NFCE.

Archived