Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast Article From Indy about Shanny and Tryon

veleno45

:ols:

I imagine you sitting there pulling your hair out when you read this stuff.

Nah, nothing on the interwebs makes me so upset that I'd pull my hair out lol...but "he is an unprofessional"? I thought damn, when did George Dubya Bush join the site? lol :ols:...And the BigBlueJoe correction was simply because we really do have an ES member going by that name and I didn't want anyone to think he wrote this drivel lol :yes:...

So, how many playoff games have the Colts won without Peyton Manning since moving from Baltimore in 1984? :)

If you are going to shag Shanahan for having John Elway, you have to make the same caveat for Indy and Tony Dungy. Dungy in fact in Tampa had a rep as being a coach that could get a team to the playoffs but couldn't get the horse to drink.

If I am not mistaken the Colts were able to get Manning because they were 1-15 the year before :)

That franchise was in the absolute toilet for 20 plus years.

And even with Manning the Colts have won ONE Super Bowl, over perhaps the worst team to make a Super Bowl in recent memory, the 2006 Chicago Bears.

Worst offensive team in Super Bowl history.

Congrats, Indy.

Indy wouldn't have won the Super Bowl if it weren't for Tom Brady getting hurt in week one and missing the entire season. Also they were fortunate to face the REX GROSSMAN led Bears.

Well, the Colts DID beat the Pats, that was not the year Brady was hurt. The Colts beat the Patriots because Reche Caldwell (they did not have Moss or Welker) could not hang onto critical passes.

. Then too, they barely...barely made it past New England in the AFC Championship Game with Cassell under center.

I agree with most of what you said, but this is factually inaccurate. The year Brady went down New England went 11-5, but they didn't make the playoffs. So Cassell has never played a single playoff game, let alone the AFCCG. That was the "miraculous turnound" year that Miami won the AFCE and the Ravens snuck in as the #6 seed over NE. The year the Colts made the SB Manning beat Brady in the AFCCG.

So when do we find out the compensation for Tryon? I know it's not gonna be much, but I'd like to know which late round the pick is in.

They went from 1971 until 1995 before winning a playoff game and only went to the playoffs 4 times in that 14 years. In 95 they lost in the Championship game. Then they went 7 more years before winning another playoff game. It then took the infaliable Peyton Manning 8 years before he won the big one.

Funny how people forget how Manning was considered a choke before winning the superbowl. Of the 8 years before winning the SB the great one bowed out in the first round 4 times and again in 07 and 08.

Now I get that they're a threat every year to make the playoffs, just like the Pat's. However, you take Peyton out of the equation and that team is horrific at best. To cast stones at Shanny because he never won without Elway, well *******, the Colts have never won without Peyton.

This article is comedic guiness. hahaaa

Fleecing idiots like Shanahan and Allen is what Polian does best.

Can you tell I don't think highly of Shanny? That I think he is one of the most over-rated coaches in NFL history? That without John Elway he won a grand total of ONE playoff game from 1999-2008. He and the Redskins are made for each other. Over-rated coach working in an over-rated franchise

Here's my analysis of the trade, since were looking at one blogger's perspective.

The Colts win with a move for Tryon b/c he fits their scheme better than what he does with the Redskins. Tryon is a decent tackler but he's a small guy. Look at the guys who are on the roster at corner for the Skins.

With exception of Hall (who's looked better in the past weeks) every single corner on this team plays the run well. Rogers, Buchanon (generates fumbles) and Barnes play the run pretty well.

The Colts run a tampa two scheme that is more zone emphasized than man. I expect the Skins to run both man and zone and thus Tryon has been a liability in man (or against taller WRs). Thus Tryon may be a better fit there.

There was no fleecing of the Redskins when you're giving up a draft pick for a player that was more than likely going to be cut. As for the analysis by FO that Tryon was going to be the next Darrell Green, well FO isn't 100% perfect. I just don't see it.

It's a win-win trade. The Skins get some compensation for a former 4th rounder that they were going to cut and the Colts get a guy who they hope can provide some depth and can be groomed to be a #3 (maybe a #2) CB on their roster.

Here's my analysis of the trade, since were looking at one blogger's perspective.

The Colts win with a move for Tryon b/c he fits their scheme better than what he does with the Redskins. Tryon is a decent tackler but he's a small guy. Look at the guys who are on the roster at corner for the Skins.

With exception of Hall (who's looked better in the past weeks) every single corner on this team plays the run well. Rogers, Buchanon (generates fumbles) and Barnes play the run pretty well.

The Colts run a tampa two scheme that is more zone emphasized than man. I expect the Skins to run both man and zone and thus Tryon has been a liability in man (or against taller WRs). Thus Tryon may be a better fit there.

There was no fleecing of the Redskins when you're giving up a draft pick for a player that was more than likely going to be cut. As for the analysis by FO that Tryon was going to be the next Darrell Green, well FO isn't 100% perfect. I just don't see it.

It's a win-win trade. The Skins get some compensation for a former 4th rounder that they were going to cut and the Colts get a guy who they hope can provide some depth and can be groomed to be a #3 (maybe a #2) CB on their roster.

Great analysis, I couldn't agree more. I noticed in preseason that Tryon struggled against bigger guys and they often got separation on him pretty easily. I also saw him get turned around in circles a couple times as well. I don't see this as a huge loss for our defense, at all.

"Sorry Skins fans, but when your team has only one playoff victory in 17 years, and that win was against the friggin Detroit Lions"

Seconded. :doh:

:ols:

It's hard to write an article that ignores facts, but this guy somehow accomplished that feat. Well done.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/9/6/1672400/happy-labor-day-some-praise-for

I was semi-surprised to read this. Are we that bad as fans?

I'm suppose to really believe your a Redskins fan with your first post EVER on this site which happens to be a negative article which you would have to digg deep to fine on a less than viewed website? OK trolling Dallas Cowboy fan

Wow! To be so bitter after a great decade-long for your team. I agree that Polian is top flight and he got a quality NFL cornerback in Tryon (although I think it will prove to be a good move for Allen as well when the Redskins pick up an additional draft choice without sacrificing any DB depth this year), but the Colts biggest problems this year are going to be upfront, especially if Saturday's injury lingers. It's hard to count out Manning at any time, but if his protection is like the Super Bowl and the running game (such as it is) cannot take some of the pressure off, we might get used to some world-class petulance, crybaby faces and postgame rips of teammates by Peyton. Instead of worrying about Redskins fans or "East Coast bias," Colt fan should check the rearview in the division with the Texans and Titans. Even if their great divisional run continues, they might want to watch out for the Ravens and, though I'm loathe to say it, Patriots come January.

Tryon is yet another Vinny draft pick that was taken rounds too early, just like Chad Rinehart and a host of others.

Absolutely pathetic that with your top 4 picks in the draft, you end up with only one player in Fred Davis.

An always injured Malcolm Kelly that will likely never be an NFL starter.

Chad Rinehart cut outright.

Tryon dealt.

Devin Thomas reduced to now being a possible solution as a kick returner.

Great. We took a guy with the #34 overall selection in 2008 just to find a kickoff returner.

Most teams get that type of player in the middle to late rounds.

Archived