Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peter King predicting next years backup??

jbooma

I won't post the entire article, since as usual a lot of nothing. But I will select one very interesting comment.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/writers/peter_king/08/25/mmqb/index.html

HE CAN SEE COUCH WITH A STAR ON THE OLD HELMET. From Chris Leonowicz of Ossining, N.Y.: With Tim Couch -- in the final year of his contract -- named the backup QB in Cleveland, can you see the Cowboys going after him this year or next?

This year, no. Next year, certainly. Cleveland needs the insurance Couch will provide this year, and because he won't whine about losing the job, the Browns will keep him around this season. Next year, I could see Green Bay, Dallas, Arizona and maybe Washington or Carolina going after Couch, a system quarterback who will be too expensive for Cleveland to keep on the bench in 2004.

Okay one more: (to cheer up Flow)

e. The Jets can weather the Pennington loss if Vinny Testaverde plays the way he did when I saw him in camp. When I observed the veteran QB, he completed three perfect 25-plus-yards strikes, and he looked like one of the most accurate passers in the game. The question is: Can he do that for 10 or 12 weeks? I doubt it. Not at age 40.

Peter King loves Vinny for some reason. Then again, he thinks that Pennington was a rookie last year:

"Week 4 brought more carnage. Pennington, who last year had one of the best rookie seasons of any quarterback ever, was leaving the pocket against the Giants Saturday night and got mugged."

Yeah, yeah....it was his first year starting. I don't care. You don't call a guy in his THIRD year a rookie.

Good thing they got Hugesack back for insurance.

Someone please explain to me how a fat slop like Peter King, who can't write his way out of a paper bag, gets such a fantastic job???

I mean really, does he ever get called out on all these ridiculous predictions he makes week in and week out? (especially since many of them involve the Skins.)

Once Smoot turns in a great 2003 campaign, we should all drive to King's house and throw egg on his face!!, then kick him in the pants, Who's with me...

I could see Green Bay, Dallas, Arizona and maybe Washington or Carolina going after Couch, a system quarterback who will be too expensive for Cleveland to keep on the bench in 2004.

Well, having seen that, I thought it was time to send Mr. King an e-mail in regards to his comments. It goes something like this:

"Mr. King,

The Redskins going after Tim Couch in 2004? Are you a complete moron or what??!!!

The Redskins DO have a QB. His name is Patrick Ramsey, and you, along with the other so-called "football experts" will be eating a good deal of CROW when he shows everyone how good he really is.

But don't worry, we will save you a seat at the crow serving table. In fact, we might even let you sit at the HEAD of that table, because you sure have earned it!!!!"

I DOUBT he will post it in his column

Archived