Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Brandon Banks Cost us a football game this year???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I know there's been a lot of heat on this topic, and I know I'm probably going to get it in here, too. But the question begs to be asked with a poll, so I had to do it. :)

I'm going on the record with "No":

Someone else started a thread and brought up a valid point that one of Brandon Banks returns versus the Cards the other night made him worthy of a roster spot, even if he's fumbled three times in four games. Two I remember being muffs, so that's technique and can hopefully be corrected with coaching. Banks is at the very least our "last resort weapon", the poster said, and we shouldn't see him returning punts unless we're desperate or he's earned some good faith. I agree and believe we'll see him mostly at WR in a limited capacity until he learns to become less of a possible liability in the return game.

I can live with that. And Shanny is not like some previous coaches we've had, that will keep the same player doing the same thing because I guess that was just the natural order of things. **** that, this man single-handedly brought down the Cult of Colt and has Big Al possibly playing second string against the Cowboys. Banks will have to continue to earn his spot on the roster just like everybody else. If he doesn't improve, Shanny won't waste his time with his possible "potential" then he has anybody else we had hope or faith in. He doesn't care, and I love that.

Anyways, keep it civil, take time to listen to each other, and make time for family. I gotta be at work tomorrow at 7am then going to see my dad and do a lil scouting...

:helmet:

Edit: And don't get hyper-sensitive with "oh, what if it's early in the game you can't blame that entire game on him!" You know what I mean by cost us a game. Some typical Redskins BS like week one against Dallas with barely any time left, and a field goal wins the game; some painful, obvious crap like that.

I voted "no", simply because it is very seldom (if ever) that I believe a game's winner and loser is determined by a single call/play. I can see him with a couple fumbles or muffed punts, but I don't think it'll ever be the absolute deciding factor in a game, and I feel the potential benefits outweigh the risks personally.

i voted no on this as well. Banks will get better at securing the ball imo. He has the burst and he has the elusiveness thouse are things that cannot be taught. Banks can become a playmaker maybe not a every down wideout but bring him in on a screen pass throw some big uglies in front of him and watch the magic happen his speed is something you have to account for or they will find him wide open with nothing but real estate between him and 6 and i dont think theres many that can get him from behind with a full head of steam last time i checked Darrel Green is retired.

Or give him the ball on a screen pass he gets a couple of blockers and he will be a td threat that has to be accounted for and the fear of that in a FAR outweighs the drawback of a few muffed punts.

I think Brandon Banks will win us a game this year. Look, some people on here act like they guy JUST started fielding punts. He was solid at KState and didn't have these issues. These are isolated I believe and just a product of nerves of being in the NFL and trying SO HARD to win a roster spot. But when holds onto it I think theres NO QUESTION he's amazing in space.

I still have a feeling he may not be on the 53 come opening night. Looking at our roster our WR corp is one of the weakest on paper in the NFL IMO. Banks as the 5th guy on that list could be bumped onto the PS by us bringing in someone who just got cut (TJ Housh?) or pulling a trade.

If he makes the 53 I think he will not be on the active list as we will probably only dress 4 receivers.

I just dont think he is game ready. I would be very nervous watching him wait under a punt Sunday against Dallas.

Still real surprised we gave up a valuable roster spot to someone so undersized. I was hoping for the practice squad at best to let him bulk up and develop, but thye obviously think the high risk/high reward thing is too great right now.

Will he cost us a game? I don't know about that, but it's quite possible he costs us valuable field position during the course of one. But hey, it's equaly possible he'll break one if he's out there. That high risk/high reward thing, shrugs.

I voted no for the record, a sI don't see gim being in position enough to cost us a game.

Hail.

No, because I trust that if these problems continue, Banks won't be put in position by the coaching staff to lose us a game.

I'm also hoping he learns to hold on to the ball and becomes the next Dante Hall/Devin Hester.

Agreed. If he f***s up again, it will be in regular season, and there is a strong possibility he might be cut.

I wish we had drafted Nolan Carroll from Maryland. He is a decent CB, and is an electrifying KR/PR.

I think Brandon Banks will win us a game this year. Look, some people on here act like they guy JUST started fielding punts. He was solid at KState and didn't have these issues. These are isolated I believe and just a product of nerves of being in the NFL and trying SO HARD to win a roster spot. But when holds onto it I think theres NO QUESTION he's amazing in space.

I've been saying the exact same things in other threads. Finally someone thinking straight.

Guest Spearfeather
Because I feel like it. The Redskins have made me cry twice in my lifetime, so I've been thinking enough about the subject to believe someone else is thinking about it as well. Start a thread, why not?

I definately thought about it. I can see him winning a game for us late in the fourth quarter, and then turning around the next week and coughing one up at a critical time. I hope it doesn't happen.

exactly!!!!!

I voted no. Even our greatest returner of all time B Mitch pointed out how he fumbled in his early years during preseason.

The worst thing that can happen is he becomes Randel El. But imagine if he breaks out like Hester did early in his career.

Your 12 year old kids will go nuts over him if he does because they are eye level with Banks and they can fit his game jersey.

i voted no on this as well. Banks will get better at securing the ball imo. He has the burst and he has the elusiveness thouse are things that cannot be taught. Banks can become a playmaker maybe not a every down wideout but bring him in on a screen pass throw some big uglies in front of him and watch the magic happen his speed is something you have to account for or they will find him wide open with nothing but real estate between him and 6 and i dont think theres many that can get him from behind with a full head of steam last time i checked Darrel Green is retired.

Or give him the ball on a screen pass he gets a couple of blockers and he will be a td threat that has to be accounted for and the fear of that in a FAR outweighs the drawback of a few muffed punts.

I'm not sure even Darrel could catch him. Word is, he recently raced Chris Johnson and beat Chris two out of two. Haven't seen it on youtube or anything but the announcers talked about it during the Bills game.

Fix the fumbles and we've got a star:point2sky

People are just believing what they want to believe. People think he will just magically stop muffing/fumbling the ball. The fact is the guy muffed/fumbled the ball 3 times in 4 preseason games and this is being a punt returner part-time. Just imagine the possibility of that happening over a span of 16 games while fielding punts full-time.

And don't be so naive. If he fumbles the ball away near the opponents endzone and we lose then this guy is going to take most of the blame. For all you guys that believe in this guy then I would love to your heart rate in a 23-17(we are losing) game in the 4th quarter and we just forced the team to punt so we can get the ball back for one last score.

Archived