Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cracked on M. Night Shyamalan

SkinsNumberOne

People really get too hung up on that, when it really doesn't have much to do with the main point of the movie.

I know for me, it was kind of a letdown. Great story, wonderful character arcs, lots of neat little plot devices lead to a dramatic showdown.....horrible deus ex machina twist ending that was kind of a letdown. Maybe spend 5 more minutes writing a more creative weakness and it's on par with The 6th Sense instead of "1st of many retarded twist-ending-for-the-sake-of-a-twist-ending" movie scripts squeezed out to take advantage of his novelty while it was still semi-fresh.

I know for me, it was kind of a letdown. Great story, wonderful character arcs, lots of neat little plot devices lead to a dramatic showdown.....horrible deus ex machina twist ending that was kind of a letdown. Maybe spend 5 more minutes writing a more creative weakness and it's on par with The 6th Sense instead of "1st of many retarded twist-ending-for-the-sake-of-a-twist-ending" movie scripts squeezed out to take advantage of his novelty while it was still semi-fresh.

Yeah. Signs could have been great if MNS just put a tiny bit more thought into it. I think the first 3/4 of the movie was really good. Unfortunately the last 1/4 is one giant facepalm.

I thought the Village was pretty good, but he went horribly downhill after that. Lady in the Water is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I think Devil looks pretty good.

Signs was great up until the aliens were unable to break into a pantry =/ I didn't even really mind that water killed them, just the whole space travel etc, and they can't get through a wooden door.

Other than Lady in the Water, I've enjoyed the rest of his movies (The Happening I thought was very good, and I liked The Village as well).

I haven't seen The Last Airbender yet, I usually wait for everything to hit video, but I really liked the cartoons, so I was hoping I'd be good.

People really get too hung up on that, when it really doesn't have much to do with the main point of the movie.

I think that 95% of the last Indiana Jones was actually pretty good. The only part that sucked, aside from Shia ****ing Lebouf Tarzaning his way past ****ing automobiles that were traveling at 40 ****ing miles an hour, was the explanation involving CGI aliens with learning disabilities. Unfortunately, when the glue that holds your story together is CGI aliens with learning disabilities, your movie sucks regardless of how good the other 95% is.

The same is true with Signs.

(By the way, the "CGI aliens with learning disabilities" test holds up for every alien movie ever made. It's impossible to make a good movie if CGI aliens with learning disabilities are required. Signs sucked, Indy sucked, Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds sucked, Keanu Reeves' The Day The Earth Stood Still sucked, every new Star Wars sucked, Men in Black II sucked, and, yes, Transformers sucked too. What do they all have in common? Meanwhile, look at the movies that kicked ass. Independence Day, Predator, Alien, Men in Black I, Starship Troopers... all of them kicked ass. Why? Because they didn't rely on aliens being willful morons. They didn't even have to be sentient to not be stupid. Yet writer after writer ****s up this simple concept.)

Archived