Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cracked on M. Night Shyamalan

SkinsNumberOne

Cracked really nailed my feelings on M Night after watching the Last Airbender. I had friends telling me I was being too forgiving after watching Sixth Sense and Unbreakable... but I had not watched anything after Signs until the Happening, and finally this most recent movie which is one of the worst movies I've ever seen (I've seen the cartoon rendition, which was really good... and while this was a horrible redo of that script, it was also just an extremely horrible movie in general).

http://www.cracked.com/funny-5806-the-last-airbender-movie/

This also was pretty funny.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/m-night-shyamalan-is-making-a-trilogy-of-movies-really/

I used to think very highly of M. Night, then came the Village, and it all went downhill from there.

i guessed the ending of the village during the first 15 minutes of the movie as a complete joke.

and then the ending actually happened that way.

shamalamadingdong is like the upscale version of uwe boll: he keeps making movies and nobody can figure out how or why.

I really can't believe this guy is still making movies. Actually, I really can't believe he is getting the investments to make more movies. Epic Failure after epic failure is all this guy is. Now he has a horror movie about being stuck in the elevator???? The whole movie will probably take place in the damn elevator. Didn't we learn our lesson from Phonebooth?

I really can't believe this guy is still making movies. Actually, I really can't believe he is getting the investments to make more movies. Epic Failure after epic failure is all this guy is. Now he has a horror movie about being stuck in the elevator???? The whole movie will probably take place in the damn elevator. Didn't we learn our lesson from Phonebooth?

I saw the commercial and laughed. You can't make this stuff up, but he does. I actually liked Signs and the Sixth Sense.

I saw the commercial and laughed. You can't make this stuff up, but he does. I actually liked Signs and the Sixth Sense.

Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were pretty good. Didn't really like Signs especially with the crap ending. He had his 2-3 decent movies and then nothing but failure in my eyes. It just surprises me how he gets people to invest in his movies when if they read the script, they should laugh at how stupid it sounds.

Devil - A group of people trapped in an elevator realize that the devil is among them.

That actually sounds like it could be a cool little horror movie. M Night isn't directing it though - he wrote the story.

I'll look at the trailer when i get home. Sounds interesting.

Only an hour and twenty minutes long

shamalamadingdong is like the upscale version of uwe boll: he keeps making movies and nobody can figure out how or why.

I don't know about that. Have you seen House of the Dead? I didn't think it was possible to screw up a zombie movie that badly. Uwe Boll is amazingly horrible. If he had made The Happening (which is an abomination of a movie) it would be his best movie. :ols:

And don't confuse this with a defense of M Night Shame-alan, that guys career just keeps getting worse with each movie he puts out there.

Also if we are talking about horrible movie making we must mention Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer. These are the morons that keep making movies like "Disaster Movie" and "Vampire's Suck". If their mission was to make the worst comedy movies ever in terms of quantity and individual suck factor they have succeeded.

The Sixth Sense and the ending to it, which I won't give it away. Really was a total shock!

I think at this point, everyone is free to openly discuss the ending of The Sixth Sense.

M. Night's problem is that he's just a dick. He bought into his own hype following The Sixth Sense and Signs and now he blames everyone and everything else for his movies not going well.

He just did an interview for The Last Airbender over in France and he talked about how Europeans "get" his movies, compared to Americans who just don't understand them.

Signs was a good movie :)

Aliens traveled millions of miles and could jump 15' to a planet with water vapor in the air.

But couldn't breakout of a pantry, and water kills them

(its hard to suspend that much belief).

People really get too hung up on that, when it really doesn't have much to do with the main point of the movie.

People really get too hung up on that, when it really doesn't have much to do with the main point of the movie.

So people say, but I find you need to have a good story if you want to get your point across. Signs failed where Donnie Darko succeeded in using a sci-fi plot to drive the underlying story.

Archived