Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: NFC East More or Less

Dub70s

Exactly.. Zorn & Vinny were such a disaster that it will take at least a season to fix it all.

I am still trying to figure out how they went 6-2 in 2008.

Honestly a lot of it was luck.

I remember watching those games, and seeing LOTS of suspect calls. Going for it on 4th toward the end of games, things like that. I remember thinking, wow, Zorn looks like a genius because these are going our way - but what happens when they start going the other way?

We found out. 2-6 happens.

From their point of view, the cowboys get to face the 4-12 Redskins 2x vs we have to face the 11-5 Cowboys 2x.

i.e. WE make their schedule easier and THEY make our schedule harder.

Oh. Never though of it like that. Guess they are genius's and I'm a ratard!

From where I'm sitting, the Cowgirls make our schedule easier!

HTTR!!!

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

The fanbase needs a lil perception adjustment. This year isn't about double digit wins or playoffs. If that happens? Cool, we'll all enjoy it, but before anything like that can happen Allen and Shanahan have to rebuild the franchise from the ground up. Not offensive schemes or defensive packages, basic bedrock ideas like "You earn a starting spot" or "Practice is not optional". Rooting out the halfassed, lackadaisical mentality that has had us stumbling along with players that figure "Who cares? I got paid" has to happen before any of the other Superbowl wet dream fantasies can come true.

Go 8-8, go 6-10 but be in those losses, don't lose games due to stupidity or laziness, fight through the whole game, play 'em tough and really try to win every game and we'll be able to consider this a "winning" season.

If you think that records play into the Skins vs Cowboys games...then you haven't been a Skins fan for long.

Where did I say what I thought? I specifically said from THEIR point of view. Take off the burgundy glasses for a bit and accept that we've been a ****ty team for awhile and deserve to continue to be viewed as such until we prove otherwise.

The fanbase needs a lil perception adjustment. This year isn't about double digit wins or playoffs. If that happens? Cool, we'll all enjoy it, but before anything like that can happen Allen and Shanahan have to rebuild the franchise from the ground up. Not offensive schemes or defensive packages, basic bedrock ideas like "You earn a starting spot" or "Practice is not optional". Rooting out the halfassed, lackadaisical mentality that has had us stumbling along with players that figure "Who cares? I got paid" has to happen before any of the other Superbowl wet dream fantasies can come true.

Go 8-8, go 6-10 but be in those losses, don't lose games due to stupidity or laziness, fight through the whole game, play 'em tough and really try to win every game and we'll be able to consider this a "winning" season.

I definitely hear you and agree. Still, I believe this was pretty well set in stone in training camp. Examples were set. Even better, players believed. Not the Political stand like they had with Zorn. Really vanilla opinions. Players actually have a winning attitude and I see the fire on the field in preseason. I remember you could just look and see people not wanting to be "there" (on the field) last season. Yea everybody hustles in preseason cause they need jobs. I just see a huge difference in attitude. It's a mental game they play. Morale affects ball players too. If it's high, which is what I see, sky is the limit. Apparently the low seeded Steelers and the Low seeded Giants (both won recent Superbowls) figured that out some years back. Why can't we?

I would agree with you GoodOnPaper had not we changed everything we had this offseason. With everything thats been fixed and gained, i'm expecting no less than .500. But i wouldn't be disappointed because we were a 4-12 team last year haha

is this your first year as a redskin fan? huge changes in the offseason is the norm. look where it's gotten us.

We only lost 8 games last year by less than 7 points. We should be a touchdown better this year...

haha and two of our wins were by a TOTAL of 5 points. we were closer to going 2-14 than 8-8. make no mistake, the team last year was TERRIBLE. at no point did it even threaten to achieve mediocrity. the only reason teams weren't running the score up on us was because all they had to do was score ten points and sit on it. there was no reason for them to chuck the ball around.

yeah, we made some changes this year. yet another new coach who's going to change everything. again. but our o-line and wide receivers still suck, our secondary is questionable, our running back situation is a bunch of washed up has-beens, and our biggest offseason aquisition -- our QB -- is a guy who was considered washed up by his former team. now, maybe he's not. i certainly hope he's got lots left in the tank. just saying that's why philly dumped him. COUNTING on him to be worth an extra 7 points per game (over campbell, who actually had pretty good stats in fact) is foolhardy and reminds me all too much of every off- and pre-season of the last ten years.

in short, i'll believe it when i see it.

so when gruden says our schedule is brutal, and we'll therefore go 8-8 ... well hell, i'll take that as a compliment.

Exactly! And if we start slow, that's fine, because the key thing is we want to end strong so that these players believe in the changes.

And most importantly so that Snyder will stick with the changes and continue to let Shanahan and Allen do their job.

8-8 with a strong finish (like say 5-3 in the second half) would be a fantastic step in the right direction. Then next year, we'll be in the second year of the 3-4 (which is a big reason why I'm glad we're swallowing that pill this year) and the second year of the new offense. And we'll have an offseason to find some help at OLB and WR. And the new culture will be really setting in, and then I can see us being a pretty good team again.

Texans are not going to be better on offense.

Vikings are not going to be better than last year & Favre is struggling to stay on the field at this point.

Colts are not going to be better.

Packers are better...They might win the Super Bowl in my book.

We have a .500 schedule and half a dozen swing games to win!

I think we sweep the Eagles!

We need to split in the NFC at a minimum and win the majority of those swing games to have a winning season. One game at a time and we shall see improvement and progress!

It's coming!!!

HTTR!!!

Exactly! And if we start slow, that's fine, because the key thing is we want to end strong so that these players believe in the changes.

And most importantly so that Snyder will stick with the changes and continue to let Shanahan and Allen do their job.

8-8 with a strong finish (like say 5-3 in the second half) would be a fantastic step in the right direction. Then next year, we'll be in the second year of the 3-4 (which is a big reason why I'm glad we're swallowing that pill this year) and the second year of the new offense. And we'll have an offseason to find some help at OLB and WR. And the new culture will be really setting in, and then I can see us being a pretty good team again.

Precisely what I meant, establishing and expanding a culture of winning is more important than the outcome of any game (except for Dallas of course). No more "good enough" mentality.

Problem is - I wouldn't view 8-8 as a stepping stone in any way.

This isn't "year one" of a rebuild, it's yet another in a long line of Skins teams that is designed to "win now" despite many missing pieces.

I'm not sure how they'll do this year, but the Skins again are going to be one of the oldest - if not the oldest - team in football. 8-8 doesn't get it done.

Disagree, somewhat. I do not think we are built to win now, despite the age. Remember that a lot of that was here before...and they are simply keeping some players because you cannot change an entire starting roster in one offseason.

Built to win 2-3 seasons for now, sure..I can buy that they believe they can win next year or in year 3 with McNabb...but to expect a new system on BOTH sides of the ball with mostly brand new coaches to win the division is too much and I think they know that.

A "win now" move would be trading for a WR, other than McNabb I haven't had any sense that Shanny is in a win now mode. Quite frankly I think that move was done b/c we couldn't get Bradford.

I think viewing it the way you are is extremely jaded and ignores facts it's a transition season-just b/c they have Mcnabb doesn't mean they have mortgaged the future, they are just trying to put as solid a team as they can piece by piece.

If you can't see the difference well, maybe you will in a few seasons.

Archived